Assimilation
947 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up feeling nauseous.

Squinting my eyes , I tried to see what that intense smell was. There was vomit on me , my hands were covered with blood and I was all filthy with dirt and torn clothes.

Chh...

The pain coming from my forehead affected me from realising that there was a huge bruise on my forehead , from which I was bleeding . 

Then they came, the memories of an unknown person , Michael , 13 or 14 from the looks of it , they were shouting at him while  toying with him like a rag doll, his body bruised . Michel tried to fight back by swinging his arms around but unable to do anything to save himself . The other kids were enjoying , laughing at the misery of Michael . Out of luck or bad luck Michaels punch got connected with a kid , long story short the kid out of anger beat Michael so hard that he fainted to death . 

Hun.. dead , I woke up again with a splitting headache , then it came to me that I am that scrawny kid who got beat up , well I was in his body .

sorry kid you got killed and I took your body , I won’t say that I will take revenge for you , but I will say one thing that if they come at me then I will make them think that dying would be better.

Apart from Michaels final moments I remembered about his past , about this world ,  The world of pandora . A world were people were strong , brutal and savage , that’s what I was told by my dead mother , I mean Michaels dead mother. His parents died last year during a beast tide saving the village they lived in and Michael Was left alone in this village with no one to look up to or rely on . 

Every three years during the beast tide many people die and last year my parents left me , ok I will call them my parents especially Mary my mom she loved me a lot and I fell something inside me ripple whenever I thought about them, may be due to assimilation. It’s similar to my parents in my previous life , my father looked at me like a pest but my mother loved me . My mother died , she killed herself from all the humiliation from the damn society . 

Now I think, the similar thing is happening with Michael , the villagers bullying him , maybe for the resources left behind by my dead parents . They left me a house , few gold and the most important of all an awakening crystal . 

It costs around 10gold which was costly.

As I am turning 13 in a week  the villagers started targeting me so that they can snatch the crystal before I can use it to cleanse my body , these damn vultures .

my mother repeatedly told me to use it before she left to fight the beast hoard , maybe they new they were going to die there . Tears started falling from my eyes as I desperately tried to wipe them off , I got up slowly by pushing my hands on the ground , wincing from the pain . 

Forcing myself from not screaming from pain I reached my house and laid on my bed ,taking a valve of medicine and applying gently I took a long sleep .

i woke up late at night feeling hungry and thirsty , lines of text appearing in front of me .

Welcome to The World of Pandora

You have been selected , The World of Dreams welcomes you

You will be given an ability to choose , a weapon and a lottery ticket .

Abilities: upgradable

Fire mage 

Beast tamer

Necromancer

I think I will choose fire mage , I don’t like skeletons , beast tamer don’t sound so powerful .

Ok fire mage , you get a C class blade , for the lottery ticket just rip it and a random item will appear .

Best of Luck .

Hun just like that , there is no description of the abilities and when did I finalise fire mage , this fucked up system , maybe I should figure out my self , at least this blade is good C class , at least I can save my self from danger . I should probably save the ticket for a better time , no I should use it now , there’s no use saving it .

rip.. rip

Congratulations, you got a storage pouch ( B class item)- you can store up to 50 items or max 500kg , weight nullification.

It seems my luck is good . 

I didn’t mention this but this world has class system , from F class to B class , maybe there might be more , I don’t know .

You ask me how are items class decided ?

During awakening or reaching 13 yr people get a skill called Appraisal ,  items come with their own class from creation .I will give you an example my parents were both D class so me getting a C and B class  items means I got lucky . 

Grumble....

I got up from my bed feeling hungry and with lot of excitement , went to the stove to boil eggs . I tried using fire mage power a small ball of fire formed on my palm and it felt surreal. There was a slight feeling of heat on my palm , apart from that nothing . maybe I got fire resistance . I used the fire ball to light the wood and boil the eggs in a pot .

While the rays of sun illuminated the room I was in, I ate the breakfast sitting on the bed ,  , I thought of making some plans . 

 I’m not afraid of taking care of some kids but if an adult got involved i wouldn’t survive.  I shouldn’t got out of the house and get plotted against .

Only for a while , just survive until I awaken and then I can think about something to do.

 

5