Meeting
1.2k 1 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Thanks for the support, Byakoo and Eric!

A month later...

On a wonderful Sunday morning, most people would've still been in their bed fast asleep. Those that work on a night shift had just come home and immediately dropped dead on the bed. They were too tiring to care whether they were sweaty or dirty, what matters more to them is good sleep. 

And in such a great time, two people, smaller one and the taller than average adult, could be seen jogging side by side near the empty park. Although the latter doesn't seem exhausted at all, in fact, he looks even more invigorating, though the same couldn't be said to the shorter one. 

"Remember, you need to be conscious of your breathing. Inhale...exhale, keep repeating this until the end of this run," so he said while effortlessly sprinting with his back face the front as he faced the young Midoriya. 

"Yes!"

Ever since he had agreed on teaching the latter his 'Breathing Technique,' he had started jogging together with the kid while occasionally dropping advice as he did a moment earlier. Since he decided to do it, might as well go through it to the very end, that was what he thought back then.

And now, he hasn't regretted his decision just yet. As expected of a protagonist, he was able to use the technique just as fast as a genius in the cultivation world, though the only difference is that he still had a hard time using it in normal day-to-day life. He was too conscious of his surrounding that it's turning into a side effect on him whenever he uses the technique. 

Toshinori didn't—rather, he couldn't say anything since his successor accepted the deal of his own will. Honestly, he was also just as curious as the kid regarding Zhang Yu's power. The latter could quietly creep behind you without you feeling anything out of the ordinary, he knew it because he has experienced it firsthand. If his goal was to assassinate him, he wouldn't have noticed before his head was about to be beheaded, which said a lot of how frightening his stalking skill is.

For someone with such magnitude of skills to remain unknown up until now is simply weird. Toshinori had even gone as far as consulting his friend, but the only thing his friend told him was that Zhang Yu will be a big help to him. He understood that his friend couldn't say much since it might twist the future he knew, or he might even die a gruesome death as a result, so he refrained from asking more.

Also, due to his injury being healed, he couldn't follow Midoriya all the time as he did in the manga as it will only attract people's attention toward him, so it was Zhang Yu who end up in his place. Although it wasn't planned, it did somehow end up like that. Perhaps, it could also be the power of plot. Zhang Yu was amused at the thought. He almost thought it was no different than Heaven's Will.

Suddenly, his thought was interrupted as he halt his step and turned to his right. He could sense two presence heading toward his location at an amazing speed. He was familiar with one of them as he had seen her when he first came to this world, but as for the other one, he couldn't quite tell who it was.

"Sorry, kid. But I'll need to send you somewhere else, don't worry, someone will be there with you," so he said, and without waiting for the response, he made a few hand seals in a matter of second before pointing both of his hands toward Midoriya and the confused boy soon disappeared on his spot. 

Although he doesn't necessarily need to send the kid away as he could still protect him while he was occupied with something else, he still chooses to do so as it was in his personality to be wary of everything. He isn't Immortal for nothing. 

Thump! Thump!

He could feel the ground trembles the closer the presence he felt moments ago heading to his location. And a few seconds later, he finally witness the large figure in the distance chasing after someone with his sharp eyes. Each step the giant figure took, it would jiggle quite beautifully. Even for someone who was used to seeing 'nation-crippling beauty' back in the cultivation world so many times, he was still mesmerized by what appeared in his sight.

As if sensing the malicious stare on her body, she suddenly looked up ahead of her path. She could only catch a glimpse of a figure in the park before she had to focus her attention back on the villain she was chasing after. She couldn't let him escape, otherwise, her reputation that has just been built will be ruined!

But when she turned her head toward the direction she last saw the villain, she couldn't find a shadow of him anywhere no matter where her eyes search for. In a panic, she swings her arm around causing the force of wind behind her swing to almost yank the trees off the ground. Yet the villain was nowhere in sight. Just as her mind consider giving up and accepting the loss, a long white-haired man appeared before her with his hand clutching onto the neck of an unconscious person.

"Are you looking for this?" He asked before skillfully raising the unconscious person by the neck for her to see. When she observed closely, she realized it was the villain she was chasing after. If it wasn't for him sneaking around like a sly little snake, she would've long caught him by her own hands. But now, all the credits will go to this handsome young man. 

'Hmm, now that I looked closer, I don't recognize him at all. Is he a newly debut Pro Hero like me? No, I would've remembered if that was the case. Then, does this mean he was one of those hidden heroes who would sometimes help Pro Heroes subjugating villains while keeping their identity unknown like some sort of mystery when in reality, they don't have the pro hero license?' Mount Lady thought as she looked down, literally, at the person below her. 

Chapter 19 is out on Patreon!

38