CHAPTER 24 I WANT STRENGTH
240 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 24 I WANT STRENGTH

 

“One last question, did he teach you any kind of magic? You said that he is a god in his world, he must know a lot of magic right.”

Anna is excited when she thinking about this subject.

“I did ask him to teach me some kind of magic, real magic, not the illusion bullshit one. But it wasn’t that he won’t, it because he can’t.”

“Why, isn’t it easier if you learn magic, you can help him when you are going all over the place?”

“It is exactly because we are going all over the place. You see, he said that this world of ours doesn’t have any trace of magic power in it. He said that it is impossible for a world without any type of natural energy like magic to exist. So each time we go out, he is trying to find out whether or not this world doesn’t have any magic from the beginning or it is somehow disappeared as time passes.”

“So he can’t teach you because our world doesn’t have any magic?”

“Yes, but he said that can be solved easily after his soul is completely fused with Xiao-Jun's body. You see, he said that after his soul completely fuses he can access his magic power again, after that he can teach me using his power. And don’t worry, I ask him to teach you as well and he said sure.”

Edward is very enthusiastic about the possibilities of learning real magic. Whenever he thinks that he might be able to make a fireball with his hand or controlling the wind at his will, it makes him shudder with excitement.

Anna is smiling as she looks at his eager face. Edward usually worried about everyone; it’s been a long time since she sees those smiles and bright eyes.

Edward spends a week in Hong Kong and then he returns to Shenyang.

When he returns Kyle informs him that he is planning to strengthen his body and he needs Edward to do the same.

He said that Lucy's effort in finding the resources that he needs through the internet is not looking good as even now she still didn’t manage to find even a single one of it.

So Kyle plans to establish an organization that is dealing with rare material and information. They will be the one that will find his resources while Edward will be the one who supervises them.

It will be an illegal organization that will deal with any kind of information that might be related to either the resources that Kyle needed or any item related to magic or the occult.

At first, he isn’t interested in this world so-called spell from the witches or wizards as many of them are born from imagination or fantasy.

But then he thought that since some myth can be true then it might be possible that magic spell and curses of this world might be real.

So he is planning to collect the item of the so-called cursed item and inspect them himself.

To do that he needs the original item. If there is a magic spell, it won’t be just written on a book for everyone to see, a witch or wizard spell is their greatest secret, and even if they did write it down it won’t be as simple as opening a book and read it.

To cast a spell is a process; it will need more than just reading the incantation.

It needs power, knowledge, and most importantly control. If you miss even one of these things the spell could backfire and injured or even kill you.

The problem is that most of this artifact is being guarded by either the government in a museum or some private collector hand.

So he plans to start the organization and then put a bounty on every single one of this item.

With his body is still weak, why not let’s other people do the work for you. He can also spread his organization name to all known people in the business; this will allow it to grow.

So for Edward to control such an organization, he needed strength and more importantly, he needs to learn how to be subtle and cruel in handling this kind of organization.

Before he starts his training Kyle gives him the choice of whether he wants a different type of work so he didn’t have to do all of this but Edward accepts it.

Edward knew long ago that the world is not a kind place for everyone. What happens to Xiao-Jun is not the first, there is much time that people come and kidnap the children that he ran with, but he always manages to get them back, except for Xiao-Jun of course.

That is why he is so sad when he learned that Xiao Jun had already died, he can’t save him. He is his first failure and it will be his last.

He saw how Kyle handle people like the kidnapper in their trip going all over the place and he wanted to have that kind of strength, a strength that can make a difference, even if it means through violence.

Whenever he sees him taking care of those people, the inside of him always said…

‘I want that kind of strength.’

They both spend about three-month training to strengthen their bodies. Edward didn’t even come back to Hong Kong during that time but he always keeps in contact with everyone, especially Anna.

With Kyle's potion both of them advance in their training very quickly, what takes a normal person many months to do is shorten to just three. They both are very muscular.

Every single one of their muscles is showing whenever they move.

For Edward, he likes to flex his muscles and take a picture of himself and send them to Anna.

Today Kyle is going to do something very different.

“Today we will not be training. You’re free for the whole day.”

“What are you going to do?”

“I’m going to quenching my body. I cannot move perfectly with all this muscle bulging out.”

“Wait, what? Are you going to quenching your body, what does that mean?

“The simplest way to explain it is that I’m going to compress all of my muscle and bone.”

“How do you come up with these quenching things?”

“Normally when you are training a muscle is only going to expand and you need to keep on the workout to keep it that way, but on my world having huge muscle will not help you run faster and having little strength will make you too weak. So the people of my world start to find a way that they can have both things without losing even one.”

“By compressing their muscles and bones?”

“Yes. When you are training your muscle, it is like an expanding fiber, by compress it, it’s like you wind up the fiber to make it stronger and also make it move more flexible. You still have your strength and you can move agilely.”

“Can I do it too?”

“I don’t think you should. The process is very painful, I have done it more than a hundred times so I’m used to it but you, the pain alone might kill you.”

3