V1C11 – Relations
262 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Seeyah!"

My blade swerved to the side in pursuit of Arida-sensei's trail.

"You're movements are too predictable!"

*clang!*

"Woah--"

I started to stumble forward. But, this was the plan! As I acted as though my balance was lost, Arida-sensei went in for an attack with too many openings! Picking up my already readied sword, I slash head-on into the fray.

"!?"

It was surprisingly blocked and shifted to my left side (my dominant hand is right). 

"Kuh...!"

"...Alright, let's stop it here."

"So, how was it, Arida-sensei?"

"It was definitely better than before, you've been doing the specific exercises I told you to do I see."

I additionally did my own practice swings and forms. He continued,

"If you had more base strength, your surprises would have more effect. Well, I can't expect too much from a 7-year-old. But, you're so talented that I forget your age half the time."

"You flatter me."

"It's true. Well, everyone around you probably sings your praises as well so no need for me to inflate your ego more."

One of the things I enjoy the most is when people praise me, don't just not for your own silly reason!

"That's the end of today's lesson. You are to continue the standard practices I explained to you for the next time we meet. Next week, we'll focus on fighting in dire straits if you know what I mean."

"..."

"Haha, keep that look of defeat on your face! It's a refresher!"


Iris-sensei inspected my held sphere of water about the size of a basketball.

"Hmm, it seems to have uniform density and shape. Well done. Now, try expanding it at a constant rate."

I began pouring more into my magicules into my wooden wand, doing as instructed.

"Now, turn the shape into a pyramid."

I oozed the power from my mind and imagined a square-based pyramid.

"Perfect. Now, try the same thing with steam."

I heated the water with magic and vaporized it to steam. Then, I gathered it up and held it in a sphere that violently shook against me trying to disperse. Increasing the volume, the pressure lessened. Then, I shifted it all into a pyramid.

"I have no complaints. Kei-sama, your control on magic is superb. This is between you and me, but, I'd say it has the potential to surpass even Sora-sama in the future. Well, we'll have to find it out as we continue."

"It's all thanks to your teachings, Iris-sensei."

"Hehe, you're a smooth talker Kei-sama. Anyways, we'll continue with conjuring different materials for the next few days. Then, we'll move onto more manipulating forces."

"Yes, sounds good."


"Is Kei-chan in?"

Dad," Oh, Erika-chan, you came again. She's here. Is your dad with you?"

"Nope, he let me go on my own [with the servants]."

"I see, well, have fun now."

He gestured inside the house.

"I will!"

Erika-chan made her way up to my room.

"Kei-chan! I have a new series that I want to read with you! Does this description catch your interest? 'In the midst of political and economic struggle, two brave souls are out to take the rightful throne! Through the trials of tragedy and mystery, love and bloodshed, will the nation be saved from crisis or will it crumble?' It's titled [Resistance Throne]."

She entered my room without knocking; She tends to get carried away when blabbering on about books. The door creaked open to a surprising scene.

"Kei-chan...?"

I laid face down on my ridiculously large bed with Sora-neechan soldering, probably some sort of explosive, on my back. Hoshiko-neechan was additionally entrapping my legs, by playing a video game off of a popular series there. She likes them (games) just as much as books--Sora-neechan also likes making them for her sometimes. 

"Eh? Kei-chan, are you okay?"

"I'm okay."

I talked through the stuffed pillows.

"You sure are close with your siblings huh."

If I recall correctly, Erika-chan has a brother.

"You don't? Oh, you don't have to answer that if you don't want to."

"No, it's just not at that level of closeness."

"I don't think this level of closeness is normal either. Hear that? Get off, you guys!"

"Fufu~ I guess it's Erika-chan's turn now."

"Have fun."

They quickly got off me when I ordered, peeved, and shuffled out the door to do their own things. My 'little sister' charm is irresistible, but please resist.

"So, hi Erika-chan. What about this [Resisted Throne]?"

*plop*

You too?

"Aha, you're trapped again."

I guess I'll never get out of bed.


As you can tell, I became 7-years-old. That means Sora-neechan, who was accepted into the [Euvanistu Academy], is off to school soon. More on related updates, my relationship with Erika Raizen has deepened; I'm sure that in the future we'll be able to call each other childhood friends. I really want to make some during this life since I didn't really have anyone like that in my past one.

Anyways, my magic and swordsmanship training has also been going well. Soon, I hope to be able to showcase them somehow. Oh, by the way, the style of the Euvanistu Knight Order that Arida-sensei teaches me is called formally and pretentious as it is," The Luminate God Style." 

And if I wasn't clear about this, I'll say it now. I'm currently displaying to others the full range of my Connuit expertise, they won't think of me as some demon but a gifted youngster at this age. I could also feel it naturally shifted to be this way as well. One cause might be my noble manners lessons.


I'm walking down the street of the town I live in, Tsuaria of the Kyuri territory. The roads are uncomfortable, but it's not it's unbearable. I've been going out here more frequently since I began thinking that I needed to interact with more commoners. It's become a bit of a routine to come down here once in a while.

The buildings are not too impressive or architecturally inspiring, well, compared to my world. But, the two tall buildings still grab attention. I described them a while ago, do you remember? One of them is a twisted metal protrusion from the ground like a tower, the other is like a standard tall standing office building. This might be the height of architecture in this world, literally. Well, the world is big, you never know.  

"Hey, it's Kei-sama!"

"Kya! Kei-sama!"

"Oh, she's looking over here!"

"Kei-sama! Kei-sama!"

It seems that I'm pretty famous. I believe it's the obvious result when taking into account the combination of my conduct, beauty, and reputation. The fact that I can say that straight out might be sickening to some, but you need to be aware of your strengths and utilize them no?

"Hello, everyone. Are you well? Oh, John-san, how's the family? ... Gilbert-san, is your business doing alright? ... Ildea-san, is your health better?"

Remembering the individualities of townspeople is hard, and memorizing all this information comes at the price of sometimes forgetting. Well, if I can use it to win the public hearts to my side, I'll have less to fear. Social status is one of the greatest weapons I was granted at birth, even more so pronounced in Arcana. I am to use it efficiently and effectively.

"Kei-sama, I heard that Sora-sama is going to the [Academy]? Congratulations to her!"

"Indeed, I am quite proud of my sister."

[Euvanistu Academy] or [Academy] for short in these parts.

"Are you still doing private swordsmanship lessons with that venerable Arida Ventiras, the [Saint's Sword]? Also, magic with [The Witch of Starless Nights] Iris Viel?"

"Ah, yes. I am progressing, though the work is rigorous."

"As expected of another genius of the Kyuri household. Truly, the [War Princess of Sagacity]!"

"Ahaha--"

What's up with that dumb nickname?

Suddenly, something catches my attention. I have gained quite the aptitude for magicule detection as I've been exposed to them constantly (or more technically inhabited similar spaces). Also, I am oftentimes searching for things with my magic flow which led it to become more and more instinctual. This is relevant because I detected something noteworthy nearby.

This path I've detected, it's an amazing amount. Is it perhaps, an incognito magician?

"Aw, maybe Sora-neechan has infected me. I can't help but be curious now."

I decided to expertly escape the crowd and pursue the magical signature. Tania tried to follow behind; She panicked at my sudden departure, though in the end, she couldn't catch up.


We rushed through the alleys and up the walls of the city. 

Their movements are too fast for a normal human. Luckily, I can also strengthen myself with magicules. Imagining increased strength is simple; If we want to get more precise, we can go down to the cellular level, though it's unneeded. The same thing applies to strengthening materials.

The mysterious magic person jumps from roof to roof at breakneck speeds. I try my best to follow behind, creating a slight tailwind and air jets to aid my acceleration. Finally, his figure becomes even clearer in my view. At that moment, he notices me and stops. He wears a black robe and an arced hunch.

"Why are you following me, young one?"

Young one?

"I just sensed some dense magicules and came to seek the source."

"Aren't you a curious one? Curiosity killed the cat, you know."

"Lucky for me, I'm no cat."

"So, what do I have to do to get you to leave me alone?"

"Well--"

Before I could answer, a ball of flame was hurled towards me. Utilizing magicules to suck out the air from its path, the blaze barely dissipated before reaching my face. It was safe to assume that that was his attack.

"Hm, not half bad."

"Attacking someone when they're talking, low."

He shrugged. As we exchanged looks, I unsheathed my white broad blade and prepared my Chudan no Kamae (sword stance). I could feel his gaze slightly widen as I did. Then, he unsheathed his own hidden blade and took up a similar but lower stance. His blade, concealed partially by shadow, was curved and beautifully glinting despite the dark--a tachi (long katana). Wordlessly, the battle commenced.

"..."

I rushed towards him at a magically induced speed. This was one of the first times I combined swords and magic, especially fighting with it; Twas an adrenaline rush. I tried slamming the broad sword blade edge at the man, nonlethally. But, it was parried and returned with an attack twice as ferocious. I ducked my head in the nick of time with the help of physical enhancements. A single exchange was all it took.

Kicking away from close range, I realized my disadvantage. This man is adept in combat with both the sword and magic as well as combined. He is skilled and has the ability to cause me some trouble.

"You're not coming? If not..."

He disappears.

"...I'll come to you!"

He reappears next to me in a prime striking position. Putting up a hasty defense, I attempt to block it but am easily maneuvered around.

"You ought to surrender, kid!"

Elders looking down on children, that sure does put a bad taste in my mouth. He slashes to the shown opening.

"I've won," he proclaimed. But,

"Aah..."

I coughed out blood and looked to my chest. It was cleanly cut through, blood poured out like a geyser. I was definitely going to die in the next few moments from this you would say. Looking at the one who committed it, his expression just showed terrified. His movements temporarily stopped as well. I've been waiting for that.

"No, I've won."

My illusion faded and the blood disappeared. Producing an upward gust with a swipe, I blow the hood off his head with my sword. My aim is perfect; His neck is then put to my blade and his face is exposed.

"So, you really were an old man, huh."

He looked to be around 70. Every facial and head hair was greying; His wrinkles shone clear in the light of the sunny sky, unhindered by anything on the roof.

"You, you really are something special aren't you? I didn't think that you could pull off such light manipulation magic in the middle of the fight. That level and speed are terrifying."

"Well, my mentor is an illusionist."

Also, I have a good idea of how light can deceive the eye. Anyways, let's rewind this back a bit if you didn't get the sequence. From the first clash of our steel, we exchanged nonlethal blows. That was something I could tell from the way he countered. They were both blows to test each other's skill. If we were hit, it wouldn't be fatal but it would probably hurt. So, taking advantage of this, I knew that my opponent's goal was not to harm me.

Therefore, it was highly likely that my opponent would freak or at least be surprised if he actually did bring life-threatening harm to me. Using an illusion to trick the senses--magicules behaving as different reflected light waves--I was able to make it seem as though I was caught in a bloody slash if only for a moment. This was so that he could drop his guard, for that small gap. The projection didn't have to be completely accurate either, the sun's glare made everything look worse quality.

"I might've been wrong for underestimating you. But, you're still naive."

Then, as if really teleporting, he appeared to my own neck with his curved blade in a flash.

"W-What..."

"That was simply my magic enhanced physical movement speed with a touch of illusion, it's no surprise that an undeveloped kid like you can't keep up." 

Somehow, that comment boils my blood. Biting my lip,

"I didn't think that I'd lose to an old man."

"I'm not just any old man you know."

Will you reveal your identity? Please do tell.

"Who are you then?"

"I'm the [Lightning Despair], hailing from the East. An old swords master you could say!"

"With that skill, it seems believable. But, you are also just a suspicious old man in a robe."

Throwing to him words of doubt, he replies with his own.

"Keh...and who are you?"

"Kei Kyuri, the fourth daughter to Shin and Livia Kyuri."

I don't see a point to lie in this situation.

"This territory's lord's daughter is it? It seems that nobles are worth something sometimes."

"..."

"Hey, Kei."

"What is it?"

"Want to become my disciple?"

"I refuse."

I already have Arida-sensei after all.

"C'mon, don't you want to learn cool stuff like this?"

He proceeded to do some flash steps and instant movements, sometimes in mid-air, and landed cleanly. They reminded me of his absurd fighting.

"I admit, that is appealing. But, I want to know your reason for why you're even considering me as a disciple. We just met. Also, your identity's credibility isn't standing strong right now."

"Well, I'm bored. You seem interesting."

"Stop messing around."

"Now, now. Let's make a [Contract]. I'll tell you if you do."

I thought for a moment.

"I feel like I'm being snookered but, fine. The conditions are that I become your disciple and that you'll tell me the real reason why you wanted me as one if I do."

A disciple is abstract anyways.

"Then a [Contract] is made."

I feel the magicules tingle, a successful [Contract] creation.

"Alright, the real reason is this: I came to this town for a purpose. I am to protect the Kyuris; That is my mission. You coming here was good fortune. As my disciple, you'll be easier to protect."

"You're going to protect us? Why?"

"Were follow-up questions part of the [Contract]? Haha! Anyways, see you for lessons next week. They'll be weekly, same time as our meeting today! Cya!"

He vanished with large leaps away into the now fading sun.

"What the heck just happened?"


"Bye, Sora-neechan, we'll miss you!"

"I'll miss you too, Hoshiko, Kei."

"Good luck at the [Academy]."

"You bet. I'll get to see Akari-neechan as well."

"Goodbye."

"Until we meet again."

13