CHAPTER 58 CONSOLES
76 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 58 CONSOLES

 

Present-day…

“I got him home and then I’ve been trying to call you but I can’t get through.” Anna is finished telling Kyle about what happened to Edward.

“I can’t be distracted at that moment so I just turn off the phone. I must forget to turn it on again.” Kyle said as he takes out his phone and turns it on again.

“I tell the kids that Edward got into an accident and not to tell anyone about it or the people who hit him will come for him. They have seen it before, so they understand.” Anna.

“Why did you move him then, it was too risky. He could die.” Kyle.

“Because I didn’t know whether that place is safe or not. When I move Edward to this house I use a different van than the one from before. I had to take that risk.” Anna.

“Fair enough.” Kyle.

“So, is he okay now?” Anna asks with hope this time.

“He is, he will wake up tomorrow.” Kyle just replies casually.

Anna let out a huge sigh of relief hearing that, she rushes to Edward and saw that all the bandages are off of him and he looks perfect.

There is not a scratch, contusion, bruise mark, or any sign of injuries left on him. It was like he shed his skin for a new one.

When Anna sees that she cried and had a huge smile on her face.

She had been feeling guilty each time she saw him like before.

She keeps on blaming herself again and again.

But at last her miracle comes. She had been praying to whoever is listening to get Kyle home as fast as he can.

She tells the kid that Edward is fine and that he will awake by tomorrow. She also told them Kyle is back, which surprise them.

They are so happy that they want to see Edward right then but she tells them that Edward still needs his rest, so instead, they go to Kyle and ask and tell him what happens during the rest of the summer.

The mood in the house is cheerful again as they are all starting to smile and laughing again.

After about an hour or two they all fall asleep.

They have been tired with worries and the tense situation, but after hearing that Edward is fine and Kyle is back, they all feel like a burden is being lifted.

They feel like their family is whole again.

After they all fall asleep Kyle calls Anna to see him.

Anna is tired but she is still awake at that time as she couldn’t take her eye off Edward.

She sat with him and the only thing that comes afterward is silent.

Kyle had a book with him but he didn’t say anything, he just keeps on reading. As for Anna she just sits there as she thought that she is going to get reprimanded about what happened to Edward.

“So, what have this failure thought you?” After minutes of silence, Kyle closes his book and finally spoke first.

“I don’t know, to be more careful I guess.” Anna is tired and guilty so she is ready for any scolding that Kyle has for her.

“Think carefully,” Kyle spoke calmly as he insists on an answer.

“I guess I have to think things more thoroughly and prepare for more contingency. I send him alone, I shouldn’t do that. Next time I will make a more perfect plan.” Anna is feeling down talking about this. It like it is talking about how she almost kills Edward with her own hands.

“There is no such thing as a perfect plan when it involves people. Everyone had different behavior and different thought, expecting them to move like a cog is a mistake. I once think like you too, it took me a while to learn it but I learn that people will surprise you more than you think.” Kyle.

“Then, what did you do?” Anna is intrigued by what he said. When she made the plan to filter out the organization she made countless plans for a different target.

Each target had at least three different plans and each plan had other contingency. She spends hours and days researching her target, perfecting every plan that she made.

“You don’t plan to succeed you plan to fail so that you are prepared for anything that might happen that beyond your control,” Kyle told her how he had managed to live after all this time.

“I did do that, that’s why I prepare for so many contingencies. Edward tells me that you always tell him to remember his failure as they will teach you more than he thinks, why?” Anna.

“For every victory and success you had you remember the feeling and only that, but for every mistake you did and had, you try to fix it, to be better. Each time you fail you’ll strive harder. Don’t let failure be the one that defines you, let it be the one that drives you.” Kyle.

Turns out he call her not to blame her but to make sure that she didn’t lose herself in this failure.

He calls her to console her.

“I will. I will not repeat the same mistake.” Anna said with determination in her voice.

Hearing this from Kyle feels like there was someone who will hold the world for her for every mistake she made.

To tell her that it’s fine to make a mistake as he will be there to help her whenever she falls. To be someone she thought she knew she never had, a father figure.

It was funny to her somehow, she is speaking with a child who she used to take care of and now he is speaking to her like he was her parent who tries to console his children.

She never had this feeling, she growing up depending on herself and others depending on her. Even with Edward he just lightens up the burden but she still has to carry most of it with her.

It made her feels weird, happy, and secure, right in front of Kyle she falls asleep as she felt her shoulder become lighter.

Kyle smiles a bit and had Wox send her to Edward's room, letting them sleep side by side.

“Aww… they are so cute, all of them. You know, you will make a great dad.” Wox is invisible the whole time he is in the house. He will only come out if Kyle told him to.

“I wonder…” Kyle let out a sigh as he looks to the distance, reminiscing.

“By the way why didn’t you introduce me?” Wox thought that Kyle will tell them about him.

“Their tired, it can wait till tomorrow.” When looking at the mood of the house alone when they come is enough to tell him that this is not the right time.

 

3