CHAPTER 57 DIRE SITUATION 2
65 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 57 DIRE SITUATION 2

Even though the woman is fine, Edward is not.

His back is badly charred and bone could be seen coming out of his wound.

God only knows how severe his internal injuries are.

“We got him!!”

“Target down, target down.”

“Go, take him.”

The pursuer is quickly getting close to Edward to take him with them.

“Sir, we got incoming.”

Suddenly the helicopter pilot informs his commanding officer what he saw.

On the other side of the road, row after row of black color car speed through the road like there was no tomorrow.

“What the hell is going on? Ask them, who the hell are they? ” The commanding officer tells his subordinate to ask the Chinese government whether that is them or not.

“That’s not them sir.” After a few seconds, the officer gets his answer.

“Then why the hell didn’t they inform us about them?” The commanding officer is livid as complications come right after they succeed with the chase.

“They said there has been a complication, sir.” 

“Fuck this, all unit go now. Get me his head.” The commanding officer didn’t have time to hear the excuse.

“You, let’s stop the damn convoy, we need to buy them some time.” Then the commanding officer tells the pilot to try to slow them down.

The helicopter is not an attack helicopter but the officer and the commanding officer both had a gun and a single automatic rifle with them.

The rocket launcher only had one ammo left, so they didn’t have a lot of firepowers to stop the whole convoy but slowing them is possible.

They fly past Edward and goes toward the incoming convoy.

But before they can even get close the pilot makes a sharp turn as he dodges something.

“Rocket!!” The pilot yells as he makes the turn.

They manage to dodge the rocket but as they look back at the convoy, cold sweet start to run through their faces.

At the very least a dozen rocket launcher is being aimed at them and as they look more carefully, the entire convoy is arm to the teeth and every single weapon, except for the rocket launcher, is being aimed at the agent who had stopped not far from Edward.

The convoy also stops and they enter a stalemate.

When the helicopter went past Edward, the agent already got to Edward but when they saw the convoy they stop as they are afraid if an all-out war will begin.

Looking at the situation, with a heavy heart the commanding officer had no other choice.

“Tell them to retreat.” 

Seconds later, all the agent turn around and left Edward alone.

At first, the commanding officer had thought of waiting and watching what this convoy will do next but as he remembers the rocket launcher, he knows that will be suicidal.

So he just asks for aerial surveillance to keep an eye on Edward at all times.

In just second the entire street is empty except for the convoy.

Then one of the vehicles from the convoy comes forward to Edward's position.

Then someone who wears a completely black suit and a black mask comes out of it. From the body figure, it’s a woman. 

It’s Anna.

Anna worriedly checks on Edward's body without moving him.

‘My god Edward, I’m sorry, I'm sorry.’ Anna whispers with guiltiness in her voice.

Burn off skins, broken bones, internal and external bleeding, and god knows what else.

She almost cries on the spot when she saw Edward's condition, but she held back her tear in front of all the convoys.

Anna calls some of the people from the convoy and asks them to take the stretcher out of her vehicle and carefully help her move Edward into it.

As for the women that with Edward, she calls the emergency line and just left her there.

When Edward is in the vehicle she starts to move the convoy back to Hong Kong.

When they got to Hong Kong all the vehicles start to disperse all over the city, every car and every van is the same make and model, down to even the color.

When they disperse even aerial surveillance cannot tell which one is which. 

Anna then manages to sneak Edward back to a safe house that she already prepares.

In it a doctor, a full staff, and complete surgical equipment that is ready to treat Edward the best they could.

Before she hands him over to the doctor she put on the same black mask that she wears on Edward's face.

The mask is designed and made by Kyle himself. It can only be used by three people, himself, Edward, and Anna.

When the mask is worn it will stick on their faces like it was their skin. The mask cannot be worn or taken off by other people other than the three of them.

After putting on the mask did she give him to the doctor.

After an entire day of surgery and worried, the doctor is finally finished.

“How is he?” Anna asks the doctor while changing her voice using one of the mask functions.

“I can’t believe he’s alive. Even now I can’t believe it. He should be dead.” The doctor said with tiredness and shock in his voice.

“Focus doctor,” Anna asks again but with some force this time.

“Sorry. There is not a single part of him that is not injured, from the top of his head down to his toes. This man needs 24 hours of monitoring and a miracle. He is now in a comatose state and that is the best situation for him. He could flat line at any second. My best suggestion, get him a full team of doctors or get him to the best hospital in the world.

 “We manage to put back most of the bone that had punctured into his internal organ and the one that comes out of his body, stop most of his internal bleeding, treat his burn skin and succeed with the blood transfusion. But we still didn’t manage to stabilize him, he is too dangerous to have another surgery after this. As I said, he needs a miracle.” The doctor gives her a summary of his condition and it did not look good.

‘He doesn’t need a miracle, he needs someone.’ Anna whispers to herself.

“Can he be move?” Anna.

“Now? Are you insane? He is still not stabilized and you want to move him? He could die if you move him.” The doctor looks at Anna like she is a crazy person.

“Answer me!” Anna yelled at the doctor.

“Yes, but I won’t recommend it.” The doctor.

“Everyone out, now! Your job is done. You all know what to do.” Anna yells to everyone who is in the room.

Before they all are release they are check by Anna using a portable X-ray machine, all of their cloth is taken and destroyed. 

They are given a new set of cloth and when they left they are blindfolded and had to wear an earpiece.

After she finishes handling the doctor and the staff, she loaded Edward into the van and destroys every single piece of the equipment that is used to treat Edward.

The only one that is not destroyed is the one that he needs.

5