Chapter 8 – Cell #10
34 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Look lively now, we have another one!” A burly man roared as he slammed open the door of the city prison.

 

The burly man was one of the two men who dragged Lin Tian away. The sudden remark from this man caused the idling prison guards to scramble to their feet. The burly man took one cursory look and saw a table full of cards and beer.

 

Shaking his head in disdain for the lack of discipline, the burly man continued. “Got a fresh one! This bastard actually punched Duke Manning’s youngest daughter. Lucky for him, our Young Lady is very forgiving. Be careful, this guy is strangely heavy.”

 

“He punched Princess Manning? Shouldn’t he be dead?” One of the guards gaped.

 

“He should, unfortunately, the Young Lady promised him his life.”

 

“Lucky bastard.”

 

“Only his life.”

 

The guard smiled and winked with understanding. “You got it boss. We’ll make sure he stays alive.”

 

Once the burly man left, the guard turned to his co-workers and barked some orders. “Take this boy to Cell #10.”

 

“C-Cell #10? But the prisoners there are extremely dangerous. Can he even last?” A fat guard exclaimed with worry.

 

“Those bastards in Cell #10 may be batshit crazy, but they’re all bound and chained. What can they do but traumatize the little kid for a decade or two?”

 

“T-This…you’re right.” The fat guard nodded as he and another guard grabbed the unconscious kid. “Fuck! He is heavier than he looks!”

 

The fat guard motioned for another guard to take the boy by his feet while he and the other guard lifted the boy by the arms. The three guards and dragged the new prisoner towards Cell #10.

 

“Wake up! Wake up!” The fat guard roared as he smashed the cell bars with his baton. “You’ve got a new member. Come welcome him! And play nice! If he dies, you all will suffer the consequences!”

 

While one guard opened the cell door, the two other guards swung the body in. The unconscious boy landed on the stone floor with a thud, yet he still didn’t wake up. As the guards close the gate and leave the boy to his fate, the seven prisoners all tried to get a closer look at the newcomer.

 

“Ahh! I can smell it! That sweet scent of fresh blood! I want it! Young boy, come over here and let me taste it. Young boy!” A sharp cackle burst out as a shudder-inducing voice called out to Lin Tian.

 

“You stupid bloodsucker! That kid is unconscious. How is he supposed to go over to you?” A booming bass voice bellowed in response. “And stop using your blessing. It’s disgusting.”

 

“How could I know if he’s unconscious or not? I can’t even see with this goddamn coffin lid bolted shut. Ugh, I haven’t eaten anything in so long my back hurts.” The sharp voice cried out in defense. “Besides, I know what you’re thinking. I bet you can’t control your itchy hands. When was the last time you tore a child in half?”

 

“Fuck! Don’t remind me or I’ll tear you in half!”

 

“Tch! Too bad it’s a boy. Now, if it was a girl, hue hue….” A mellow voice murmured but the laughter was soon interrupted by a normal voice.

 

“Hua Mutian, just shut up.” The voice commanded with some authority and an aura of nobility.

 

“Oh look! The kid’s waking up!” The bloodsucker cackled excitedly as the boy stirred from his unconscious state.

 

The boy’s eyes fluttered before opening…and I woke up.

1