08 – Minecraft Multiplayer
10.9k 20 383
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex was extremely happy. Minecraft was selling a lot more than he thought it would sell in the first week.

[Minecraft ]

[Units sold: 321 ($6,420)]

[Average time played: 6 hours. ]

[Peak of simultaneous players: 241 ]

He had already sold over $6,400, which was equivalent to 32 Gaming Points!

With that he could finally launch the game's multiplayer mode, which would definitely attract more players, as well as making current players even more addicted to the game, as playing alone was fun, but playing with friends was several times more fun!

With a smile on his face, Alex sat down at the computer and started setting up minecraft's multiplayer mode.

Using 50 Gaming Points, he bought a server that would support 5,000 people, which would be more than enough for the player-base now.

First he activated a LAN Servers option, which would be free. On this type of server, as long as the two players had the game and were connected to the same internet network, they could connect to the same world together.

Secondly Alex decided to add a mode where the player could buy a world online, the world would cost $1 a month and the player could invite up to 10 people to the world with him, if he wanted more slots he would have to buy separately.

That was an idea that Alex had when making the multiplayer mode. As the game was made on a very different platform from his previous world, it would be impossible to get hosts for players to make their own servers, so in order to accommodate these people he decided to make a system to host himself. Players would have no lag at all, and would just pay a cheap price to play with friends.

If someone wanted to make a big server with many slots, people would have to pay a lot more money, and then it would be up to the server owner to make the server profitable with the micro-transactions they chose.

And finally, Alex decided to make some servers for himself, to encourage players to play the multiplayer mode, ie he would make some minigames on a server that players could join.

The server name would be the name of one of Alex's favorite servers in his previous world.

[Hypixel ]

But he couldn't make many minigames with the features he currently had available, so he chose only two of the simpler but a lot of fun minigames he liked to play.

[Build-Battle ] and [Hunger Games ].

Luckily he didn't have to build the lobby manually, the only thing Alex needed to do was imagine what the lobby would look like, or rather, remember what Hypixel's lobby looked like in his previous world and tell the system to build it.

With a smile on his face, after a few hours of setting everything up, Alex finally hit the [Test ] button.

The dizziness he received the first time was gone, after getting used to playing this game it faded with time, so Alex just blinked and in the next second he found himself in the world of Minecraft again.

But unlike normal, now he was in a medieval town, with a big purple portal facing him, around him he could see some stalls with Villagers that could sell some useful things to players.

With an excited smile on his face, Alex headed for a Villager he had programmed.

*Hrmm*

The Villager made his usual sound as he made a screen appear floating in front of Alex.

After changing the settings on the window a bit, Alex finally pressed confirm and felt a light come down on him.

With a smile, Alex ran to the nearest mirror and found himself there.

Instead of the standard "Steve" Skin that he had previously worn, Alex was now wearing a skin with a worn brown shirt, light gray pants and black shoes.

He had made his own skin to match the name he would use in the game.

Through the mirror, Alex could see a name floating around.

[Notch ]

That was the name he chose for himself, both as a form of admiration and an homage to the true creator of Minecraft.

The Skin he had been made based on the original Notch Skin, the only difference being that instead of a long beard and a bald head, Alex changed to a bald beard and a head with long black hair.

Skin was pretty simple, but Alex liked simple things, so he was satisfied with that.

That was his idea, the characters Skin change would be free once a week on the Hypixel server, if someone wanted to change it before a week, he would have to pay $1 for each time it changed, resetting the time again.

As players liked to be unique, Alex thought it would be interesting to allow players to change their appearance as well. The changed skins in Hypixel worked on all Minecraft servers, including SinglePlayer mode, so even if a player didn't like playing with other people, he would still need to come to Hypixel to be able to change his own appearance in the game.

And when he came here, he was likely to be interested in one of the games. Those who are more violent could enjoy playing Hunger Games, and the more peaceful and creative had fun playing Build Battle.

The server had a Vip system, where the player could pay to have unlimited Skin swaps, colored capes for the player to wear, and be able to choose the color of the name above their head.

Nothing that would give you an edge against other players, but still allow players to support the game, and help the game earn more income.

After testing the minigames, Alex was satisfied with what he had done and decided to quit Minecraft.

Seeing that there were 298 players online in the game, Alex felt it would be a good time to notify that a new update had been released.

---

Ned was very happy the last few days, and the big reason for that was that he got to know Minecraft.

Minecraft was not only an extremely fun and innovative game, it was also the game that changed his life.

From a high school student, to a streamer who had over 500 people watching him every day.

Most Minecraft players got to know the game through Ned's livestream, so these people liked to see him play it from time to time.

The money Ned was getting on the livestream was pretty good, in just a week playing minecraft he had made over $600, which for a kid who was still in school and just staying at home playing video games was amazing.

But today something familiar happened.

While he was using Nether's stones to make his castle even more intimidating, a screen appeared in front of Ned.

[A new update is available, do you want to restart the game to update? ]

Seeing this Ned was excited and without thinking twice pressed the button.

[Yes! ]

------

Chapter 14=5 is already released on Patre on!

Patre on.com/NunuXD

383