To Repay Received Grace II
487 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bothering Jun with her own concerns and problems seemed rude to Magdalena so she decided to go with her concerns to someone close enough to Jun to know something, someone who was by far the most welcoming of everyone in this new home.

That someone, was Irisviel.

"So you feel bad about not doing anything to help Jun back and want to find some way to be of use to him?" Iri asked Magdalena for confirmation and got a nod in return.

"Well . . . Now I feel kind of bad for doing nothing but look after the girls and not trying to do anything else in particular for Jun despite all he blessed me with." Iri reflected to herself out loud, realizing she was being quite spoiled by Jun without even realizing it and just taking it for granted.

Magdalena was left a bit flustered as she did not want her words and request to be misconstrued as criticism towards Iri but the homunculus reassured her that it was not like that at all and that she had simply been given a much needed wake up call and that it was high time she started making something of herself rather than just relying on others' kindness.

"Now then, the only way to go about this, is asking Jun about it since I'm positive he'll have some ideas so long as we bring up the subject to him." Iri declared.

Magdalena then mentioned her previous worries about bothering Jun and that he might end up wasting more time and resources just to make them feel fulfilled but Iri enlightened her on a piece of knowledge she had gleaned from observing Jun.

"Jun is certainly very kind but whenever he does something or is considering to do something, he always analysis the cost/return ratio for his plans. Many of his actions may seem purely altruistic but while he is certainly well intentioned, he always finds a way to profit from his good deeds." Iri shared her views.

"I for one, have learned to admire this kind of attitude. I've seen first hand what a desire to save others and enforce justice without regard for personal cost and sacrifice can do to someone, the damage it can inflict, the burden it can be." Iri continued.

"Jun does good and doesn't mind helping so long as he finds someone worthy of his help and the benefits outweigh the risks. He and I talk when we're relaxing and I like to inquire into his reasoning and thought process and always find his answers quite enlightening." She kept elaborating.

"While Jun has a bad habit of going to far ir regards to his own self and that has landed him in trouble before, one occurence being quite recent in fact, he says that as someone whose existence supports others, he needs to be careful about what he does."

"Self sacrifice, while noble, will have serious repercussions on those that rely on him so he will almost always refrain from making investments if he thinks they will result in a loss though he is a believer in calculated risk."

"Jun's latest screw up was basically an investment that returned way to much to the point it became dangerous but he still found a way to benefit not only himself, but our entire group in the long run. But I have gone on a tangent."

"I conclusion, if we bring our request to be useful to Jun, he might make an investment of resources into us but he'll do so only because he has definitely found a way to recoup all those expenses and even turn a profit." Iri concluded her sharing of what she gleaned from her talks with Jun and her own observations of him.

"Sorry about the rant." Iri blushing apologized at the small essay on her thoughts of Jun she had just regurgitated to someone she hadn't even known for that long.

"Nothing to be sorry about Irisviel. In fact, I found it to be very enlightening." Magdalena thanked her with a gentle smile that made Iri feel a little like a child, Magdalena was technically much older than her after all.

As for Magdalena's words, their were the purest of truths. She was very glad to learn more about she and her daughter's benefactor and she too found Jun's mindset to have its benefits though she wondered what the occasional "going to far" consisted of.

One could only imagine if she knew the lastest "gone to far" moment was nearly becoming the embodiment of the current Nasuverse's end, what her reactions would be.

With their talk done and the decision to consult with Jun made, the pair of mothers decided to seek him out right away since Jun moved around between places quite a bit and if they waited, he might just find something to do elsewhere and not return so soon.

And so did they go find him, he had just finished consulting with one of Asako's bodies about the various goings in regards to Ryuudou Temple's security and the current endeavours of Natalia and Maya.

Jun had entrusted them with an important task which resulted in some individuals wishing to meet him as their boss, that led to a vague description of him being circulated around mage circles once again after his interference in the 4th Holy Grail War.

In turn, that led to a few individuals matching that description of Jun that was circulating to an individual they were looking for which they now thought to be Jun and, since Maya and Natalia were the only contact point, that group of individuals also requested to meet him.

Jun had just finished giving Asako her orders to scout out and evaluate all the individuals that wanted to meet him and gather information on their current situations before he decided to set up a meeting.

After he was done settling that matter, he began organizing any other matters that required his attention since a lot of things seemed to be suddenly coming his way.

One such thing was Fran. Frankenstein had been slipping under the radar and had been the only one of Jun's Servants not to bind herself to Domina Coronam. Even before then though, she had been mysteriously low key, even more so than usual.

Jun had been content to let the quiet "girl" be quiet but was somewhat bothered by her distancing herself from not only him but the others as well.

She was quite taken with him before and quickly came to Jun's side when he was visiting but seemed much more collected than she already was.

Fran was usually like a puppy following whatever Jun deemed best and not very good at taking the initiative and making decisions, she stuck to the background during the gathering and passed mostly unnoticed by everyone.

(A/N: Author included since I kinda forgot her for a bit after purposefully putting her into the background as part of my plan for her character growth. It's quite hard to keep track of everything sometimes.

It doesn't really affect the story since I was planning for her get isolated but it would have been better if I had remembered to reference this process during the Gathering and Domina Coronam Chapters. Onwards with the chapter though.)

After Jun had rebuilt Domina Coronam however, she had taken up residence in the Crown of Paradise: Eden, having a huge flower field of her own with a small cottage where she spent most of her time alone.

Jun had hoped she would begin to take more initiative and come to him with whatever her issue was but Fran seemed to be as passive as ever despite the supposed increased closeness between the two of them.

She seemed to be isolating herself more and more and not seeing anyone else so Jun finally gave up on encouraging initiative by letting her come to him and instead decided to go and see what was up and help Fran with whatever was troubling her.

Beyond that, he still needed to draw the blueprints for the work Domina Coronam would need in the future, plan for the summoning of more Servants when he had the means for a mass summon, plan strengthening programs for said future servants along with those he already had under his service . . .

As it seemed, Jun actually had quite a bit of work to do when he carefully thought about. It was precisely while he pondered on this issue that Iri and Magdalena came looking for him to add on to his workload . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.a.t.r.e.o.n is officially up!

The link is: https://www.p.a.t.r.e.o.n.com/lusoba  without the extra dots of course.

You'll get to read up to FOUR week ahead, a full month, but I'll still post here.

There's also my other novel Archon of DanMachi, do check it out!

I would greatly appreciate any support since this is going to be my breadwinner.

10