Settling Matters
2.5k 4 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What do we have here?" Jun asked in a jovial tone but the sheer, nearly physical hostility just emanating from him painted a different story.

"Guests?" He asked Shuri, turning to her.

Then turning back to the group, his smile twisted into a savage grin.

"Or intruders?" The entire group of four felt a pressure they couldn't describe. Like they should just submit and confess their wrongs before the young boy before them.

Jun's modest C+ rank Charisma had improved to the B+ rank as a result of his Noble Phantasm and the group of four was feeling it.

If he actually deployed it, both armor and weapon, it would rise further to A++ which would just be a curse that made others submit to him so long as they did not possess high ranked Charisma themselves or had at least A rank Magic Resistance.

"The "guests" were just about to leave." Shuri replied.

"Shuri-obaue!" The young woman called.

"Silence, this woman does not deserved to be called as such! And I shall leave when my matters are taken care of!" The old man said.

"Wow! Just wow! Old man, do you even realize that the only reason I haven't butchered you is because Shuri-san wishes me not to. The only reason you are still allowed to breather the the mercy of the woman you're insulting. How does that feel?"

Jun said, enunciating every word in a way that made it look like he was trying to get a point through to a particularly "slow" individual and then mockingly asking the final question.

"You arrogant brat! I shall make you pay for such insolence against me, Suou, Head of the great Himejima clan!" The old man shouted.

"Ha! What a joke!" Jun replied, only infuriating the old man further.

"If it was the girl beside you, then I would feel compelled to at least be a little cautious but against you?" He added, just shaking his head after speaking as if all of this wasn't worth his time.

"DIE!" The old man had enough and launched a shinto spell from a talisman he pulled out, the spiritual flames of the Himejima clan.

A blazing fireball of special spiritual fire barreled towards Jun as he did absolutely nothing, much to the horror of Shuri and Akeno who stood behind him with her eyes closed tightly.

The fireball hit square on target and . . . just fizzled out.

Everyone could only stare in shock and Jun whose face held a mocking grin.

"What was that supposed to be old man? You think crap of that level will even warm me up? Whatever. You were stupid enough to attack me so you can die now." Jun just shrugged and raised his hand.

"Please stop here everyone!" A loud voice interrupted and Barakiel suddenly appeared.

'Now you show up.' Jun complained.

"Greetings ojiue!" Barakiel said.

"Do not address me as such, feathered beast!" Suou shouted.

"Barakiel, this old man attacked him and I have no interest in letting him leave without paying for it." Jun calmly.

"Please do this for me." Barakiel bowed.

"No." Jun simply said, shocking everyone. From Barakiel, to Shuri and even the Himejima clan members.

"I don't owe you anything and certainly ain't close enough to you not to kill someone who made an attempt on my life just 'cause you asked." He declared, then turned to Suou for a final comment.

"Regardless of how pathetic the attempt actually was."

"I can't let you do that." Barakiel staunchly declared.

Jun just sighed and everyone assumed he was giving up on is intention to kill but then words that utterly shocked them to their core came out of Jun's mouth.

"If you try . . . I'll just kill you too." Jun said as his magic circuits started flaring to life, his Dragon Heart beating and a huge amount of pressure descending on everyone as Jun's Dragon Aura spread out.

'This kid . . .  He is much stronger than I or probably even Azazel realized . . .' Barakiel thought.

Akeno was in shock and about to cry because Jun and her father were turning against each other and Shuri didn't know what to do since she didn't think Jun would be so intent on killing her former uncle that he would even threaten her husband.

"You are certainly stronger than I thought but do you think you can beat me right now?" Barakiel sternly questioned.

"Hahahaha." Jun just laughed.

"You see big man . . . I completed the Bounded Field today." Jun savagely grinned.

"Shit!" Was all Barakiel could say.

The Bounded Field covering the whole mountain activated and suddenly, Barakiel and the Himejima party were all frozen in place.

"I put quite a lot of time a resources into this barrier you see." Jun started.

"As such, even a god would have to pay a hefty price to take me down inside here . . . And as powerful as you are Barakiel . . . You're no God." He said.

Gods in DxD were similar in strength to Divine Spirits of the Nasuverse but their powers were quite different in nature.

Even weaker beings like High Class Devils might be able to destroy mountains but while a Servant but not have that large area destructive power, they would still be able to kill them with relative ease. Their powers were just more focused but there was another determining factor.

The Counterforce and the World's rejection of supernatural events in the Nasuverse. The later would decrease in eras with more Mystery than the modern age though.

This was something Jun suspected as he found himself having far more power than his status and skills implied and Ahsaka confirmed his guess. Since the World of DxD did not have such strong regulating entities, they could wield their power more freely.

This meant that any Servant or even magus would be more powerful in the DxD World if he brought them here than in the Nasuverse.

Gods here were similar in strength to a full power Divine Spirit of the Nasuverse, at least most Gods were.

But, if said Dive Spirit Came here, they would suddenly become much more powerful they would not even lose their Authorities since they are just a way for the Nasuverse to recognise their power. In fact it would be strengthened due to a simple lack of interference.

Divine Spirits that require a human vessel to manifest him, which limits them, due to the Laws of the Nasuverse would be able to just walk around in DxD.

As for actual Nasuverse Gods and Buddhas, they would be so powerful that even Ophis and Great Red might only be a match or just weaker, possibly by a large margin since their power would increase in DxD when compared to their previous selves in the Nasuverse.

Of course, being backed by the Root of Akasha itself, Jun would face no suppressions so he had an inherent advantage in the Nasuverse that he did not possess here.

Still, Jun was as powerful as an Ultimate Class in DxD and, with the Bounded Field on his side, making this completely his territory, he could take out Satan Class opponents but in the Nasuverse, a truly top tier Servant could match and even kill him despite the suppression they faced from the World which he didn't.

Back to the moment though, Barakiel had no words. Being utterly immobilized was simple due to being caught by surprise while being inside the core of the Bounded Field where it was the strongest.

"I'll sapre Barakiel. On the account of Shuri-san and Akeno. And I guess I should give Azazel some face too." Jun said.

Then before anyone could say a work, Himejima Suou was utterly annihilated without leaving a single drop of blood behind.

"Well then!" Jun started.

"The rest of the Himejima clan members are free to leave since I bear no grudge. Beware though! If you try anything against me, you will suffer the consequences. I don't mind antagonizing a  few gods just to kill some pesky flies." He warned.

"Suzaku-san, I presume." Jun turned to the young woman.

"Do you have something to say to me?" She asked.

Himejima Suzaku was feeling complicated, she should hold a grudge against the boy in front of her but at her core, she thought her great uncle did it to himself. She was against the attitude of the clan towards people like her aunt and a few other exiled members but respected its laws anyway.

Now though, seeing such a young boy, younger than her, having such presence and such power, being antagonized by her clan over such "trivialities" made her feel the laws needed changing.

The way this Jun, let go of the rest of the Himejima clan members who did nothing to him and was even planning on letting her great uncle go before he foolishly attacked him also made her respect him even more.

"I merely wanted to say that, as I felt no ill intent from you, you should not feel discouraged from visiting, I probably won't be around anymore anyway." Jun said much to her surprise.

"I see, thank you for your mercy. May I have your full name?" Suzaku requested.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR week ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novel Archon of DanMachi, do check it out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

65