86 – Repercussion of the Tournament
10.5k 8 245
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ned's luck was that even though he missed the shot, T'Challa and Yume couldn't shoot him because of the lasers Peter was shooting at them at the same time.

Bang!

But this was not without a price, as after missing the shot, while Ned was changing the Sniper equipped by Iron Man's boot to fly to Peter, he was targeted by gunfire from other players.

Fortunately the player was shooting with a rifle, and only a few shots hit, enough for him to reach the tower alive and be able to heal safely.

"The game is getting a lot more interesting now." Hogun commented as he watched the clashes unfold on the screen non-stop. Not only from Ned and Peter's team against T'Challa and Yume, but also from the other players who were killing each other around.

"Yes, in the beginning the map had a lot of space, it was rare to have such a messed up confrontation." Fandral nodded as he leaned back in the chair he was sitting in. "Now that the fog is clearing, the contestants are bound to meet, making it that much more interesting."

The other viewers also agreed with this. Although in the beginning there was a lot of confusing combat, now it was where only the best were alive, and each one using the best equipment possible, which raised the bar even more, making watching this tournament much more fun.

"What do you think of this, Sorcerer Supreme?" Wong asked the woman with long hair next to him. As he spent so much time focusing on trying to convert the magic he learned in Minecraft into real life, Wong didn't pay as much attention to events in the outside world. Fortunately this was already bearing fruit and he felt he would get substantial results soon.

The woman next to him just sipped tea from the infinity cup she bought and responded calmly. "I feel this will be very interesting. Especially thinking about the training of young sorcerers, although this new game will not have any new spells, it will still be very useful to develop battle instinct and reaction speed for newbies."

Wong thought about what she said and had to agree, thinking that normally it was already so dangerous for new sorcerers to get life and death combat experience, being able to train that in this new game could greatly decrease the amount of deaths they would have when facing demons in the future.

Not only was Sorcerer Supreme having this vision, but in various political and military centers around the world the Fortnite tournament screen was being broadcast for officials to watch.

"So you want to implement this as part of mandatory training for soldiers, General?" The US President asked one of the generals sitting next to him in the White House briefing room.

"Yes, Mr. President, considering that in this environment soldiers can put into practice everything they've learned, in addition to training teamwork and combat strategy, I can't even think of a way to train soldiers that is safer and more efficient than this 'Fortnite' game." The General commented while watching the exchange of fire between two teams of players.

"You're forgetting one detail." An Air Force General added, gaining the attention of everyone present. "Usually Notch develops rewards for players who have high ratings in Minecraft games, like the Golden Apple, I believe that… Fortnite… also has generous rewards, after all, unlike Minecraft which is a more casual game, Fortnite is a very more competitive, and what would a competition be without a prize?"

Hearing this, everyone's eyes lit up. Everyone really wanted prizes like the golden apple that doubled a person's strength, but only those who won that could receive it. If they invested more resources to dominate the game, these prizes would all belong to them!

"Okay, pass my decree, from the big barracks to the small military battalion, everyone will have computer rooms built with large numbers of computers. Find out the minimum specification needed to play these games and build the computer to that specification. Our priority is quantity above of quality versus computers. Analyze the difference in game performance against the specification of the computer and if there is a difference, build computers with top of the line specifications for the elite soldiers to use." The President was decisive in hearing this.

Although the government realized that it would be dangerous to send their soldiers into battlefields as unknown as these Mojang games, thinking that their opponents would probably do the same was more reassuring.

The amount and viewers that were watching the livestream was breaking records after records.

Of the 48 million players watching "in person" on Minecraft, there were currently 69 million, and of the 150 million watching on the Twitch livestream, that number had already increased to 270 million, totaling almost 340 million live viewers!

The workers at Twitch were seeing this huge amount of users using their website to watch the tournament and only dollar signs appeared in their eyes when they saw the number going up.

Initially their server couldn't even handle that many viewers simultaneously, but for some reason, even with this huge influx of new users, the servers were completely stable.

Even though the livestream from the [Mojang] account was not showing any sponsored advertising from Twitch, this was of no concern to the site owners, as even if they didn't earn anything now, they knew that the average amount of viewers in the future would probably it could even bend!

"Chalie, try to contact Mojang by all means, we need to offer them the best contract for them to continue using our platform!" Twitch's Director of Marketing said excitedly to the manager beside him.

"Yes sir. While we are still unable to locate contact addresses for Mojang, we have already reached out to the top Minecraft Streamers so that they would also try to contact Notch should they have the opportunity in the future, as they have more chance of that, and try to get us an email." Charlie, a beautiful blonde in business clothes said next to the Director.

Hearing this, the Director was quite pleased with this manager's idea of ​​his, which even he had not thought of before.

"Well done, Charlie, keep it up." The Director praised with a smile.

"Wait, what is Tony Stark doing at the base of the towers?" Notch screamed in shock as he panned the camera to show Tony using Mjolnir as a pickaxe and breaking the bases of the players' towers at the end of the Tournament.

Seeing the scene of Mjolnir being used as a demolition hammer, it made the expression of the Asgard warriors a little lost.

Thor: ???????????

----------

We are at the Start of the Month! The best time to become a Patreon!

Please, vote with your Power Stones fast, it helps me a lot!

Read 20+ advanced chapters on Patre on!

Patreon.com/NunuXD

Discord Server:  https://discord.gg/ky35Kv7GHr

245