Chapter 21: Previous Hiding Of Light
344 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack backs out of the hole J: “Alright, now what?” Scratching his head a bit, Jack thinks “Well, I suppose I could drown them, but I don’t think that would remove the barrier. Uh… Hmm.” Jack slumps down a bit and stretches “Well, I guess I could always bury them for the time being, it’ll force them to keep it up while I’m gone, and also be easy to spot if they do remove it anyways. Also water is harder to deal with.” Standing up, Jack begins shoveling dirt on top of the barrier, and in a relatively short amount of time, covers the entire thing. With only the smallest bits of yellow light peeking through “Well, that should do it.”

Not so far away in the Sorcerers Tower, the Head Sorcerer and six other sorcerers stand in a circular pattern, runes lining the floor in front of them. The Head Sorcerer pulls back the hood of his green cape “It is time, we must re-awaken it.” The others surrounding him mumble in various tone of resolution, but not agreement. Each of them, starting with the Head Sorcerer, kneel down and press their hands on a particularly large rune stationed right underneath them, a sort of gem shape with a line pointing towards the center of the circle. As they begin providing magical power into the runes, they start glowing light-blue, flowing inwards towards the other runes and lighting them up as well, until the entire circle of runes are filled with magic power, at which after a couple seconds, the light switches to red then quickly disappears, giving way to a rumbling that shook the basement of the tower.

But even in the chaos, the sorcerers are not idle, they have now rushed over to seven symbols on three of the walls, three on the left wall, three on the right, and one on the front wall. Only the one on the front wall is unique, the rest are a sort of gem shape, but with a line coming out of the middle of each of their four sides. The front walls rune is in the shape of an oval, with six lines pointing inwards- but never touching- and one pointing downwards, the Head Sorcerer puts his hands on this one. As all the sorcerers put their hands on their respective wall runes, an eighth one enters the room with a bowl seemingly made of impossibly smoothened crystal, along with a table, and sets them both down next to the Head Sorcerer. And, after putting some magic power in it, the eighth sorcerer reveals its purpose, a scrying device, showing an image of a shaking snowy-mountain in a projection made from the glowing bowl’s light.

While Jack is training his slime some more underwater after retiring to the nearby river, Jack feels a steady rumbling in the earth that shakes him to his core J: “Is that an earthquake?” Jack had been a bit busy cleaning his sore hands of dirt when this happened, and lost concentraction on the slime that had been collecting and piling up the dirt, sending a considerable amount of dirt onto his feet “Aw- damn it, now I have to gather it again -granted- I should’ve thrown it far away while removing it, but I didn’t want to make the effort of throwing it after using my arms all day…” Shaking himself a bit, Jack straightens up “So, but seriously, what is this rumbling? I feel like it’s lasting too long to be an earthquake, though I’m no geologist…”

Curling back up a bit, Jack shakes the worry off “Eh, whatever. I’m really sore right now, I think whatever it is can wait for me to get some rest in at least.” Further curling up, and resuming cleaning with his slime “And besides, it’s not like I even really sleep anyways…”

8