Chapter 1 – Kiss of Death
481 12 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The night was cold and desolate, wind howling, echoing, throughout the night. My stay within the manor which had been a privilege of the few wealthy became a burden. Years before when I had still been a child my family and I all occupied this space together happily. We were of high nobility and took advantage of the easily fool hearty peasants below. As time passed though the lifestyle of deceit and trickery wained on everyone unbeknownst to me. 

And so, before my twentieth birth day, all of my family had passed due to their anxieties around their thievery, or so I thought. The causes of their death had been mysterious ones at that, blood drained entirely from their bodies. It was a gory sight I had become all too adjusted to seeing over the years as we were picked off one by one. 

These notions of death drawled on late into the night as I lay in the lonely house in bed. It was only until a startling knock resounded on the door that I jump up in anticipation. That knocking, it was something I coincidentally almost always heard before the day after, to which a family member would die. Knowing what may await on the other side, curiosity had gotten the better of me, and so I wondered forth. 

Opening the door revealed what had been the largest surprise of all. There stood a women of tall stature, gorgeous flowing black hair, crimson eyes, and skin white as snow. Walking in as if she owned the estate I couldn’t bring myself to stop her she was hypnotizing. Suddenly, her elegant stroll within the estate turned back to my direction, where she faced me. 

“Ah, I see, so I suppose you’re the last one of your line.” 

Having no words my mouth opened and closed as a fish would, in udder shock. 

Mm, as beautiful as you are my dear I hate to inform you that you’re next. Well unless you can meet a certain list of conditions.” Her silky voice lead on in a utmost convincing manner.

“J-just what are you? And what so you want from this place, from me?” 

 “Well you see I’m a vampire, for quite a while now you’re family has had quite the curse. I manifested on the basis of hate those village people which has gathered for generations. But you see, if you were to redistribute that wealth all things will continue as peaceful as ever.” 

“And what if I don’t?” 

Grabbing my face with her soft, chilly grip, I was forced to meet her stunning eyes once more. A smile, which most mortal man would quiver at, brought up feelings making me blush in the face. 

“If you don’t, I’ll have to kill you like the rest” 

“I, understand, if I agree to this though, what will happen to you? Will you, disappear?” 

 “My purpose will have been fulfilled miss, so yes, I’ll have to come back to where I came from?”  

“Miss Vampire, do you have a name by chance?” 

 “My name is Veronica, what is yours little hummingbird?” 

 “Lily, and, I don’t need all this fortune, this wealth makes my life, empty, I am craving um, something else though.” 

“And what would that be, out of curiosity?” 

 “I crave love, but, I hadn’t found something, someone to love, until now?” 

Veronica looked at me ever so peculiarly, likely understanding the implications of what was being said. That look though soon evolved into something much more mischievous. 

 “Are you really so foolish as to give your fortune up for one single night of companionship?” 

“I’m not as foolish as my forebearers as to be consumed by greed. And, gods, I do hope that I can have more than one night of companionship.” 

“Well I suppose we can take it one step at a time, little hummingbird.”

Just like that as soon as the words escaped her mouth she had whisked me away to the bedroom. Kisses planted in a flurry with assertiveness but a definite care. Kisses turned to touching, and touching lead to even more intimacy before the night unwound. 

By the time morning had come, Veronica had vanished as quickly as she appeared. Crestfallen, likely knowing this would be our last encounter, I still fulfilled my half of our bargain. Packing up the few of my things I then threw the rather heavy suitcase over my shoulder to leave. But on the other side of old oak door remained a letter pinned to the wall. In the utmost gorgeous cursive, it read, 

“Apologies for the abrupt exit little hummingbird but I will be back in a weeks time. Regrettably it won’t be sooner, but by then perhaps we will have a real date.” 

A smile bloomed over my face upon this notice, and I cheerfully walked forward. Excitement filled me for when Veronica  next unexpected encounter would be. 

16