One Punch Kid
993 1 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Thanks for the support, Byakoo and Eric!

Chapter 27 is out on Patreon!

"that's...impossible," someone eventually muttered what everyone was secretly thinking inside their head with a hint of disbelief in their tone amidst the silence. They couldn't believe so small and thin could destroy a huge robot with a single punch before landing safely on the ground. 

Even the person himself was quite surprised that his punch brought such damage to the robot. In his practice, he knows his strength is formidable which was why he wasn't that surprised when he could one punch the smaller robot. But now, he learned that his initial thought was wrong, rather, he underestimated himself more than he thought.

His teacher did warn him yesterday to not push himself too much in the entrance exam otherwise he's in for a surprise. Although his physical strength was already strong enough to dominate smaller robots without the use of his quirk, he has no confidence that he could do the same to the gigantic robot. Which was why that just now, he was using only 10% of his quirk in a few seconds for the punch and his heroic landing.

"The test is over!" Present Mic's voice suddenly reverberated throughout the replica city announcing to the rest of the examinees that were still scrambling for more points that it is the end of the test. Everyone who think they had gathered enough points sighed in relief after hearing the announcement, this included Midoriya. 

"Are you okay?" He asked the girl as he helped her get up to her feet. She occasionally groaned as the pain in her ankle could be felt at each movement she makes. 

"I'm okay, I just sprained my ankle. Thanks for your help," she smiles as she thanks him. As to be expected, he blushed and look away which showed how much inexperience he is toward the opposite gender. 

"Alright, lads. I'll take it from here," suddenly, the examinees heard a mature voice and turned their head around and saw a short elderly figure walking toward them with a cane designed to look like a syringe. When she came close to an examinee, she gives them a little gift while saying, "Just leave it to me, boys. Here, enjoy some sweet candy, don't be shy now."

Some of the examinees were clearly confused about her appearance, it seems like they haven't seen or heard of her except one who shrugged his shoulders exaggeratedly and says, "she's a mainstay here in U.A, always supporting the Academy."

She continues walking and giving some candy to the examinees she walked past until she comes to a halt in front of Midoriya. Actually, the elderly was looking at the girl he was lending his shoulders to. Although he was red to his ears, he didn't say a word, rather he couldn't as he was honestly trying to help her ease the pain on her sprained ankle. 

Smoooch!

"Wha—"

Out of nowhere, the elderly abruptly kissed the girl on her cheeks. While the other examinees were surprised and shocked by the sudden turn of events, the one who provide information previously didn't show much of a reaction as it was just as he expected. 

"Her quirk is the ability to amplify and speed up a patient's healing processes. Her presence allows U.A to go through with their over-the-top entrance exams."

"Alright, you should be fine now. Are there any more injured examinees to take care of?" She then went off to use her quirk on other examinees leaving the two in awkward silence as the girl suddenly laugh before thanking Midoriya once again for his help. 

...

"The results of the entrance examination are here." 

Zhang Yu calmly raise his head to look at the big screen ahead of him which showcases the final scores of the examinees. Unlike in the manga, the brat now scored second while Midoriya got first place with 80 points in villains and 60 in rescue. 

"Look at the monster you created," Eraser Head begrudgingly spoke out next to him. He turned his head and saw the same irritated look on his face. It appears he was still holding his grudge to the time when the other Pro Heroes lost terribly to him from the sheer pressure and brute strength. 

"I know, I'm proud of him," he responded with a smile. The latter ignored him when he quickly realized his ill intention didn't get through to him. Zhang Yu couldn't help but let out a chuckle, he was amused by the reaction. He was quite thankful that Eraser Head listened to his warning and stop himself from using his quirk back then.

After all, rather than sealing his abilities, Zhang Yu had a gut feeling that it might do the opposite instead. If his seal was unleashed, he was afraid it will bring a fatal blow to them, which was why the warning. Even with the seal on him, his sense is still just as sharp. That's how he could tell Eraser Head was about to use his quirk, otherwise, the numbers of Pro Heroes in here would drop by half.

And so, a week pass by.

"Allmight!"

"Whoa, calm down kid."

Although he knows his score will be more than enough to be accepted into U.A High, he was still quite worried in the past few days. Only when his mother gave him the paper mail he had been waiting for, and that he learned from Allmight hologram which emerged from the mail did he finally sigh in relief.

"Why are you two even here for?" Zhang Yu muttered under his breath. The two suddenly knocked on his door with an awkward smile. Apparently, they just decided to meet up at his place since Allmight appearance is noticeable if he was out in public, which is understandable, but at the same time, he wonders, why can't they just wait until the school is open?

"Sorry about this, we couldn't find any other place for the meetup." Since Toshinori appeared apologetic enough, he also held himself from retorting. "It's fine," so he says. 

"Congrats kid, you make me proud."

"Yes!"

35