Prologue
405 4 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hi! My name is Meyra Gellia. I’m 8 years old, and this is my story.

________________

“Hey!” I ran after my little sister, Lily. We were one year apart, by her being 8, and me 9. “No way!” She said. I snatched up the pasta me and Mama we’re gonna make and glared at her.

“Do it again and I’ll tell Mama,” I warned her.

She sticks out her tongue and walks away. I sigh and walk back to the kitchen. But, hey, it’s really my fault. She’s the one who took it away! I’ll tell mama and show Lily who’s boss. I tossed my hair and giggled.

 

Once I reached the kitchen, I saw Mama waiting for the pasta patiently. “Mama!” I ran to her with my pasta in a bowl. She put the pasta on the counter and pulled me into a hug. I enjoyed the hug and she broke free.

 

I poured the pasta into the pot and set the kitchen table. After the soup was done, I called Dad and Lily for dinner. “The food was made with love.” Mama would say. “If it ain't, then you can’t be a cook.”

 

And I understand that. I really did.

 

Despite being only 9 years old, I can cook 2 dishes alone. Then I entered Kids Swordsmanship Academy. After the speech, I started training. Turned out we had uniforms.

 

The boys had a red jacket, a white blouse with a blue plain tie. We girls had the same thing, except we had skirts. I’ve always wanted to be a swordswoman/man, and my dream is coming true!

14