Heist for the Ages Act II
2.3k 2 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On this heist, Jun was planning on hitting a lot more an even more important places. Treasuries of other mythologies and secret treasuries of the church that had previously slipped his notice and definitely had better stuff within.

As Jun's powers grew, so did his repertoire of abilities that allowed him to sneakily find more and more targets and now, with the new and powerful Nyxo, he could actually hit these better guarded places.

Although this strike was a good chance to score some prime items to enhance his noble phantasms or even create new ones, another main objective was to obtain catalysts for the summoning of powerful or at least useful servants, even if the item itself holds no power.

First though Nyxo had to do some through but careful and slow paced scouting of each place she was going to hit for Jun then, he himself would draw out a plan for the heist based on that information.

Since there were a lot of locations and most of them were even more well protected than the ones he ha previously robbed, this first part was especially important but quite long. And so, hating to waste time, Nox set about doing a couple of things.

First, he had some modifications to make to his reality marble now that he could use countless types of magecraft at the B rank due to his Magecraft Mastery (B++) and the extreme amount of theoretical knowledge in his Mental Archives.

While some of those changes required more materials, AKA, treasure for the forge of his Phantasmal Origin, there was a mostly magecraft based layer for him to create.

Null Myriad, The layered World born out of Nothingness (EX):

-Core Layer: Heart Of The World (A+++)

-First Layer: Phantasmal Origin: The First Illusion of Myriad Myths (EX)

-Second Layer: Celestial Sphere (B): A starry sky for the Null Myriad created with magecraft and large amounts of magical energy, it only bears some vestiges of the true power of the stars but is just a poor quality fake in the end.

Parts of the starry sky can be manifested in reality to give a moderately powerful boost to one's Astromancy magecraft.

-Outer Layer: Hollow Shell (B)

It was an okay result for Ju since he was merely setting up the foundation for the changes brought about by the establishment of a connection to the Root. So long as the changes were of the B rank or higher, they would stick so that's what he was going for.

Lavinia who was watching him though, thought very differently.

'Such skill that makes every mage I've ever seen pale in comparison, such an intricate form of magic. It's not power, or even just finesse, just high level complexity and intricacy that results in very refined and efficient magic . . .' As a genius magician herself, she was quite entranced.

This kind of admiration though, was one Jun appreciated. He  understood, even if just slightly the feelings of heroic spirits like Penthesilea and Semiramis, the former that hated to be referred to by her beauty and the latter than was tired of men seeking her for simply that.

Those were just random thoughts by a few idle thought processes though, Jun was still hard at work, he turned all of the frustration from his foolish mistakes into motivation for his work.

After creating another layer for Null Myriad, Jun started working seriously on a project he had been thinking about for quite a while but had yet to put into practice. A new spell he was calling, the Wings of Calamity. It was so good he even had the expectation it would turn into a magecraft noble phantasm.

First though, as Jun was refining his Runes since he would rely on them quite a bit for this little project, he got an epiphany, the so called instant enlightenment, brought upon by how close his research had reached the origin, the Root of Akasha itself which triggered his connection to it just slightly.

Dragon Rune Magecraft (A+) -> Origin Rune (-): Knowledge and possession of the Origin Runes that rank above even Primordial Runes, being the greatest and most powerful type of Rune ever to exist. Ungraspable to those without a connection to the Root or a patron with such a connection.

Allows for the use of mightiest rune magecraft which, with enough magical energy, can be used to perform Authority level feats and even beyond.

Now armed with Origin Runes, coupled with his knowledge of Numerology and even a sprinkle of his abilities with reality marbles, Jun created six pairs of runic wings with each pair being a sort of reality marble storing magical energy. It allowed Jun to fly, and even speed up said flight by using his Dragon Burst through the wings.

Other than that though, it allowed Jun to fire destructive volleys of magic of various types without pause as the wings were basically variable spell matrixes built using runes and numerology fueled by internal mana stores fed by his own Dragon Heart.

Although just mentioning it was fast, it was work than took weeks to end and left everyone  very worried for Jun, Lavinia went out sometimes to talk with everyone and assure them everything was fine and Jun was just putting his frustration to good use.

Unfortunately, tat created a whole nother bunch of problems as Lavinia's sudden closeness to Jun to the point she was the only one allowed in his workshop right now, made a lot of the girls jealous.

Still, they, much like Jun, decided to put the frustration from the jealousy to good use and pour their hearts into training, both to surprise Jun when he was done with his work, and to be able to help him and stand next to him, the next time such a situation arised.

A few more days passed and this time, even Lavinia was barred from entry of Jun's workshop as he rubbed his hands, waiting for the treasure to arrive.

With his and Nyxo's abilities increasing, Jun was no longer so afraid as to even cut off his connection to his familiar so he already nwe what the haul was and that was the reason for the thrill.

'I have no Idea why the Norse gods love making replicas of their gear but thank god they do!' Jun thought with glee.

He had been aiming for the Mjolnir replica he knew existed from the series but he never thought he'd get so much more. The greek pantheon had replicas as well but only two interesting ones while the Indian Pantheon didn't make any, much to Jun's disappointment but he got his hands on some originals.

The japanese Pantheon suffered plenty at his hands as well and while he didn't get anything from the chinese one in terms of powerful items, he did get a bunch of catalysts. There was also the Egyptian Pantheon but that one went about the same as the chinese one.

There were other non god related treasuries hit as well, it was a much larger operation than the first time. Azazel might suspect and even be more careful with Jun but suspicions without proof were not worth much and Jun was still a small fry before the gods.

To name a few standout items for use in noble phantasms . . .

From Norse Mythology:

-Mjolnir (Replica): Hammer of Thor.

-Jarngreipr (Replica): Thor's iron gauntlet to wield Mjolnir.

-Megingjord (Replica): Thor's belt the doubled his strength.

-Laevatein (Replica): Sword of the sun, wielded by Surtr. Godslaying weapon with the power to burn the the entire world.

-Gungnir (Replica): Spear of Odin that never misses its target.

-Misteltein: God slaying sword used to kill Balder.

-Svanhvit: Swan Coat worn be the Valkyries of Odin.

-Andvaranaut: Ring that helps the user find gold.

-Draupnir: Golden arm ring that creates doubles of itself.

From Greek Mythology:

-Aigis (Replica): Defense of the gods, oftentimes depicted as a shield. Worn as armor in the Nasuverse.

-Sword of Ares (Replica): Known as Photon Ray in the Nasuverse, wielded by Ares AKA Mars and Altera.

-Ares' War Banner (Remnant): Remnant of Are's war banner, other pieces of it were used to make items like Hippolyta's sash.

-Hades' Cap of Invisibility: Makes the wearer invisible. Can also take the form of cloth.

-Harpe: Scythe used by Perseus to kill the Gorgon.

-Bow of Hydra: Bow of Heracles used to kill the Hydra, can enchant one's arrows with the beast's poison.

-Tauropolos: Bow of Heaven wielded by Atalanta, can create power rains of arrows from a single shot.

-Golden Apples: Also known as the golden apples of discord, symbols of temptation that cannot be ignored.

-Ambrosia: Food of the gods that grants immortality.

-Armor of Achilles: Divine Construct forged by Hephaestus for Achilles at Thetis' request.

-Rod of Asclepius: Rod wielded by the God of Medicine, Asclepius.

From Indian Mythology:

-Kavacha and Kundala: Golden armor and earring worn by Karna.

-Brahmastra: Projectile with immense power and multiple forms.

-Vimana: Flying vehicle armed with ray weapons, ancient nukes, missiles and all kinds of other armaments like bioweapons and even things like optical camouflage and communications interception.

-Amrita: Food of the gods that grants immortality.

-Gandiva: Bow of Arjuna that fires flame arrows.

-Vajra: Weapon of the thunder god Indra.

From Japanese Mythology:

-Kusanagi no Tachi (Destroyed): Sword found by Susanna within Yamata no Orochi.

-Yasakani no Magatama: One of the three regalia of japan, jewels with immense power.

-Tengu Fan of the Five Elements: Fan capable of controlling the oriental five elements of Wood, Water, Earth, Metal and Fire.

-Crane's Hagoromo: Garment of the highest quality made by a supernatural crane.

From Christianity:

-Shroud of Turin: Burial shroud of Jesus Christ.

-Holy Robe of Christ: Seamless robe worn by Jesus up until his crucifixion.

-Bleeding Lance: Spear bathed in blood used as the replacement for the Spear of Longinus in rituals. Can be converted into a replica of the Nasuverse Longinus.

-Robe of the Sun: Robe worn by the Woman of the Apocalypse, sometimes referred to as the Whore of Babylon.

-Crown of Thorns: Crown of thorns worn by Christ.

-Iron Crown of Lombardy: Turned into the Sacred gear, Alphecca Tyrant. Made of the iron nails that pinned Jesus to the cross.

From other Legends and Mythologies:

-Ring of the Nibelungen: Ring forged from the treasure Das Rheingold, that supposedly granted its wearer dominion over the Rhineland.

-Airgetlam: Silver prosthetic arm of the god Nuadha.

-Gae Bolg: Magical spear made by Scathach and gifted to Cu Chulainn.

-Soma: Alcohol of the gods.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR week ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novel Archon of DanMachi, do check it out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

45