CHAPTER 53 RISING ATTENTIONS
180 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 53 RISING ATTENTIONS

 

One week before Kyle come back to Hong Kong…

“We are about to finish with the first batch, another day or two and we will be done.” Anna is discussing how their plan of cleaning up the organization is going while eating with Edward.

“After that, we need to slow down a bit to make sure that the people we replace can get used to the job right?” Edward is conforming to what the next plan is.

“Yeah, and I need you to be careful next time. I think some people start to notice what we are doing.” Anna had been watching the movement from inside and outside of the UNKNOWN organization.

She notices that some people are searching for the people that they had taken out.

The people are both from the UNKNOWN higher up and law enforcement.

Both of the group is looking for their missing informant and they notice that more and more of them are disappearing each day.

This makes all of them very nervous as they didn’t know whether this had any relation with the leader of UNKNOWN or someone who is hunting them.

If it’s from UKNOWN then body count will start to pile after this and if it from someone else, then Hong Kong underworld might go war.

And they didn’t know which one is better.

For the higher up of UNKNOWN, they decide to lay low, but for law enforcement, they decide to use this as an opportunity.

After the killing of Hong Kong and Indonesia, the UNKNOWN organization becomes one of the most wanted organizations in the world.

Any information about its true member is pay in the hundred of thousand and information that lead to an arrest or killing of its member will be in the millions.

The so call higher up of the organization is useless as they are only foot soldiers to control the rest of the low-level thug.

They didn’t know anything about the true member of the organization. They didn’t know their face, name or even true voices.

Each time they hear the boss talk it just sounds like static.

…..

For the next few days, Edward follows Anna's advice to be more careful with his movement.

He uses the counter-espionage tactic that Kyle teaches him to be more careful.

He also notices some people are also following his target, but they never did anything to them.

They look like they are waiting for something to happen.

He knows then that they were waiting for him.

He aborts his mission for that day and returns.

…..

“I notice people are watching and following our target. I think they are aiming for me. Should we put the plan on hold and wait for the whole thing to die down?” Edward is discussing with Anna about what to do next.

If he captures the whole organization could collapse. They will make the connection to Kyle, Anna, everyone.

If they are captured they will be a prisoner and if they run they will be fugitive. Edward won’t allow Anna and the children to live like that.

“If we stop now and Kyle comes back, he will think that we only know how to do an easy job and when it gets tough just give it to him. He will think we’re useless.” Anna wants to prove to Kyle so badly that they are not just some useless burden that he needs to carry with him.

They are not useless; they can help him carry whatever burden that he is carrying.

“We can’t stop, not now.” Anna is determined to go with the plan.

“But…” Edward still thinks that they need to take a step back.

There is just too much heat on their activities now. He thinks that the risk is too high.

“Please Edward, just one more and it will be the last.” Anna holds Edward's hand and looks him in the eyes as she pleads him.

Edward becomes silent for a couple of tens of seconds as he contemplating it.

“Hmm… one, just one last time and then we lay low. Promise me.” Edward makes his decision but also determine to stop afterward.

“I promise this will be the last one. Thank you, Edward.” Anna spoke with a low tone as she knows what she asks of him.

There is something that Edward wants to say to Anna but he put it on hold as he looks at her eye.

It was something that Kyle always tells him ‘knowing when to take a step back is one of the most important things you need to learn.’

Kyle said that when you are in a high-risk situation will you know what he meant.

Before this Edward never been is that kind of situation but now that he is here did he know how heavy of a burden it was.

If he is captured or kills everything could crumble.

But he decides to go with the plan because he didn’t want to disappoint Anna.

“We cannot use the same tactic this time, we need a different approach.” Edward might agree with her but he is changing the plan a bit.

“Yes. Before this each time you kill you also need to take care of the body, why don’t we just left the body and you make a run for it afterward.” Anna plans to make the plan simpler.

Instead of making a more complicated plan that had so many moving components, well like they said simple is better.

“What do you have in mind?” Edward also agrees that making a simple plan might be better.

“Sniper. Kill him from afar and get out.” Anna gives out her plan.

“For that, I need a high place where I can see the target, a building. Anna if I’m boxed in then I can only kill my way out. That is way too dangerous.” Edward didn’t like the plan very much.

“This will be the fastest way to kill. The moment you take the shot they first need to find which building, which will give you some time, you can blend in with the people in the building and just make your way out.” Anna makes the plan sound so simple but she didn’t know how high the tension was when the plan is carried.

“Fine, we do your way.”Edward decides to just go with Anna plan and improvise it along the way.

3