CHAPTER 44 THE ALTAR
130 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 44 THE ALTAR

 

When Kyle went to the middle of the desert he didn’t find anything that is out of the ordinary, even when he scans into the desert.

There is no hidden structure or even soul energy signature that he felt in the area.

He even stays at the place for two days and found no result, so he decides to investigate the other area that he also felt the energy signature.

The place where he felt the soul energy signature is all over the place, he suspected that all of the places had significant importance to the soul. 

Maybe he can find the identity if the soul if he goes to the place it had gone to.

Most of the place where he goes too had some kind of ancient ruin in it but there is nothing that is strange to him.

The last place he goes to is the first place that he felt the energy signature is a small village of some tribe now.

When he sees the village he already makes both him and the camel invisible.

He knows that most of the tribes in the Middle East are hostile against other tribes or foreigners.

Almost every tribe is armed to fight if they feel threatened.

When Kyle gets inside the village he scans the entire place and found out that the tribe is armed to fight a small army.

There are all kinds of firearms, mounted vehicles, and tons and tons of ammunition.

As Kyle walk around the village he found out that the village is built on top of some kind ancient ruin.

It had a wide base and some of the pillars manage to survive the test of time as well.

He left his camel among the other camel as he leaves a soul mark at it.

Kyle went around the village to investigate the ancient ruin and he found a very faint trace of the soul residual energy on it.

He found something that looks like some kind of altar of a big block of stone that is buried deep inside the sand near the village.

There is an energy signature resembles the one he felt before.

After putting a barrier around the place so that others can't see what he is doing, Kyle starts to dig.

He shapes a portion of his soul to the simplest shape of a gigantic scoop and starts to dig for the altar.

It only takes him a minute to dig the altar out of the sand.

The altar is around three feet wide and two feet high. The entire altar is filled with all kinds of hieroglyphs on it.

Before coming to the Middle East he already learns all of the documented hieroglyphs that have ever been recorded, but he never saw the ones that are on the altar.

As he scans it with soul, he can feel some of the trace of the soul energy that he felt.

Up-close he can feel the soul power is very thick and strong. If a normal person of were to get near it their soul will be scattered as the power of soul in the altar will destroy their soul before they can even get close to it.

Kyle can already predict that this would happen so the barrier that he put before also works as a contamination chamber for the altar.

He then lifts the altar with telekinesis and brought it away from the village. He takes his camel with him and rides it to one of the places he had visited before as he checks for the energy signature.

It is located at the edge of the desert, a chasm. There are no traces of civilization in the entire area.

He put the altar down and begins his full inspection on it. He focuses solely on the place where the soul energy felt the thickest.

In it, there was a hole, some kind of leak that let the soul energy to leak outside.

Kyle turns his soul energy into countless small threads and starts to probe the inside of the hole.

“Hehe… finally, I found one, a pocket dimension.” Kyle said with a smile on his face.

The hole wasn’t just a hole; it’s a keyhole.

The altar is a medium to hold the entire pocket dimension and to enter you need a key.

But from the looks of its time, extreme weather, and sand had managed to damage the keyhole a bit.

The soul energy that he felt might be a soul of a creature that had live inside the pocket dimension and manage to escape from it.

Kyle can inspect how the locking mechanism works and from the look of it, he can unlock it without even using its original key.

But before he opens it he takes the camel to the closet town he can find and pays one of the camel herders to take care of his camel.

He left the altar in the chasm and buried it to conceal it.

He pays enough money for the man to take care of it for five-month.

Then he restocks his supplies and went back to the place where the altar is. Now he is ready to get inside.

To open the altar you need a key that gives off a similar energy signature as the one inside the altar and the key is the only physical thing in the world that gives off that kind of energy.

But Kyle can copy that energy signature and form a duplicate key.

He moves the altar deep inside the chasm wall and then carves a cave to the side to hide the altar when he gets in.

After he seals the cave, he makes a key and opens the altar.

The moment the key is turned and the click is sound, there was a humming sound, some kind of light coming from the keyhole and then Kyle is sucked into the keyhole to the altar.

Afterward, the cave is dark and silent.

……

Kyle is in a very dark place. He can’t see anything in the pocket dimension other than himself.

“What now…” Kyle said as he looks around. His scan didn’t pick anything up, so he is completely blind right now.

Seconds later the ground starts to shake and the wall rises from the ground. Kyle can’t see the end of the height of the walls as it looks like it is stretching to the sky.

The wall is smooth and clean. It looks like it is made from a single piece of stone.

Kyle is boxed on the back and the side and can only walk forward and so he did.

 

 

 

 

4