CHAPTER 3 OPTIONS
701 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 3 OPTIONS

 

Three days after being rescued from the Void Kyle finally know the full extent of his injuries.

He cannot be sure whether it comes from Selphine or the Void but he is dying.

To be more accurate, his body is beyond saving. The injuries are too severe even for him, the only thing that keeping him alive right now is his power and soul.

His power keeps his injuries from worsening and his soul is the one that keeps him awake. If he lost his consciousness now, he might die.

The good news is that his soul is a lot more powerful than before. This is also the reason why his soul can still keep him awake.

His power is also increased but his power and his body are connected, so if his body is dead then his power will also be gone.

‘Hey, are you there?’

‘Yeah, so how are doing?’

‘Bad news, to put it bluntly, I’m might as well be dead. The injury is too severe to the point even I can’t start healing it.’

‘If you are dead then how are you still communicating with me?’

‘Because my soul is more powerful than my own body and power, a lot more. The magic I learn and study focus more on the soul. That is how I become more powerful. I develop my soul by both devouring other soul and nurture my own.’

‘But I can still feel that your body is alive.’

‘That is both my power and soul keeping it alive by force, if I stop my power and separate my soul from my body for a couple of minutes then I will die, permanently.’ 

‘Then there is no way to save your body? Then how about our promise?’

‘Don’t worry I have two solutions for this situation. First is that my body will go to hibernation and will try to fix its selves, time can either fix everything or take it. Whether or not it will succeed is something I don’t know. It wills all go down to luck.’

‘But I thought you said that your body cannot be fixed anymore and how long will this hibernation take?’

‘No, I said that I might as well be dead, that’s mean there might be a chance that I can heal myself but that’s chance is too low. As for how long it will take even I can’t say, the damage is too severe.’

‘Then what is the second one?’

‘The second option is for me to find a new body. I can take possession of a body that just died in no more than one minute. After I possess the body I will train it again to be as powerful as my original body.’

‘How long will it take for you to re-train your body again?’

‘That will depend on the body, environment, and situation of that place. If it is the same as my world it will take about five to ten years. If not, even I can’t tell.’

‘You said to train your body, but how about your power? Will you need to train it back again as well?’

‘The moment I take possession of a body, I will disintegrate my original body and turn it into pure power, and then I will seal that power inside my soul. If my new body is not strong enough to hold my power it will damage the body or better yet destroyed it.’

‘In another word you are trying to find a strong enough body that can hold your power, right? If you just need the power to train your body back, why not uses the power from your body?’

‘Yes, and to train my body it will not just take power it will also take other material, from plant to mineral to even flesh and bone. That’s why it could take longer; it will depend on the resource. Those are the two options. You pick one and I go with it.’

The voice then started to contemplate the two options. The first one wills go down to luck and the second one will be up to the environment and situation, which means that it, will be ever-changing to fit the situation.

In the end, it makes its choices and it’s the…

‘We go with the second one then. The first one will depend on luck and even if we failed we will go to the second one anyway, might as well start early.’

‘Now we just need to find a body and let me see this world and the one you want me to put to extinction.’

‘Before that, what are your criteria for the body, the age, gender, height or anything you find in particular?’

‘I want a two hands and two legs body, not four or more limbs please, male if you could and at a very young age. The one before the developing year, that is the year that is easier to shape the body.’

In the Grand Dey, there are many types of race, some of them are half-human and half-animal, horn, some extra limb and many more. Since he didn’t know the place or race of the place he is going, he might as well chose the one he is familiar with.

‘If it’s too young isn’t it a little bit hard to do something then?’

‘Not when I’m in control. Oh yeah, one more thing, if you could, can find the one with no family, it’s easier that way.’

It is easier for both the situation and himself. For the situation, people will ask less question and for himself, he is an orphan that raises himself. He is not that comfortable with people, especially around someone likes family.

He grows up alone, he suffers alone, and he achieves everything alone. For him to trust someone is something that will never happen in his life.

Everything he did is only for his benefit and no one else. He never lifts a finger to help someone else, not even a child.

That is how he grew up, no one ever helps him or even lift a finger. Every food he ate and everything his own is either something he works hard for or steals. Each time he is caught stealing he will be beaten half to death.

People never show him compassion and neither does he.

As for this genocide, he’s about to commit, he didn’t feel any guilt at all.

In his world he already kills countless lives, so why would he care about the one that wasn’t even his.

For him, it’s a transaction, and that’s it.

That thing saves him and he will kill an entire species for it. It’s just a transaction between each party.

There is no trust, just a deal, or in this case an oath.

‘Okay then, let’s pick a body. One more thing after you possess a body we will lose contact with each other and you have to do everything on your own.’

‘I get it about doing it on my own but why do we will lose contact with each other, isn’t it easier if you were helping me?’

‘Right now we are not on the material world or how you call it, the physical world. You are inside me right now. When you possess a body you won’t be inside me anymore and we will lose all connection.’

‘Then how do we get in contact with each other then? What if I finish my mission, how do I tell you?’

‘You won’t but the oath will. When the oath is fulfilled you will know that the bond that binds us will disappear, that will mean that the promise is done.’

‘Okay I got it, but will we ever met again?’

‘Who knows, maybe?’

 

14