Chapter 4- How To Make The Proper Setting
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Was super busy today, sorry the chapter is so short. I'll make next chapter a good deal longer.

  Wayne was currently floating around in the attic, playing pong with a dusty old table his family put up here after he got bored of it. This, of course, meant lazily trying to simply keep the ball bouncing between two levitating paddles. He'd been getting better over the last three weeks. At first, he could only keep something like this going for about 10 minutes, not counting when the ball bounced off. It would get harder and more exhaustive the heavier something was, the more items he tried to pick up, the finer control he tried to exert, and the longer he tried to do it. It was like exercise, or as close to exercise as Wayne would get. The feeling of over exerting himself was unlike when he was alive, and more like getting more tired. He would get progressively sleepier as he worked out, for lack of a better term. Now though, he could control the object he was influencing much better, and it took little concentration to keep his current activity up. While his telekinetic dexterity had improved by a lot, his strength hadn't seen as much change. He could barely lift anything over thirty five pounds consistently, but found himself able to throw it easier. He could still only toss it a few feet, and it was much more mentally draining, but sudden bursts of movement seemed easier for the time being. He didn't spend all of his time messing around with pong tables, however. He had been brushing up on his piano skills, cleaning up his home, and figuring out some of his other ghostly attributes. Firstly, he became weaker during the day. He just felt... less. It was a hard feeling to put into words. The feeling got even worse when he was in direct daylight. He could barely manage shifting a feather around in this state. He had some ideas about things he might be able to do, but didn't have any way to test it. He couldn't exactly possess anyone if there wasn't anyone to possess. He wasn't able to do much besides clean, work out, and play pong.

  The mansion was definitely looking better, at least. Without the need for sleep, he had gotten all of the trash littering the floor and threw it into the small storage cellar out of the way. He had managed to get some of the candles lit again, which was pretty easy after he got the first one lit. He went through and changed them every night, using the candles in the servant's supply room. He also found he had a form of night vision when he realized he could see perfectly in what must have been near total darkness. He'd been pretty bored despite all of this. You could only walk through random objects back and forth before the novelty wore off, after all. 

  The ball bounced off the table and onto the ground. Wayne sighed and floated down to the first floor. Making his way to his room, he decided to stare out the window. He was only able to do this at night, because of the presence of the sun. He was starting to grow irritated by it's existence and constant detriment to him. Stupid sun... As he looked out the window, he noted that he could rarely ever see animals outside. He saw a rabbit, a week ago, before it looked over to him and ran off. He used to be able to see all sorts of animals out the window. When he was alive, of course. Nothing big could really get past the fence, but the house used to be surrounded by all manor of small forest critters. Birds and squirrels and the like came around commonly, Wayne even saw a fox that managed to sneak in once. But now, all he could do was sit in silence and observe the trees peeking over the hedge. The mansion was in an isolated part of Fetell Grove, with a thin patch of trees and forest surrounding it. Just twenty meters down the drive way was the city proper, the mansion easily viewable from the city. Gazing out the window with melancholy, Wayne saw something new. Right in front of the house, the gate opened. The rusty iron bars creaked loudly, and several people walked in. there were four in total, they had a slightly shorter stature, and they crept up to the door with mischievous, if slightly pensive, grins on their face. They spoke in hushed whispers that Wayne couldn't make out from here as they approached his home.

  Wayne was ecstatic at this sight. He'd been waiting for this for what felt like forever. He hadn't been able to talk to anyone else for three weeks straight, and he desperately needed human interaction of some kind. So, of course, Wayne made his way to the foyer, through several walls, and eagerly floated out of the last worn down wooden wall to greet them.

0