CHAPTER 19 FOOD
299 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 19 FOOD

 

Kyle then goes out of the store without buying anything.

The worker thought that Kyle is going to get his parents to show them the computer he wants to buy, but Kyle didn’t come back afterward, which made her a bit disappointed.

Kyle went to a restaurant to eat lunch and to search for the supercomputer on the internet.

“A supercomputer is a bunch of servers hook up together so that the processing process is a lot faster than another normal computer.”

“Just as I thought, it can run a simulation of certain possibilities when it is given a task. It is useful.”

“The worker said that most international companies and the government have a supercomputer of their own, and this is Hong Kong. There are international companies all over this place. Why don’t I take a look at it tonight, I can see how it work.”

Even though he wants to rest for the day today, he is so bored by it that planning something is a very good distraction for him right now.

The movies are just a waste of time to him, the games get boring quickly, and the only thing that interests him right now is the electronic device of this world.

It is said that the advancement of technology of this world is to make human life easier, but as they advance the rest of the world are the ones who has to pay the price.

Whatever price that they had to pay, the world and every being in the surrounding environment are the ones that suffers for it.

So he is very intrigued to one of the most advanced technological advancements in this world.

“I should go at night. It saves more energy that way.”

Kyle plan to goes to one of the companies at night that way he didn’t have to keep on using his invisibility spell.

“Let just taste some food for the rest of the day.”

It is still noon right now and he did know what else can he do, so he decides to goes around the eateries and food stall to taste the food of this world.

He had the experience of being starving more than once before.

When he is a child before meeting with his friend, he is wondering from places to places looking for a way to survive.

He once had been so starving that he even eats tree bark and dirt to fill his stomach with something.

To date, it is still one of the most scariest and most horrifying experience he had ever been through; even dying in other people's hands is not that scary to him.

The feeling of helplessness, breaking past your breaking point where you are willing to do anything for just a sip of water and knowing that you are dying and there is nothing that you can do to stop it.

That is why he like this city as food is everywhere. Sure some people eat less than others but the possibility of starvation although it is not impossible, it is lower than in his world.

After that, he went from eateries to eateries, food stall to food stall to taste different types of snacks and food.

He did want to taste the alcohol of this world as well, but this body is still young and had a very week alcohol tolerance.

He did not like getting drunk as he will make a mistake when that happens, he like the taste of alcohol but not getting drunk.

The food that he like he finish it, what he didn’t like so much he gives it to the other children in his surrounding who look like they need it more than him.

It is the evening when he got back to the condo. His hand is full of snacks and he put it all in the living room table.

“It’s almost night.”

When Kyle got to the condo he takes out a cloak from his soul space.

The cloak is black as the night itself. It is one of his magic equipment, Darker Shade.

The cloak will give him not only protection but also control of the shadow element in the surrounding area of more than 900 meters. It can be used whether it is day or night. It had many other functions as well but it’s not as important as its control over the shadow.

But that is when he used the cloak with his magic, but he can’t access his magic power right now.

The cloak can give him some of its power but it will be very limited and some of its abilities will be restrained.

The reason he didn’t use it before is that, without his magic power, the only thing it can do in the middle of the day is giving him some protection from bullet and knife but not the control over the shadow.

With control over the shadow, he can move between the shadows, it will be faster, he will be unseen and he can attack using the shadow itself. That is its most important function.

But if he used it in the night without magic power, he will have some control over the shadow in the range of ten meters.

For him, that is enough for now.

He held the cloak with his hand and then he said.

“Mari.”

The cloak then turns into a gaseous like state and start to envelop Kyle.

Then the gas solidified and come out of it is Kyle who is wearing the black cloak, Darker Shade.

He didn’t put the hood up as he walks toward the balcony, the sun is down, and it is night time.

He put his hood up to his head and the moment he did his entire face is cover in darkness.

Not even a single facial feature can be seen, the only thing in that hood is total darkness.

Kyle's entire body suddenly turns into a liquid-like a state as he merged with the shadow on the floor.

He is moving from one balcony to the other until he reaches the top floor.

Kyle intends to use one of the cloak other functions, gliding in the air.

He uses his soul power to make himself lighter and then glides from one roof to the next toward one of the tallest buildings in the city.

Each time he lands on the other building, he jumps to the next one if it is close and he will jump higher off the ground if the building is further so that he can glide toward the next.

He knew that many of the tall buildings had a supercomputer of their own, as they are all million if not billion-dollar companies.

He learns that most companies like that had a supercomputer to handle their data, so he is heading to one of them to check it.

10