V1C6 – Progress I
414 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Argh..."

"What's the matter?"

"There's this human from Earth that I sent to Arcana."

"Hmm..."

"The unique point of Arcana is the powerful magic, [Contract], cast over it. So, as a show of formality in where he was sent to, I made a [Contract] with him. Once he was over there, he'd fully realize the power it held and stick to what we had agreed upon even more greatly."

"But?"

"If you use your eyes, then you'll figure out the conditions of the [Contract]."

"..."

"So?"

*the angel talking to [X] tries to hold in her laughter*

"You insolent snake."

"Sorry, it just slipped. What an interesting human. Earth is a boring place, but it seems to always produce the most interesting things. To think you would be tricked, or were you simply careless?"

"Yeah, I was just careless!"

"Well then, when you break that [Contract] magic down, I'll go pay him a visit. If I take a liking to him, maybe I'll be the intermediary between you and him."

"Do as you like."

"Fufufu~"


It's been half a year since being born into this world, Arcana, admittedly not very long. I have learned a thing or two though. [X] did keep his word: I was born black-haired, female, in a well-off family, and with exuberant health. My new name is Kei Kyuri. Is it some kind of fate that my given name stayed the same from last time? My mother's name is Livia Kyuri and my father is Shin Kyuri. These names are all over the place, I can't discern their origin. Perhaps it all makes sense in the language they're speaking now: Connuit. Don't ask me for the origin of that name either, I don't know. Anyways, if I were to describe the house atmosphere, it'd be warm; It's always lively and safe. What else could you expect from a love-love couple like my parents? Additionally, it seems that I have siblings: all girls ages 10, 7, and 4 respectively. They, along with my parents and servants working for the house comprise the people of the mansion I inhabit. Though, I rarely leave my own room. 

Now, I'll detail some of the current levels of civilization from my observations: honestly, it puzzles me. There are similarities and differences from what I know.

#1: I've gathered that medical technology is a bit ahead of Earth as seen from my birth conditions. The field may be aided by the existence of magic.

#2: Architecture and mechanical engineering overall are less advanced. When I'm carried outside the house (rather a grand mansion), there is a great town with buildings much like those of our world. No, there were fewer high-reaching buildings; There were only two that stood at skyscraper tall length amongst the rest. One was a standard block of illuminated floors, the other was a giant steel structure protruding from the ground in a wired state giving a similar feel to the Eiffel Tower. Machines are seen less too, except for the occasional automobile/vehicle passing by.

#3: Social hierarchy system is...different. I believe we're nobles, we have maids and everything. It's strange, this level of civilization but a social ideology stuck in the feudal medieval ages? I hope to find more about our house's political situation once I can grasp it and get older.

#4: Computers, smartphones, and the like exist--computer science and electronics seem to be developed decently but not to the extent of our world.

On another note, I've been starting to crawl. One day, I'll evolve this skill and be able to leave the singular room I've been confined to by myself. Another main focus is learning the language. I've grasped basic grammatical structure, vocabulary, and common phrases. Phonetically, it sounds like English but is technically more like Japanese. Comparing the language I'm learning now to the ones I know of might be unfair, but utilizing past knowledge grounds the future. Perhaps it's my age affecting my language learning rate though I have no proof.

I have gathered information, but more is needed. Well, I can still do that since I have nothing else going on except for eating and sleeping. 


I was awoken by a bad feeling, something gnawed at me uncomfortably. Opening my eyes, I saw in front of me, an unfamiliar face. Moreover, they were hovering near the ceiling looking down at me. She wore revealing covers of tinted whites as clothes, they resembled a sort of tailcoat; She wore streaming dark half gloves that held to her fine porcelain skin that ended down near the elbow; She wore uneven stockings. Donning an elaborately patterned dazzling rainbow gradient halo (looking more like some magic circle), pinkish/translucent hair, and majestically white fathomless wings, her eyes shown with amber depravity--one of which (the right eye from my perspective) was reflecting not a circular pupil but one with the greek symbol "Omega." She smiled like a maniac.

"You are Kei Kadoya, aren't you. Oh, excuse me, you go by Kei Kyuri now. Kei should be fine--Kei, hello. I'm one of the God's angels, of the [Angel Council of Ends], Luciel. How are you liking Arcana?"

I couldn't speak yet, so I could only listen. She cackled mischievously and began by stating the conditions of the [Contract] I had participated in months ago,

"Finalizing, you will be sent to another world with guaranteed physical and magical might, in a well-off family, and as a black-haired girl. You will follow this God's and subsequent angel's orders, carrying them out at your own discretion. We won't involve ourselves with your actions there besides orders. We won't bring harm to you as long as you work towards fulfilling orders."

"..."

"Let's analyze this [Contract], shall we? What allows it to give you freedom from God? From what I've heard, you had done things beforehand to set up on that personage. You said that you wanted to protect your life devoid of tedious things: an easy life. Therefore, you said that you would take the best and most efficient possible path towards getting God's orders over with--or so he thought and believed. This was never outlined in the agreement, he just assumed that you'd do it. It might've been the conviction with which you said it that convinced him, or perhaps knowing that it is indeed in the character of you to do this."

She continued.

"So, you could work towards completing God's goals but not at the pace he might've wanted. Discretion allows you to. If there was a clear and easy solution to completing the assignment, you wouldn't have to take it as long as you were working towards completion another way. This other way is vague but better than the best possible way to you; You'd have to test the nuances on what you could get away with. But, you didn't think the requirements for working towards something (being as vague as it already is) would be particularly harsh to fulfill, did you? That's why you wanted it. I applaud that little exploitation.

Anyways, this ties in with the agreement not to harm you. We can't force you to try better methods if you're working towards fulfilling orders--we lost the absolute card of violence we had over you. Additionally, it said we wouldn't involve ourselves with how you're doing things besides orders. It's perfect, you can work on things how you like and when you like within bounds without any threat coming to you unless you get careless. Your life will have only minor disruptions and you won't necessarily give God what he wants. Of course, this is absolute unless God can somehow nullify the [Contract] which is, of course, possible. In fact, you were almost certain he can break it at some point in the future, weren't you."

Well, I assumed they would figure it out as soon as I left.

"So, I ask you this, why did you anger him at that time when you knew it would be a detriment to your relationship with someone like him down the line? Oh right, you can't speak aha."

She then stared into my soul with those eyes. After a few moments of staring into each other's calculating gazes,

"I heard about your behavior from God, but it's as I thought. You didn't feel fear, you didn't even panic when I revealed your little scheme. As I thought, you're interesting. Therefore, I'll visit again. When you can talk, that is..."

She disappeared in an instant much like [X] could, into thin air. Really, can I not escape [X]'s grasp too easily? Maybe it's that Luciel's grasp I can't escape now. Well, I'll try my best to give them the slip. My life has just begun.

23