CHAPTER 60 BREAKING NEWS
80 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 60 BREAKING NEWS

 

“Edward, I’m sorry for…” Anna wants to apologize for what happened to him but Edward didn’t let her.

“Don’t apologize, I see the plan and I agree with it. It’s not just your plan Anna, it’s ours.” Edward tells Anna how he feels about what happened.

Even as he is an inch from death, not once did he blame Anna for anything.

At that time he just wants to be able to hold her again and apologize to her because he had to leave first and she had to take care of the kids alone.

Afterword they went to the living room and just talk. They were talking about everything, even the little stuff.

They talk like they have never seen each other for years. They talk for hours but they didn’t feel tired or bored.

As they talk they turn on the T.V. to learn about anything new about them that might be reported on the news.

The kids didn’t watch the news and from the moment Anna brought Edward home she is by his side never even use the internet, so she didn’t know what even happens afterward.

It was the afternoon and the kids are doing their summer homework and there is still nothing newsworthy for them to pay attention to.

They are just wasting time watching whatever show is on.

Suddenly there is breaking news interrupting their show.

The news anchor tells them that multiple embassies in Hong Kong had received a huge wooden crate.

They all are in the same size and shape. When it is first found many of the embassies want to deal with it quietly but as multiple embassies received it at the same time, the news is bound to come out.

They cannot confirm actually how many of the embassies are actually has this huge crate on them but the T.V. station already makes speculation that it could be a bomb, chemical agent, stolen artifact, and a lot more.

It was like they are trying to create panic for the masses.

All the station is showing the same news from multiple different embassies so everyone can see live what is happening.

As the news is going crazier, the internet is even more.

Conspiracy theory, chemical agent, nuclear bomb, a warp drive, everyone is throwing crazy guesses, some even said there was a time machine.

But the news then makes a very drastic and sensible assumption, terrorist attack.

Unknown crate at different embassies, wide media coverage, panic throughout the city, this is all looks like the work of a terrorist attack.

Anna and Edward are glue to the T.V. as they watch the news, even they are intrigued by what is in the crate as well.

One of the embassies already did all of the preliminary actions and confirm that it did not have any kind of detonation device.

But even then they didn’t move it as they are afraid that there still a chemical bomb inside the crate.

Since they were made out of wood they decide to drill a small hole and put a camera on it.

Before that, they put on a quarantine containment facilities for safety measure.

Since all of the crates are all the same, the other embassies come to an agreement that 90% of the content of all the crates is the same.

So they decide that they will focus on one first and then goes from there.

As a man who is wearing a full hazmat suit is going near the crate, the entire Hong Kong city is in pandemonium.

The viewer might not be able to see what is happening inside, but the intensity of the situation did not go down instead it goes up even more.

The man then takes a stair nears the crate as they decide to drill from the upper side.

He then takes a small drill and makes a very careful and slow hole on it.

He and everyone who is there and watching are praying to not let an explosion happen.

When he’s done making a hole and there was no explosion but the man is already sweating bullet.

Another man comes to replace him and slowly insert a small hi-def camera to see what’s inside.

Everyone in the situation room can see that the inside looks like it is pack with black garbage bags.

The bag didn’t look like to be empty. As they move the camera around more to gather as much information as they can, they can see what looks like to be an envelope.

When they see that, all of them agree that there no incendiaries as the envelope will be burn then, but they still didn’t rule out that a chemical agent might be in there.

World leaders of each embassy sit together and discuss how to handle the situation next.

They already rule out anything explosive but the chemical aspect is still highly considered.

But the problem is that they cannot assess the situation without opening the crate and the Hong Kong government will not risk the entire Hong Kong city to an outbreak.

The citizen is already in a panic, they didn't need more problem.

After around an hour of discussion, they decided to make a slightly bigger hole to take the letter out.

Maybe they can understand what is in the crate when they read the message of whoever is trying to send.

The countries with the crate, send in their best people to react to any situation that might happen.

Any important government personal and rich people already evacuated from Hong Kong, as for the rest of the people, they can only drive on land or take a boat. Some of them can only sit and watch at home.

After they make a bigger hole and they manage to take out the letter, it is presented to all the world leaders in their language.

“Next time, don’t get in our business. - U” That is what is written on it.

Many world leaders did not understand the message.

They manage to fully confirm that there is no chemical agent inside and that it is safe to be open.

They open it and inside it is exactly like what they look like; trash bags. It was full of it. Every bag has a content.

As they open it they can see nothing but a mash of flesh, blood, and bones.

The examiner almost drops the bag because of the shock.

And then they realize this crate is packing full of them and there was more than just one embassy.

So they take out all the bag and they confirm that all of them is nothing but a mash of flesh and bone.

At the bottom of the crate, there was a separate case that seems to contain different things.

As they confirm that it is safe they open it and inside it is full of disks and a flash drive.

After that, they open the rest of the content from the other embassy and it was all the same.

It was night when the entire event settles down.

4