CHAPTER 36 THE QUENCHING BEGIN
162 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 36 THE QUENCHING BEGIN

 

That night the children all sleep together in the living room while Edward, Anna, and Kyle each take a room.

In the middle of the night Edward, Anna and Kyle all gather in Anna's room.

Kyle tells both of them what Anna is about to face.

“As I have said before, I can make the success rate increase up to 90% but there is something that you need to know. As I said before that your body is a bit weaker than that of a man, so it increases the chance of your body being destroyed in the quenching process.”

“Even though I can increase the success rate but it will not take the pain away. In the quenching process, you will feel more than twice the pain that Edward had to face during his quenching process. The pain that you are about to face is the pain that supposes to kill you and believe me you will either beg to be killed or you will die from the shock.”

“Because your body is weaker, the process will be even more aggressive than the one that Edward had faces. So, once again, I ask one last time, are sure you want to go through with this?”

Edward is frightened when he hears that Anna is going to feel twice the pain that he felt during his quenching process. He still has a nightmare about that moment and the thought that Anna is supposed to bear twice as much pain, it almost gives him a heart attack.

As for Anna, even though she didn’t know how painful Edward's quenching process is she knew he still had a nightmare about it. He is always saying something in his sleep that he didn’t want the quenching process again. He usually wakes up in the middle of the night while sweating all over.

She could only imagine the pain he had to go through to still have a nightmare about it now. Even the nightmare he had when he first kills somebody only lasted for a week.

After hearing what Kyle said about her quenching process even she herself started to have a second thought.

She would be lying if she said she is not scared after hearing what Kyle just said.

Edward wants to talk to Anna out of it.

“Anna you didn’t have to do this, the pain I had to go through is something beyond word. I even beg Kyle to kill me because the pain is too unbearable. To face twice that, I couldn’t even imagine it.”

“I… I…”

Anna starts to doubt her decision. Her mind is in a mess.

“I need a minute alone.”

She ends up sweating and decides to take a breather. Kyle left the room but Edward didn’t, he just waits in silence.

After five minutes of silence Edward finally said something.

“Anna, please don’t do it. Please.”

He begs her.

Anna takes a deep breath and exhale.

“Edward, do you remember the day that Xiao-Jun went missing? Your search for him for days without stopping. You didn’t sleep for three days and you only stop because you pass out from exhaustion.”

“When you wake up, you cried to me saying that it’s your fault that this happens. You said you can’t protect him because you are too weak because you are not strong enough. You look like you are ready to die. I never want to see you like that, not again.”

Anna speaks with Edward softly. She holds his hand as she said it.

She looks deeply into his eye with a gaze full of love and caring.

“Anna…”

Edward didn’t know what to say.

“I will do it. When I beg to be killed, please stop me. I’m not ready to leave this world, not yet.”

Anna might be jokingly said that but she is afraid when she thinks about it.

Edward decides to support Anna's decision and toughen himself for what about to come.

They both went to see Kyle in the next room and tell him their decision.

“Then get ready and change into a cloth that you not going to use again.”

“Why?”

“You’ll understand later.”

Anna didn’t understand at first what he meant but still change her cloth.

She then knew from Edward that some sticky substance is going to come out of her body.

She wears a sports bra and a tank top and legging pants.

They all go to the bathroom bathtub in Anna's room. Kyle said that he didn’t want to clean up the mess afterward.

Kyle also put two magic soul spell formations for the entire bathroom. One is a lockdown space spell, where without his permission nobody can leave or enter the space he had laid the formation on, the other one is the vibration barrier so that no sound or smell can travel out of the bathroom.

Kyle takes out two liquid with him, one of them is the quenching liquid and the other is the healing potion.

Anna drinks the quenching liquid first and then the healing potion.

Kyle then guides the quenching liquid as he did with Edward.

All this time Edward keeps on holding her hand tightly.

When Kyle finishes with the guidance he told Edward to let go of his hand, it will just add an extra pain on her after this.

Anna closes her eyes, takes a deep breath and concentrates.

“What’s the difference between our quenching process and the one she is about the go through?”

“The quenching process that we go through breaks and reconstruct our body at the same time, as for her, the reconstruct part will not be able to keep up with the breaking process. The potion is going to help the reconstruct part to heal faster like the breaking process.”

“Then why will she feel more pain that I did?”

“The breaking process is not helping the body in any way, only the reconstruct process is. The breaking process will only break, break and break everything in the human body so it can be reconstructed.”

“Since she had a more brittle and weaker bone and muscle structure, the breaking process will be more aggressive and painful.”

The moment Kyle finish explaining, Anna's quenching process began.

Her body starts to shake and sweat started to come out of her entire body.

Veins start to arise in her entire body.

She holds the side of the bathtub tightly. From her face, you can see that she is in a lot of pain as her teeth start to chatter.

Edward who had his eye on her knew that the real process is only just about to begin.

4