Chapter 1 – Elders’ Decision
68 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Little Tian? Are you awake?” A gentle voice asked as it followed a couple of light raps on the door.

 

I recognized that voice…or rather, this body recognized that voice. It was his…my mother. “Mother, I’m awake. What happened? Is the testing over?”

 

“Yes. You passed out after finding out about your talent and blessing. Are you alright?”

 

“Yes, I’m fine.”

 

“That’s good. Don’t worry about the results. It’s not everything. Come downstairs. You must be hungry. Dinner will be ready in five minutes.”

 

“Okay mother.”

 

I walked towards the door and listened for the fading sounds of my mother’s footsteps. Though my mother said that there wouldn’t be any worry, I knew that something would happen sooner or later. Based on my experiences with different xianxia novels, there’s always a family meeting of sorts to talk and deal with situations like mine. And I was right.

 

Three days after my talent results, the Lin Family elders decided to hold a meeting. After hours of arguing, they finally came to a conclusion. I could tell that something was up after seeing my father’s grim face when he came home the following day. When I asked him what had happened, his only answer was “only the gods could tell”.

 

Fuck! Is my fate gonna be decided by the gods again?

 

The next day, my immediate family and I were called to the Great Hall to attend a hearing from the other elders. When everyone had arrived, the first elder gave us the elders’ decision.

What was the decision of the Elders of the Lin Family?
  • Lin Tian and his immediate family are expelled from the Lin Family.
  • Lin Tian is the only one expelled from the Lin Family.
  • Lin Tian will lose all support from the Lin Family but will be allowed to stay.
  • Lin Tian will only get the minimum support from the Lin Family.
  • Lin Tian will continue to get the standard support that all young members of the Lin Family gets.
  • Lin Tian will get more than standard support in hopes of compensating for his trash talent.
Total voters: 4 · This poll was closed on Jul 21, 2019 08:02 PM.
3