Prologue II – Trash Potential and Trash Blessing
79 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Moonsong Country, Vale Kingdom, Year 435

 

Today was the day when every kid at the age of ten would be tested for their potential and talent in cultivation as well as their blessings from the gods and goddesses. Lin Tian was the third son of the seventh elder of the Lin Family. He had just reached ten and was on his way to the testing area.

 

Lin Tian wasn’t worried since he knew that he would be blessed with high talent. This was due to the fact that his brothers and sisters were all cultivation talents with at least tier 5 blessings. However, his parents still stressed over it and couldn’t help but pace back and forth with worry.

 

When Lin Tian’s turn came, the young child swaggered up the stage with overwhelming confidence and placed his hands on the detecting crystal. As Lin Tian’s parents crossed their fingers with hope, the crystal began to vibrate and change color.

 

Now, a detecting crystal has ten colors, which indicated the level of potential a person has. The colors, from lowest potential to highest potential, were gray, brown, black, red, yellow, green, blue, purple, white, and gold.

 

For Lin Tian’s detecting crystal, it displayed a faint yellow color…lower medium potential – not good but also not bad. Of course, that was in the eyes of a normal family. However, in the eyes of the Lin Family, it was absolute trash. The shock of finding out that he was trash caused young Lin Tian to nearly have a heart attack.

 

The stress of doing well started to pressure young Lin Tian. Although his potential was trash, as long as his blessing was not, then all would be well. Lin Tian stepped towards the detecting block to pray for a good blessing.

 

As the young boy prayed, his mind wandered off to his trash potential. No….if his blessing was excellent, then everything would be alright. However, it did not go as he had expected as the exam proctor’s next words caused him to pale with disbelief.

 

“Blessing – Tier 1!” The exam proctor bellowed, causing a stir in the crowds below.

 

Tier 1 blessings were the worst kind. Those who have Tier 1 blessings would not do well in life – 99% guaranteed. Upon hearing these words, Lin Tian fainted.

 

Before anyone could notice, the young child had died from extreme stress and shock. What a cruel fate!

3