CHAPTER 30 STUDIES
203 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 30 STUDIES

Back at Shenyang.

Kyle stated at the bounty board that the house will not be taken any bounty for now until further notice as he needs time for his own thing.

The reason he is back at Shenyang is to continue with his physical training.

It had been two weeks after they got back and it’s already the third time that Kyle undergoes the quenching process since he got back from Hong Kong, making this the fourth quenching process.

Each quenching process is harder and twice more painful than the last one. Kyle did it without even a frown on his face much less a voice, he still calm throughout the whole process.

He didn’t recommend Edward to do a second or more quenching until he completely attunes his body with his current strength, not that Edward wants to go through a second one.

As for Edward, he has been doing normal stuff and combat training to make sure he has complete control over his own strength.

There’s a time he loses just a little bit of control over his strength when he is practicing with one the gang member that Kyle capture and breaks that person bone completely.

The event scared him so much so that afterward he is afraid to touch anyone especially Anna and the children.

He is afraid of his own strength, which is a first for him. He didn’t like that feeling. A strength he cannot control is not the kind of strength he wants.

Kyle said that he needs to get used to his strength faster and always and constantly train his body and push it to the limit.

He needs to have minute control over every function of his body and not just his strength. He also needs to have far better control over his sense.

The training for his senses is done by making him train in a cold and freezing environment. This will make him have better senses of his body.

After that, he always trains whenever he had free time. From the moment he woke up to when he’s about to fall asleep. He never stops training.

After the quenching process is finished Kyle starts to order books after books online.

At first, Lucy and Edward thought that he is going back to his research on the myth and legend of the ancient world, picking up where he left off before.

But when the book that he orders comes, they both notice that all of the books is a study book about the modern world.

The book is about automotive, biology, chemical, physic, electronics, and much more. There are more than hundreds of books in total at the end of the day and they still didn’t know whether this is all of them.

“Kyle, why are there so many books about this kind of subject? I thought that you only researching about legend and myth.”

Edward cannot hold his curiosity anymore and ask about the book.

“I’m interested in this world advancement.”

“Why?”

“Because this world advance without magic and mines are. There is a bit different in our world development and I intend to research it to see whether can we put the two together.”

“Why, what will that do?”

“Then I can have a better understanding of this world. Two worlds with a completely different advance civilization, don’t tell me you are not intrigued?”

“Can’t say I’m not, but still, that is a lot of books to read alone. Why didn’t you just go to the library or learn it online?”

“Because I like books and you will be reading them too. Your soul is being nourished every day by me personally. You are wasting your soul and brain if you didn’t fill it with knowledge.”

“I thought you have already forgotten about that.”

Edward notices that he is learning quicker than most people, even from Anna who is one of the smartest people he ever knew.

But he is not someone who likes to read a book and learning all days. He likes to do something instead of learning something. He wants to focus on his training more than his knowledge

When they are in Hong Kong Edward always learns whenever Anna is with him but when they come back to Shenyang, Edward stops learning anything completely.

Instead, he focuses on his training more. As Kyle becomes more focused on his training and the quenching process, he thought that Kyle will forget about the whole he needs to learning things.

But from the looks of it, he is wrong.

“Well… might as well I guess.” Edward sighs in defeat.

They put all the books in one of the empty rooms they have and start reading them.

Edward's schedule is adjusted to make sure that at night he will stop all training and spend the rest of it reading.

As compensation Kyle will be his partner when he is training.

Edward can only read one book at a time but Kyle is more amazing.

He is sitting cross-legged with his eye close like he is in meditation while floating in the air with more than five books surrounding him.

He is reading using his soul as that is much faster than using his eye.

It’s already been three days and Edward only has read four books and Kyle already read twenty-one books.

He actually can read a lot faster than he already is but he set himself to read no more than seven books per day.

Each book he read will be revised again and again. Any notable remark he can find he will make a mental note of it.

Not a single mark is left on any of the books. Not a pen or a highlighter mark is left in it.

Edward notices this is one of Kyle's habits. He didn’t like to dirty a book, not even a magazine or comic book.

Well, at least this kind of book.

It’s already been two weeks since he brought the books and Kyle almost finish reading all of them.

Edward cannot follow Kyle's ways of reading so he still has a lot more to books read but as Kyle is almost out of reading material so he makes another purchase of books.

The number is also in the hundred.

Edward is almost crying when he finds out about it.

But at least he can rejoice about his training as he is making huge progress rather when he is training on his own.

Before this Kyle is to focus on his quenching process that he didn’t have time to train Edward, he only gives him a general line on how to goes on with his training.

He tells him to use ice to hone his senses and he gives him a set of a training regimen that he must follow.

He just follows the training but since he is doing it alone he didn’t know whether it is correct or not.

That really slows down the training process and when Kyle starts to train him again, the training becomes a lot faster.

Every mistake he made in the past is corrected and the rest of the training is pointed correctly.

He is progressing by leaps and bound.

5