Chapter 11 – Part 3
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Sarah …”

The shadow that moved in the darkness startled her, leaving her immediately alert, her heart running wildly.

“Heaven’s sake!” she complained, restraining her own voice so she wouldn’t wake up the girl sleeping on the other side of the door, and took a hand to her chest, where her heart still beat like crazy. “You almost scared me to death …” she muttered, taking a deep breath, and only then raised her head to face him; which made her take a step back. He’d untied his hair, the dark strands framing his face, and his eyes were gleaming again, which she had come to identify as a bad sign. “I thought you’d be downstairs …”

“And I was. And then I came up here again. And went back down. And by the third time decided to stay … and wait for you.” She took another step back and he had to make use of all his willpower not to chase after her. “How’s Selena?”

“She’s okay. She’s sleeping,” she told him, trying to sound firm, and Alexis averted his gaze towards the stairway.

“That’s good. Well, I’ll be going, then … It will be morning soon,” he declared, although Sarah knew that there were still four hours to go until daybreak and, as she didn’t answer, he walked by her and went down the first few steps.

“Alexis!” He stopped immediately at the sound of her voice, and she only noticed what she had done when he looked back, to peer at her over his shoulder. In a mix of embarrassment and nervousness, she squeezed her hands together and forced herself to face him. “Thank you.”

His face seemed to brighten up and a smile stretched his lips, reminding her of how confused he’d felt the other times she’d thanked him. The emotions he was trying hard to keep under control escaped him, and amongst the usual chaos that inhabited him, happiness mixed with sadness, loneliness and guilt.

“Sarah …? Come with me …” he whispered reaching out for her, just like before, leaving her completely frozen in place. And yet, in the next instant, that hand had disappeared and his smile became even brighter, like the one he’d given Selena as he’d greeted her, stealing her breath away. “Good night, Sarah. Sleep well,” he wished and, turning his back on her, almost fell forward when she hugged him from behind, forcing him to go down two steps to regain his balance.

“You … stupid shadow!” she complained, burying her face in his shoulder while her arms threatened to choke him to death. “Don’t ever give me fake smiles again! I hate fake smiles!” she sobbed, her voice muffled, and it took him a few moments until he was finally able to overcome the shock that had numbed his senses. “I swear! I’d hit you if I could!” she added, still angry, and then fell silent, her body trembling against his. Fake smiles were all she’d seen, growing up. Smiles that hid the fear, pity and despise other people felt for her as soon as they noticed just how strange and different she really was. She’d learned to smile like that from them, which had allowed her to deceive the rest of the world. That even he would give her a smile like that was inexplicably painful.

“Sarah …? Are you crying?” he asked, not knowing what to do, and she squeezed her embrace a bit harder on purpose.

“Am not!” she declared but still refused to raise her head. “It’s just that I’m an idiot … and I’m tired … and my head doesn’t know what it’s doing anymore …” she muttered and he smiled coldly.

“I couldn’t agree more. Or you wouldn’t have stopped a monster like me from leaving you alone.”

“We’ve already talked about that!” she complained, squeezing his neck again, and he laughed at her retaliation.

“Yes, we did,” he agreed and it was her turn to be silent.

He’d laughed! And the sound of his voice had been warm and vibrant, making her heart beat faster.

What am I doing … Suddenly aware of her own actions and of the warm body she kept holding onto as if her life depended on it, Sarah felt her cheeks burn and a shudder shook her from head to toe.

“Good night, Alexis …” she told him, releasing him, and practically ran up the stairs and towards her room.

The light murmur of those words and the sudden absence of that soft, warm body pressed against his, left him suddenly empty. And, without a second thought, Alexis melted into the shadows surrounding him and returned to the material world in front of her bedroom door, right in time to stop her from opening it.

“Sarah …” he whispered her name, trying to reach her, but she quickly escaped him, refusing to face him.

“Let me through!”

“Sarah, look at me!” he demanded, grabbing her by the elbows, his emotions escaping his control, and she tried to push him back, to maintain the space between them.

“Let go of me! I can’t do this! I can’t!” she insisted on the verge of despair and he stopped fighting to hold her, pushing her against the wall on the other side of the corridor.

Her small, frail hands tried to push him back, hitting him and punching him to no avail. He held her chin with strong fingers, making her raise her head, and kissed her parted lips that seemed to call for his.

She still tried to fight him off but her strength started to dwindle. His kiss was hot, burning, possessive, making her dizzy. His masculine, heavy body pressed her against the wall, making it impossible to escape. And his unrestrained emotions were hammering her brain, making everything even more jumbled. His desire was undeniable and intense, like nothing she’d ever felt before, but it wasn’t the only thing he felt. There was also anger and despise, and an urgency that threatened to choke her. And, above everything else, loneliness and pain, the two dark holes that fragmented his being.

Sarah stopped trying to push him back, certain that she could never win over his brute force and, raising one hand, she placed it on his face in a gentle caress. Suddenly she could finally understand that, in truth, she still hadn’t answered his plea for help. As if releasing him from that place of pain and torture where she’d found him hadn’t been enough. He was still calling her, still needing her, making it impossible for her to simple ignore his plea.

She clearly felt the shock that shot through him at her touch, and with that simple gesture all the anger and urgency melted away, leaving only a much deeper disdain, not for her, but for himself. His kiss too, lost its voracity and became slower and gentler, until he finally released her, taking a step back.

Sarah blushed unable to control her uneven breathing, until she noticed she wasn’t the only one trying to catch her breath. His hand, still holding her face, caressed her gently, his fingers slowly sliding over her skin, as he leaned over her once more to place a light kiss on her forehead.

“Forgive me … I shouldn’t even touch you …” he whispered and the bitterness in his voice left tears in her eyes.

With shaky hands, and to his surprise, Sarah grabbed him by the collar of his jacket and raised her head to face him.

“I’ll go with you.”

Alexis just stood there, for a moment, lost in her unwavering crystal gaze. There was so much light in her. So much kindness, and at the same time so much innocence. Above all, so much courage that he felt humbled facing her like that.

Her whole body was shaking, he noticed, even her lips, still swollen from his kiss. It was as if she could fall apart at any instant. Her cheeks were adorably blushed, although he could still see traces of tears. And her gaze showed only determination, despite the fact he could smell the scent of fear emanating from her.

And those words … The answer to his request, leaving him unable to argue or deny her. No matter how wrong it was, the truth was that he’d never wanted any other woman the way he wanted her. No matter how much he tried to diminish her, right then Sarah was the most beautiful woman he’d ever seen.

Refusing to think about it any further, he bent over and scooped her up in one sweep. He heard her release a brief exclamation of surprise but, contrary to what happened before, she didn’t demand he put her down. Instead her arms surrounded his neck as she leaned her head against his chest, almost as if she wished she could disappear between his arms.

Alexis carried her downstairs at a slow, paused pace, giving her enough time to regret her own decision. His attention, however, was completely focused on her. On how small and light she was, or how warm and soft her arms around his neck felt.

Without even thinking about what he was doing, he crossed the living room and dove into the darkness behind the small door, at the end. Sarah squeezed his neck as the whispered murmurs that filled the darkness surrounded them, but still didn’t utter a single word. The door to his bedroom opened, obeying his mental command, and Alexis carried her across the threshold only stopping when it closed again, on his back.

Sarah shuddered at the soft sound and he released her legs, allowing her to stand up. Yet she didn’t release him, squeezing his neck even harder as she hid her face against the dark wall that was his chest. Embarrassment flushed her cheeks, and Alexis found himself smiling as he tried to delicately pull back the soft strands of golden-brown hair that helped her hide from him.

“Sarah …?!” he called her name, as if unsure of the identity of the woman standing in front of him, and bent over to place a warm kiss at the base of her neck. “Feeling embarrassed?” he asked between kisses and she shook her head vehemently still refusing to look up at him. “Then?”

Her arms squeezed him even harder and he felt her body become tense.

“I’m … not that … experienced … So …” she muttered, stumbling on every word as if her voice was stuck to her throat and she stopped talking when he laughed.

“I guess that’s to be expected. Taking into account your little problem with being touched …” he said and buried his face on the curve her neck, kissing the soft fresh skin there. “But I’m glad,” he added in a whisper that seemed to calm her down a bit.

“It would seem that my problem completely disappears when I’m with you …” she told him, biting her lower lip when his hands slid beneath her blouse, directly caressing her skin, and he traced the line of her jaw, searching for her warm lips.

“Once more, I’m glad …” he whispered, caressing her with every word, and pulled back just enough to take off her blouse.

Sarah hugged herself, instinctively, but then his hands were covering her instead, gently caressing her. His lips took over hers once again, making her whole body burn and her heart beat like crazy. His black hair fell over her face in a curtain of shadows and Sarah couldn’t help touching it, feeling the soft strands slide between her fingers like water. The arm around her waist forced her to accompany him as he stepped back, until he sat on the bed, pulling her down with him, making her bend over to kiss him. His long warm fingers drew the line of her neck, followed by a rain of feather-like kisses, tracing her shoulder and caressing the soft skin of her chest.

She could hardly breathe when she felt his mouth, hot and moist, kissing her through her under bra. And although her mind persisted in trying to resist him, her body responded to him perfectly, as she arched back to allow him free access to her sensitive breasts.

With a groan destined to make sure he wouldn’t lose control and obey the instinct that demanded he’d take her right then, Alexis pulled her down onto the bed. The soft complain that escaped her lips was rapidly muffled by another burning kiss, and then he was touching her all over, coating her skin with hot, passionate kisses, from her neck to her chest, and down her belly, where he licked and tortured her bellybutton. She didn’t even noticed the moment he got rid of her pants, only that his lips kept kissing her, from her iliac to her thigh, down her knee where he drew soft circles. And wherever he touched her hot flames inflamed her sensitive skin, making her dizzy and drowning her in waves of pleasure she could no longer tell whom they really belonged to.

Flashes of color and light exploded before her eyes and a scream escaped her lips when he focused his attention on the center of her body, kissing and licking her relentlessly, invading her softly with his hot tongue.

Suddenly panicking she tried to push him back, pulling his dark hair but, like all the other times, he was like an unmovable rock, and the fire he was insistently igniting on her pleasure center spread through her entire body, leaving her breathless and unable to resist him. Too embarrassed by her own uncontrollable voice Sarah gave up on pushing him away and bit hard the back of her right hand, covering her eyes with her left arm. He was driving her crazy and touching parts of her that no one had ever touched … And she couldn’t help being afraid. Because nothing lasted forever and her heart, even after all those years, still hadn’t learned its lesson.

Alexis only let go of her when he felt her hit her release, her entire body trembling, her soft legs squeezing him before they released him again. Softly kissing his way back up, he went back to caressing her small breasts. They were the perfect size, he noticed, easily fitting the palm of his hand, their pink color simply adorable. And yet she’d grown tense once again, hiding her face between trembling arms. Kissing her wrists it didn’t take much strength to uncover her face, and the sensual, lustful expression he found there would have completely ruined his self-control, if not for the tears filling her green eyes.

“Sarah …” he whispered her name; a single word filled with feelings and promises, and kissed her forehead, and her nose, and her cheeks as she awkwardly dried her tears.

“I’m sorry … I’m just being silly …” she started to apologize but her words were cut off when he kissed her once again.

Alexis felt his core tremble when she embraced him, answering his kiss. Her small hands on his neck, between his hair, made him want to feel her warm skin against his, and, with a single thought, his clothes were no more. The shock that shook him at the feeling of her body pressed against his almost stole his sight and a burning desire overcame all other senses.

Sarah gasped at the sudden touch of his skin against hers, her rational mind still trying to understand what had happened. It was as if somehow someone had stole time from her, time to think things through, to mentally prepare herself … to go back on the insanity she was about to commit. Her thoughts shattered immediately when he placed a knee between her legs, forcing them apart, leaving her vulnerable. The speed that had taken over his actions was identical to the chaotic nature of his emotions, burning and uncontrollable, and she was suddenly afraid again.

“Alexis …? Alexis! Wait …” She fought for her words as fear took over her, certain that he’d never listen to her, her hands sliding over his strong hard shoulders as she tried to push him back. Panicking she didn’t even noticed that he had stopped moving, and looking up at him she couldn’t help blush at the way his bright eyes were staring down at her; as if she were the only woman on Earth. Her throat suddenly dry, she couldn’t help stare at the sensual way his lips remained parted, or the way his black hair framed his face, sliding over his naked shoulders, his hot, moist breath making her dizzy. He was so beautiful, so perfect, so strong … and she suddenly felt too human, too vulgar and uninteresting, and a stab of pain pierced her chest. “Ah … I … hum …” she hesitated and stammered, not knowing what to say, his body still pressed against hers, his emotions constantly invading her mind, making it clear just how much he wanted her. It’s just like Hale said … he wants me and here I am. As simple as that, and this time around she couldn’t even argue she’d been deceived. She’d known from the beginning what to expect and had agreed with it. And yet …

He moved slowly, leaving her alert, and held her left hand placing it against his chest. For a moment she just stared back at him, unable to understand, and then she felt it, the strong euphoric beating of his heart pulsing under her palm. The brief surprise that shook her quickly turned to understanding and something more. It wasn’t only for him. She too wanted to be there, to be with him. Because she wanted to reach him, if only for a few moments, and to silence the pain and loneliness he constantly carried within him.

Raising her other hand Sarah caressed his face, where the silver lines seemed brighter than ever, and ended pulling him down to her.

Alexis allowed himself to follow that small, trembling hand and closed his eyes when she kissed him, her delicate lips unsure, softly touching his. For an instant he just lay there, feeling her against him, the way her body fit with his, challenging him, torturing him. A low moan escaped his chest when she raised one leg, fitting it perfectly against his waist. She’d opened herself to him and was waiting.

Feeling his brain melt into a sea of flames, Alexis held her and kissed her deeply. If he only had half the dignity she deserved he’d never subject her to the dishonor of being taken by someone as despicable as him. And yet all he could think of was how much he wanted her … how much he needed to make her his. And unable to keep himself under control any further, he invaded her warm, soft body in a single thrust. He heard her surprised voice, and for an instant he couldn’t even breathe, as a burning heat surrounded him like nothing he’d ever felt before. Her nails dug into his shoulders as she reflexive contracted around him making him groan. Sarah had clenched her teeth, squeezing her eyes shut, and concern for her well-being suddenly overcame all the burning desire he’d felt just an instant ago.

“Sarah …? Breathe …” he murmured near her ear, gently kissing her temple, granting her time to get used to his invasion, and a smile touched his lips as she obeyed, opening her bright eyes that seemed even greener in contrast with her deeply blushed cheeks. “Are you all right?” She nodded vehemently and he dared move, slowly, which made her tense up again. “Am I hurting you?” She shook her head with the same intensity from before but, this time around, he seemed doubtful. “You have to tell me. I don’t want to …” Her hand over his lips cut him off and the ferocity that took over her green eyes startled him.

“Shut up or I swear I’ll bite you!”

The amused smile that took over his bright eyes told her too late she’d just used the wrong words. Holding her hand, Alexis licked her palm and moved again, leaving her breathless. His body was hot and hard, dominating hers completely, but the gentleness and perfection of his every movement made him the perfect lover. Everything in him was pure sensuality, from his long fingers that always knew where to touch her, to his burning lips that now surrounded her index finger, licking it and nibbling it as he made love to her. His dark eyelashes kept his strange gleaming eyes half hidden and his black hair fell over her naked chest, caressing her sensitive skin.

After carefully devouring all of her five fingers his mouth went looking for her neck, nibbling at the soft skin there, in a gesture that any other time had sent her down a spiral of fear. Feeling dizzy, Sarah held on to him, pulling her arms around his shoulders as her body seemed to be devoured by flames. His emotions had completely taken over her mind, his burning desire becoming her own, making her move against him with the same intensity he repeatedly invaded her.

Alexis clenched his teeth when she surrounded his waist with her legs, taking her even harder, tearing a moan from her lips which only made him want her even more. His left cheek burned as he increased the speed of his thrusts, almost as if a burning iron had been placed against his skin, and then she broke down all around him, pulsing and squeezing him, completely ruining what little self-control he still retained.

The first thing Sarah was able to hear, besides the vibrant hum filling her thoughts, was the gasping sound of her own breathing. And then his, much harsher, matching hers. She could still feel him inside her, filling her completely, and when she opened her eyes Alexis was staring down at her, although there was something strangely frail about him. Almost like a child, afraid of being abandoned … With a smile, she raised one hand to caress his face, and as he shuddered at her touch, she pulled him down, hugging him against her chest, caressing his damp hair.

Alexis just lay there in silence, feeling her warmth pierce through his body, embracing his essence. He’d never felt anything like it before … Never felt so at ease, so at peace, in his entire life. Right then he felt in complete control of himself and that was a sensation that had as much of amazing as of disturbing. Because she’d been the one to make him feel like that … A mere, all too frail, Human girl.

Contrary to what normally happened when he took other women to his bed, he could clearly feel the energy filling him inside, but there was no impulsive need to immediately go out and release it. All he wanted was to stay there, near her, surrounded by the scent of her skin, listening to her heartbeat.

Sarah moved, probably resenting his weight, and all it took was that small brush of her skin against his to reignite his desire for her. If it were up to him he’d be making love to her again, right that instant, and then again, and again. But he could clearly feel her mind slowly being taken over by drowsiness, and so he forced himself to remember that she hadn’t slept at all in the last twenty-four hours. And still she’d agreed with his selfish request and allowed him to love her.

Changing positions, he released her from his weight and pulled her closer, offering her his arm as a pillow. Sarah smiled, half asleep, her eyelids floating up one last time so she could look at him, the sweetness of her gaze warming him up inside. And then she wrapped an arm around him, hugging him and, snuggling against his chest like a small animal in search of warmth, fell asleep.

Alexis kissed her forehead, her closed eyelids and finally her lips. He’d never laid beside a woman after he’d gotten his moment of pleasure. And yet, right then, there was no other place in the entire universe where he’d rather be.

* If you want to know more about this book or simply access earlier updates, please visit the official site at http://carpersanti.net/gaea/

Also, please consider supporting the author so she can go on putting her madness out there for anyone to read: https://www.patreon.com/carpersanti ?

0