Chapter 17: Time to Search
438 9 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack headed back to his rocky abode, which had now started growing some sea plants around it, further blending in the hill with the surrounding area. On the inside, it began to look like a caveman had lived there, as Jack had starting scratching in some random stuff into the walls for fun while he worked on honing his slime control, getting slightly better every minute he practiced. J: “I guess I should find a way to track them… Uh, I guess I could check in with my evolutions?” “<Status>” Opening his status window, Jack noticed his Progression tab was pinging him again “Huh.” Tabbing over to it, he noticed he had a new objective, ‘Eliminate 99% Of All Sapient Life – Bonus Objective - Destroy All Buildings’ “Well that’s not menacing at all…” “Well, I guess I have a real reason to kill them all now, instead of just peace and quiet.”

“Speaking of that, I still need a way to find their location, last time I just stumbled my way there, but I doubt I’ll be able to do that again.” “Ah! Oh wait -fuck- I destroyed that building…” “They might’ve had a map of some sort I could’ve used… but, *haaaa* there’s no need to worry about the past now.” Jack thought pondering a moment more, passing a slime ball between his hand, before jolting up and losing concentration on it “Ah! Right! Evolutions!” “<Status>” Getting back to where he left off before getting distracted, he tabbed to claim rewards and claimed the evolution point for killing his first sentient creature.

Opening the new Evolution window, Jack goes through the different body parts “Sharper claws… Denser Muscles… Oh! Here we go! More Sensitive Tongues! That should help me catch their scent, I hope. The other options would be Longer Tongues, Sharper Tongues, More Durable Tongues, or Stronger Tongues.” “And I know I can taste things, so theoretically this should work.” Clicking on the option and selecting Evolve, Jack felt his many tongues burning up and then shortly after freezing as they writhed about wildly as they underwent the transformation “Agh! This is weird! Urgh!”1 “Bleh, I think that worked? The water tastes grosser at least.” Curling back up, Jack rested his head against one of the smooth walls “Well, I’ll test it out on the ruin site tomorrow, I need to rest up, and I’m sure some extra slime training couldn’t hurt.” As Jack thought this, he manipulated his slime to converge around his head to become a cushion he could rest on, as the night went on, he would slowly make it more detailed are more pillow-like.

Seeing the daylight flicker in through the reflections in the sand, Jack rose up from his half-conscious state, dispersing the slime evenly around his body once more, exiting his home, and stretching “Aaah. Feels nice.” “Welp, time to go hunting.” Jack dragged himself to the shore once more, breezing past the lifeforms which had entranced him earlier, and heading straight to the ruins. “Wooh! Nothing like a little exercise to start the day!” Glancing down to the ruins, Jack opened his mouth, letting his tongues spread out as he slowly walked around it “Hmm, so far smells like mostly grass and dust, ooh! There’s something new, smells a little like iron!” Following the scent, he let his tongues guide him to the wall “Ah, of course, blood. Not what I’m looking for.” Searching for a new smell, Jack is drawn to a nearby tree, “Hmm, smells a bit like the fortress, but more… potent?” Letting his tongues remember the smell, Jack followed it away from the fortress “Oooh! This must be it!”

Far away, four tired humanoid figures flew in the blinding daylight with wing-like arms towards a large castle, however, it seemed that this castle was upside down, where the ‘bottom’ attached to a cliff, and with five thick but short poles extending out the ‘top’ of it, connecting it to the ground, while a drawbridge style door was positioned near the top, but it didn’t serve as a bridge, but instead as a landing platform, right now it was pulled up, however there was a small lip extending just underneath the door that allowed the figure to land next to one of the more traditional sized and shaped doors. The leader of the bunch walked towards one of these doors and knocked, causing a slit to open on the top of the door, a gruff voice coming out of it “State your business at the Royal City” The leader answer in a poor mimicry of the gruffness of the guard “W-We’re here to see the K-King, we have i-important news.”

11