CHAPTER 54 TRAPPED
74 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 54 TRAPPED

 

The last mission, a day before Kyle comes back…

After choosing a new target and a new place for the hit to take place, Anna and Edward manage to form a rough plan within a day.

The target is different than the one they had set before.

That means that it was a completely unknown whether this person is being watched or not.

They had to assume that was the case, so they had to be on an alert on the rest of the way.

…..

Somewhere outside Hong Kong city…

“Target is on sight. I can see some people are watching him. I count five but there could be more.” Edward is sitting in a room of a four stories building. He is in a live conversation with Anna so that he can inform her of any kind of change he needs to make.

He didn’t bring his rifle out but he uses its scope to confirm the target.

He can see some people are keeping an eye on his target but he cannot confirm how many they are.

Seeing that his target is coming close to the distance of 500 meters from he was, Edward starts to assemble his rifle and take aim at the target.

He equips his sniper rifle with a silencer to give him enough time to run as the watcher is looking for his location.

He takes a deep breath to slow down his heart and steady his hand.

Kyle might come from a world where firearm is absolute but it takes him just days to be able to use it perfectly.

But he still hates using a gun, to him, it’s not personal. His power is an extension of himself so when he kills people with it he can feel it better than using his own hand.

He had been teaching Edward on how to use any and every kind of firearm that is available.

He had already known how to perfectly use all kinds of a pistol, shotgun, automatic weapon, riffle, many kinds of explosives, and even an RPG like a professional.

Because of the quenching process that Edward had been through, he can handle most of the recoil through force.

There is no recoil when he uses a gun and shotgun, for the other weapon there is still a kick of recoil at him but it’s still a lot lesser than it normally does.

Edward waits for the target to get to the distance of 700 meters and above as that will make a wider range for the watcher to search.

He did have a thought to let the target get further but this is a city, if the target is too far he could miss and hit an innocent people who are not involved in this.

He takes a deep breath again and steadies the rifle with his finger on the trigger.

When the target had a split second time where he is isolated from everyone else…

Bang.

Part of the target head explodes as the bullet passed through it.

“ARRRRR…”

One of the people who are closes to the target takes a couple of seconds to screams and run as the body and blood fall to the ground.

As the masses notice what happen, panic strike and everyone run as fast as possible to hide or just to get away from there.

The shot didn’t hit anyone else and a second shot didn’t happen as Edward is already disassembled the sniper rifle after the first shot.

Edward is wearing a hoodie with a baseball cap and a mouth cover.

He had all of the sniper rifle parts inside a backpack that he carries.

Edward then blends in very well with the surroundings as many young people dress exactly like him.

As he making his way down using the stair, on the second floor, he can hear multiple footsteps coming toward him.

“How the hell did they find me so fast?” Edward surprised as he knew that his position is already being discovered and people are already inside the building.

What Edward and Anna did not take account of when they make this plan is who their enemy was.

The people that they are ups against is the best intelligent agent from all over the world.

As the UNKNOWN name becomes more widespread, every single intelligent agency in the world wants to know who actually runs the organization.

In this operation, it wasn’t just the Chinese intelligence that is involved but even the American, Israeli, Russian, both North and South Korean, and many more.

There is more than a hundred agent is on the field to find whatever information they can on them.

They didn’t even care if they had to use live bait to lure out the real higher up of the organization.

When the bullet hit the target all of the agents that had to keep a lookout only take second to minimize the search radius.

They are all experienced agents, they are trained to observe and assess any situation that comes to them.

Even though the hit happens in a split second, all of them know that the bullet hit the back of the head.

They didn’t hear a gunshot that meant that the target was shot with a sniper rifle with a silencer.

Since it was a sniper that just meant that the sniper must be in a tall building where they can see the target.

This operation is a joint operation between nations to find out any possible information about the organization.

To narrow down the search all other agents move their men to the nearest tall building to do the search and the Chinese law enforcement controls the whole building to make sure that no one can get in or out without being thoroughly searched.

Each building had at least five people searching inside and two or three people to guard the exit.

The building Edward was in is an apartment building.

When he hears the footstep he thought of just playing it cool and just walks normally as there are other people in the stair as well.

And just like he thought, they went past him and went straight for the fourth floors or the roof as fast as they can.

He reaches the ground floor and he can see that the entrance and the exit are all guarded by policemen and he can hear from the stair that the people that went past him are now searching from door to door.

They are very thorough with their search, every single place that they can search they search for it.

They flip the bed, ransack the wardrobe, and search every bag and everything else.

If the people are not compliance they will be held at gunpoint until the search is finished.

It will only be a matter of time before Edward gets caught.

Even if he dumped the gun they will still hold everyone in the building, including him, until they finish with a more thorough search of their background.

He had to get out of the building without being notice or he had to force his way out, which will attract a lot of unnecessary attention.

He is trapped.

4