Chapter 2 – First Skill
63 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“We have decided, after a long discussion yesterday, that you will be cut off from the Lin Family’s support. However, we are not monsters. We will not expel you or your immediate family out of the household.” The first elder deliberated after a short pause.

 

As expected! I sneered as I realized that this was becoming a common trope found in many Chinese novels. Do they really expect me to stay here where I will be constantly picked on day in and day out?

 

“Wipe that smirk off your face!” My father smacked the back of my head and brought me down to my knees. “Lin Tian, thank the first elder for his compassion!”

 

“T-Thank you first elder.” I stammered out as I rubbed the back of my head with dismay.

 

Was there really anything to be thankful about? My parents probably thought that they could protect and support me when I’m by their side. They think too little of me. I can take care of my own.

 

I looked at my hands and murmured. “With these two tiny hands, I’ll pave my own path. Wait, why are my hands so small?”

 

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh…. I remembered my current body was only ten years old. No wonder my parents were worried.

 

“Now for the next issue at hand.” The first elder continued without so much of a glance at my father and me.

 

Oh? There’s more? Don’t tell me I had a baby marriage with someone and now they wanted to cancel? That would have been too cliché! I looked around to see if I saw anyone unfamiliar.

 

And there was! Standing next to the third elder was a middle-aged man with a striking long beard and tiger-like features. By his side was a young girl at around my age with long brown hair tied back in a ponytail and sharp, hazel eyes. It took me a moment to realize that both father and daughter looked to be of western descent.

 

Maybe it was because I was staring too intently but my father must have saw my gaze because he raised his hand and slapped me on the back of my head once more. I looked up feeling wronged, but my father took it as a defiant look and slapped me again.

 

“Stop staring. That’s Kyle Strom and his daughter Julia. They’re here because of a baby engagement set up between the first elder and Mr. Strom’s father.” My father explained in a hushed voice.

 

“M-My engagement?” I uttered but was met with a disappointed look.

 

“Little Tian, the world doesn’t revolve around you.” Father replied somewhat harshly. “Julia is engaged to your third cousin – Lin Feng.”

 

Oh…so that’s why they were standing beside the third elder. I nodded with understanding. So, if Julia was not here for me, then what was this other issue the first elder was talking about?

 

“Lin Tian, this is and will be the only support you will receive from the Lin Family. After this, there will be no more. You will be on your own.” The first elder began as he waved his hand and pulled out a number of items and books from his storage ring. “From these basic skill books and low tier items, choose one book and one item.”

 

My first skill!

What skill book and item should Lin Tian get? Choose a skill, a color, and an item.
  • Movement Skill
  • Offensive Martial Skill
  • Offensive Magic Skill
  • Defensive Martial Skill
  • Defensive Magic Skill
  • Support Magic Skill
  • Support Skill
  • Qi Boost Potion
  • Melee Weapon
  • Ranged Weapon
  • Hidden Weapon
  • Gray
  • Black
  • Red
  • Yellow
  • Green
  • Blue
  • Purple
  • White
  • Gold
Total voters: 3 · This poll was closed on Jul 23, 2019 01:44 AM.
1