chapter twenty: we do a little trolling
351 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack was making a list of ideas to get past this barrier J: “Hmm, well, there’s burrowing under it, crushing it, smoking them out, make them fall out of it, or the simple way of just brute forcing it. After all, I doubt it has unlimited blocking power.” Tilting his head to the side, Jack ponders for a bit “Alright, well first things first, burrowing.” Starting on the mountain, Jack circles around the encampment until he is facing towards the edge of the cliff. He then proceeds to feel around for the barrier, and upon finding it, he starts digging at the edge, cupping his hands together and moving them like a mole would, flinging dirt sideways. Every few minutes of digging he’d poke in front of him to check the barrier, and after a good ten minutes of digging, he decided to swap positions “Maybe it’s just a half sphere…” Descending from the mountain, he once again starts digging, this time at the bottom of the mountain, right under the Cliffside and next to the barrier, he repeats the same strategy, this time checking more often and giving up after only six minutes “Alright, it’s a full sphere.” Looking around him, Jack has a little devious thought “Well… with all this dirt I’ve been piling up, I might as well put it to good use. Heh heh.”

Going back to the top of the mountain, Jack walks up to the barrier and begins touching it, feeling out its boundaries, until finally, he’s somewhat confident where the top is and lobs a slime ball up high just to make sure, with it coming back down on the top with a satisfying *plap* noise as it spread evenly in every direction “Yes! It’s not that high up.” And standing up, Jack reaches an arm over the top of the barrier, bringing it down on the top of it. “Alright, I can work with this.” Jack turns to the two piles of dirt lying next to the hole he made, and starts scooping them on top of the barrier, quickly noticing that they’re simply sliding off he decides to move onto phase two, before shrugging slightly “Well, that was slightly expected.” He walks over to the incline of the mountain he’s standing on “Alright, next is the boulder test.” Using the back of his hands and fingers, Jack cracks out a large rock piece from the mountain and brings it over to the barrier, hoisting it with both arms “Time to really see if this can withstand a constant weight!” Waddling right up against the barrier, Jack heaves a bit, before placing the rock on top of it, where it immediately tries sliding, but Jack holds it steady, balancing it on the top, making the yellow barrier to glow intensely. “Hmmm. Nothing so far, but I’ll just leave it there just in case it cracks eventually.”

Jack stands back a fair bit “Okay, and now to try making them fall out of it, for that I just need to hollow out the stuff under the barrier, and depending on the barrier, it will either make the place float, or cause everything to fall, which might move the barrier with it, might not, either way it’ll cause some damage at least.” Going back to his digging site off the mountain, Jack keeps digging. He follows the barrier until he reaches a part where it rounds out and starts going back up “Alright, so this is the bottom.” Backing up, digging where needed, Jack digs the hole out longer, making it into the shape of a line extending away from the barrier, he then digs a bit further down, and charges his breath weapon, aiming it at nearly 90 degrees away from the center of the line “Better to do a cut that’s too wide, then one that’s too thin I would think.” And Jack slowly fires it, sweeping it all across the underground of the barrier and then some as he manages to slowly make an almost one-hundred and eighty degree turn with his head.

The barrier, with nothing to rest on, and no physics defying capabilities, falls downwards, occupying the space, brought down by the weight of the space inside it, it manages to make the descend slightly slower if not for the slightly cushiony nature of the barrier. But with it, it also brings down the little bit of the cliff contained in it, and with nothing to support it, it slowly crushes the support towers of the building under its sheer mass, causing the building to fall off to the side as slightly weaker towers -due to minor things like getting a bit more moisture- break first, sending the building into its own barrier, sliding down it like a slide.

Jack admires his handi-work with a little shock “Well that worked much better than I could’ve hoped for, though I suppose the barrier being gone would’ve been the cherry on top.” Jack is slightly interrupted in his admiration by the rock he had made falling off to the side of the barrier, it’s balance broken as it crashes into the ground with a loud thud “Hahaha! I almost forgot about that!”

13