CHAPTER 67 PRAYERS, STORY
62 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 67 PRAYERS, STORY

 

“…Prayers?”

Kyle finally found a bluish glow on one of the murals inside the altar.

As he gets closer he can hear the humming better. As it turns out the mural is actually a story and the humming is retelling it.

The reason Kyle said the story as prayers is because prayer is a story.

Usually, prayer is a story about a god or a powerful being that makes a miraculous or unimaginable act that awe its follower.

That is how prayer work in his world and that is also how the prayer is in this world.

It is a retelling of a story in hope that their god will do the same act as the one that they did in the stories they are praying on.

Usually, prayer is just a prayer, it just to remind people how powerful their gods are and that it, but if it involves magic then that is a different story.

The mural is telling a story about a being, which is not mentioned as a god or devil, which can control the power of the sun and the moon.

This being then can make the power as its own. Then the story continues about the miraculous act that it does.

When the story on the mural ends its starts all over again and again and again, it like it’s in a loop.

As the mural is telling the story something is responding to it and whatever it is, it reenacts a certain part of the stories.

Kyle listens to the story once and then sees what effect the prayer has.

‘It’s about power.’ Kyle deduces from the prayer that it had something to do with power.

Kyle then focuses on the core of the altar, the energy core.

The energy core is like a watery white orb that is suspended in the air.

He can feel that the rate of the power being absorbed is up by a bit. It was minuscule but he can feel it.

At this point, he already thoroughly scans the entire altar, and other than the power increase there was nothing else.

Kyle then explains the situation to Wox to calm him down because he is getting annoyed as he keeps circling the car again and again.

Hearing that the possibilities of the humming might have nothing to do with him somehow calms him down a bit.

Just to be on the safe side Kyle decide to stay there until the prayer stop, in that time he keeps on monitoring both the mural and the energy core.

He also keeps on trying to figure out why did this happen at this moment. He made a mental note of the date and times the humming start as he wants to know whether this happens yearly or is it because of something else.

He also takes note of the situation outside, from the position of the moon to the position of the sun that is on the other side of the planet. It could be something or it could be nothing.

Then he wonders again, what change wills this lead to?

The shape of the energy core is still the same, so he is still guessing.

If it’s about accumulating energy, it’s been doing fine before and the increase in it is minuscule, so it’s not that much of a change.

So he is guessing that there must be other change to the altar. Maybe it will happen after the humming stop or there is something else is responding to the altar, it just that he couldn’t find what it is.

‘I’ve been to focus on the altar and the spell on it, maybe I should start to focus on the man who made it.’ Seeing that there is nothing else changing on the altar, there are higher chances that the altar is responding to something external.

Since he didn’t know what that external item could be he decides that he might as well researched Solomon and his life. There might be something in the anal of history that could provide him with some clue.

He did make some research on Solomon but only superficially, never in depth.

It was sunrise when the humming stops, Kyle makes another mental note.

When the humming stop Kyle still keeps a lookout on the altar and Wox is just relief that it stops and nothing happens to him.

When they got home Kyle didn’t continue on tweaking with the altar, he just observes it.

He stops with whatever he is planning on doing to it and just keeping it under watch at all times.

As for Wox, he is asleep on the couch.

Wox never sleeps before, whether when he is in the altar or when he is outside.

Now each time he closes his eyes he went to see his family and friend, so he is actually not sleeping but now he is.

He paces around the car the entire night who knows how many times but that wasn’t what tired him, it’s the worried that he kept on thinking the entire night.

When he got home and lay down on the couch, all that burden in his head just disappeared and he just gets tired and falls asleep.

This is the first time that he sleeps from the moment he died.

Kyle didn’t fall asleep instead he busies himself doing anything else.

He eats, read some books, takes care of the business and doing other thing but he always keeps an eye on the altar.

Lucy didn’t ask anything about last night as she understood that some things are better off not knowing, especially if it involve Kyle.

Kyle continues observing the altar for a week and did not notice any change at all.

The rates of the energy core energy absorption also return to normal.

This makes Kyle more highly believe that something else is responding to the altar, something with a magical origin on it.

As for Wox he still can’t believe that he actually falls asleep. It had been so long that he didn’t even remember how sleep supposes to feels.

And then when he wakes up his body feel lighter than before, it was invigorating.

During those weeks Kyle starts to study Solomon more deeply. He studies his life, his myth, legend, and every extraordinary event that happen in his life.

He also takes note of every excavation that had his name on it.

3