CHAPTER 20 FAILS MISSION
299 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 20 FAILS MISSION

 

It is 8 - 9 p.m. when Kyle finally closing in to one of the tallest building in the city.

He stops when he is just one building away from his destination. He did not know which floor is the supercomputer is located as the building is too big.

He scans the building not to look for the supercomputer but he is looking for anyone who is still working.

The only thing he knew about supercomputer is a room full of servers, but as the building is so huge and he cannot push his body with using his power too much, so instead he needs to find who can show him where.

He also needs someone to show him how the computer works, but he knew that there will be someone in the server room, so he just needs to find the room.

He finds that the building is mostly empty as just a small number of workers are left during the night shift.

Then he finds a female janitor is cleaning one of the floors.

He then jumps into the floor of the building and when he is getting close to the glass window, he disappeared into the shadow from the outside and then he appears in the inside of the building from the shadow as well.

This is one of the abilities of the cloak, he can move between shadows, but because he cannot use the cloak full abilities, the shadow must be interconnected with each other and within the range of ten meters.

Once he gets inside, he goes to the janitor and uses his power to hypnotize her.

“Take me to where the server room is.”

“I can’t. The server room is off-limit to anyone except for the technician and maintenance group.”

“Which floor is it?”

After knowing which floor is the server room and that only a limited amount of people is allowed inside it, Kyle goes to the elevator and then he jumps into the shadow again to go to the elevator shaft.

With his scan, he knew which floor he is at and then he jumps from one floor to the next until he got to the server room floor.

The building had a lot of security cameras in it including the stair exit, that’s why he takes the elevator shaft, but the camera in the server room is a lot more than the rest in the entire building.

Kyle knew that the server room is where the company keeps its important data like their client information, their company secret and much, much more.

To enter the floor is even more difficult; to enter you need a key card, enter in the password which is changed every week and then pass the biometric eye scanner.

The entire floor is the most secure level in the entire building. It is also the coolest floor in the building. Every worker who works there had to wear a sweater even in summer.

Using the cloak abilities to merge with the shadow, he moves within the shadow and enters the server room.

There is a couple of worker who is working in the server room right now, a man and a woman.

They’re both are very busy typing something very fast on their computer. They didn’t even look at their keyboard as they are typing.

Kyle is just watching them from within the shadow.

'One of them can tell me something.'

Kyle then goes to the male and hypnotizes him.

“Is this a supercomputer?”

“No, it isn’t.”

“Then where is it?”

“This company doesn’t have a supercomputer. This is only a server for all of our data.”

“I thought that all huge company has a supercomputer with them, then if you guys didn’t have them, who did?”

“The ones that have them are the military, the meteorologist organization and some of the technological and medical companies.”

“Then what is all of this?”

Kyle pointed at the server in the room.

“This is all servers for the company to keep our most sensitive data. It's a powerful computer but not a supercomputer.”

“I guess the whole supercomputer thing is put on hold for now. If the room of not even the supercomputer is this heavily guarded, then the one with it will be even more.”

Kyle sigh and then goes to the floor glass window and then he jumps through the shadow to outside and glides down toward the next building.

He then went straight back to the condo.

When he got to the condo, he is too tired as using his power to jump from building to building and then keep on using his soul power to control some of the cloak abilities, he is exhausted.

When he landed on the condo he went straight to bed and falls asleep.

His body needed a rest as he just pushes the body of a child to run and glide from rooftop to rooftop.

When he woke up the next morning, his body is sore all over.

Today is the third day where Edward, one of the body owner friends, supposes to call him and give him an answer about his choice.

He is given a choice of either work for him or takes ten million dollars and they never knew each other.

Today he plans to wait for the call and that’s that.

He wakes up and the first thing he did is to eat the snack that he bought yesterday.

One of the things that he hated is wasting food. He knew how precious food is as he once knew what starving means.

Even though the food is a lot, it only takes him ten minutes to finish all of them. It is unknown whether he even chews the food or not.

And then he waits as he watches the TV and searching the internet.

It is until the afternoon that his phone started to ring, its Edward.

“I thought you won’t call at all.”

“Sorry, I’ve been thinking about it in the past few days.”

“Your decision is…?”

“Can we talk privately, face to face?”

Kyle then looks at the clock and it is noon, it is time for lunch.

“Where?”

“Here, at the same place where we meat last time. The place where you come to find us… and can you bring some food as well?”

“I’ll be there in a while.”

 

7