CHAPTER 25 BODY QUENCHING
233 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 25 BODY QUENCHING

 

Edward is insisting on doing the body quenching as well. Even though he likes to flex his muscles, even he notices that he had some kind of problem with his movement.

“By compressing your muscle it wills also training your bone. As you wind up your muscle your bone will break under the pressure of the compressing process. Then through a special potion, it will heal and reconstruct itself again to be stronger. That is where the pain comes from, it will truly be unbearable.”

“I can take it.”

“Suit yourself. But just so you know, once the process starts, it cannot be stopped. If you are not strong enough you will die from the shock.”

“I can do it.”

“I will do it on myself first and you will observe the process. After I’m finished we will do yours next.”

Edward nods his head and went to the side as Kyle takes a vial with a red color liquid with him.

He then sits cross-legged on the training floor and drinks the liquid.

Kyle sits quietly not moving even a muscle. A couple of minutes later his skin seems to move slightly and a couple of minutes more Edward can see all of Kyle's muscle is moving like a snake.

They seem to coil around him, trying to choke him.

Kak. Kak.

Then Edward starts to hear a sound that makes his skin crawl and his entire body shudder. The sound comes from Kyle, as he observer more he can see some of Kyle's bone is dislocated for a moment and then it fixes itself again.

He also knows that Kyle bone is being crushed and then heals, again and again, the process repeats itself countless times all over his body.

Each time he hears it his eye twitch and after tens minute he can’t even look at it directly.

Then a thought comes to his mind.

‘If I can’t even look at it, then I can’t even endure the pain. I must be strong, this is my first hurdle.’

Edward forced himself to look and hear whatever sound that is coming from Kyle.

He already pukes a couple of times during that time and he also feels likes his ear going bleed the whole time, but he always looks at Kyle again.

When Kyle is finishing, Edward is scared because the whole things take more than 30 minutes. During the whole time, Kyle didn’t even let out a single sound, not even a groan. His face didn’t even change.

Kyle's entire skin looks like it cracks; he is a bit scary to look at.

Edward is not sure whether he didn’t feel any pain at all or just like he said he is used to it. If he is used to it, Edward cannot even imagine how many times he had to this to get used to it.

But he cannot deny the result; Kyle's body is no longer had any bulging muscle likes before. His body is very well balanced. Every single muscle fiber of his body is perfectly line up with his body without any muscle bulging out.

He is also a bit taller than before. It is not much but he can still notice it.

When he is finished Kyle didn’t just stand up straight away, he continues to sit still. After a minute or so his body starts to sweat, and not just a normal sweat, it is down-pouring from his entire body.

At first, the sweat color is yellow, then brown, and lastly black as ink.

His cracks skin also starts to peel off with the sweat.

The sweat starting to pool on the floor and the whole room smell like someone just throw garbage in the room.

But even then Edward didn’t take his eye off Kyle. Kyle's face is still calm when this all happen making Edward believe that this is also part of the quenching process.

About 10 minutes later Kyle stops sweating and he opens his eyes.

He can see his pool of sweat and Edward with a bucket at the side.

“Maybe I shouldn’t do it here.”

That is the first thing that went on his mind, the mess it makes.

Edward knows what Kyle means when he said it and he can’t believe it.

“That what’s in your mind? Don’t you want to scream from the pain or jump around to walk the pain off?”

“No, why would I do that? I told you I’m used to that kind of pain. Even the first time I had it I didn’t scream, I just roll around the floor. To me, if I scream I lose, and I don’t want to lose. I think the phrase of this world is mind over matter. ”

When Kyle is answering Edward's question he just smiles as he reminiscence about his past. It’s like the pain is just a joke.

Kyle then went straight to shower as some home appliance come flying to the training room and clean everything, even Edward puke bucket.

As for Edward, he is now contemplating the decision that he is about to make, to do the body quenching or not.

Kyle may treat it as a joke but he knew that the pain will be as Kyle said, unbearable.

Then he thought of something and ran to the bathroom while Kyle is taking his shower.

“Kyle, you said that the first time you had to go through the quenching you didn’t scream but just roll on the floor, why didn’t you scream, and what do you think you will lose?”

“Everything… Like you, Edward, I didn’t have any family at a young age. They were taken from me in front of my eyes and vow I to live this life for them instead of myself. Then I met my second family, it is exactly like yours, but the ending is still the same.

“It was at that time that I wanted strength so badly that I didn’t care for the price. When I finally had my first chance at it, the pain is beyond anything I could ever think, but when I was about to scream in pain, I remember all of the people I lose. Can this pain be compared when I lose them? And the answer is no. I feel that if I let out a sound they all will be disappointed at me. That is why I didn’t scream.”

Kyle calmly answers the question as he continues taking a shower.

As Edward hears the answer he feels small.

Can’t he bear the pain not only for himself but for the other, for Anna?

He stands quietly outside the bathroom. He already made his decision.

 

4