Chapter 5
542 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

F7 got their newest assignment. This time they were tasked with finding a resilient soul to cultivate. It had to be someone who would never give up, and would never stop fighting. The soul also had to be reincarnated, not transferred physically, as the Real Body Transmigrating Apparatus was under maintenance.

Out of millions they ended up choosing a Japanese man from Earth of a miniature alternate universe – which was an exact replica of the now long gone home planet of the Empire’s humanity, from an era when they were still a fledgling race trying their wings to fly to their Moon.

F7 used the quantum computer to scan the soul in order to reveal it’s capabilities and potential in a quantified and easily understandable manner.

[Name: Takahashi Ren][Level 24]

[Health: -/-][Mana: -/-][Stamina: -/-]

[Age: 31]

[Race: Human]

[Gender: male]

[Current condition: stasis, unconscious]

[Current location: quantum incubator]

[Strength: 16]

[Agility: 3]

[Vitality: 0 (current - target doesn’t have a body]

[! WARNING ! Target is extremely unlucky, chances are he will be born with 0 VIT and will expire upon rebirth immediately. Alteration of stat is advised.]

[Endurance: 87]

[Intelligence: 34]

[Charisma: 2]

[Luck: -100]

F7 paused. What’s up with that horrible luck…? I’ve never seen this stat so bad before…

They continued to look over their new target’s status.

[Basic skills: Programming Lv. 42, Hacker Lv. 45, Code breaking Lv. 34, Aquascaper Lv. 22, Friend of fish Lv. 11, Petty thief Lv. 27, Calm mind Lv. 38, Drug resistance Lv. 5, Pain resistance Lv. 54, Shut in Lv. 96]

[Martial arts: Club wielder Lv. 23]

[Arcane arts: none]

[Unique skills: Unlucky bastard]

Well, that’s terribly unbalanced. And he has stuff that has no place in a fantasy world of magic. Gotta tweak… F7 hummed to themselves. After a few minutes of typing, they looked over the results.

[Name: Takahashi Ren][Level 1]

[Health: 50/50][Mana: 50/50][Stamina: 50/50]

[Age: 0 (+31)]

[Race: Human]

[Gender: male]

[Current condition: stasis, unconscious]

[Current location: quantum incubator]

[Strength: 16]

[Agility: 5]

[Vitality: 10]

[Endurance: 87]

[Intelligence: 34]

[Charisma: 2]

[Luck: -100*]

*Target is now able to experience good luck (1/1000 chances) or no luck (1/100 chances) to balance things out.

[Basic skills: Code breaking1 Lv. 34, Friend of fish2 Lv. 11, Petty thief3 Lv. 17, Calm mind4 Lv. 38, Drug resistance5 Lv. 5, Pain resistance6 Lv. 64, Shut in7 Lv. 96]

1) Target is able to decipher and interpret languages, mannerisms, texts, images and codes more quickly and accurately.

2) Target is able to understand fish better. Paired with the Code breaking skill, target is now able to communicate with fish.

3) Target is able to discern easy marks better, and has a higher chance of successful stealing, pick-pocketing, lock-picking and breaking-and-entering.

4) Target remains calm in stressful situations, is less likely to panic and more resistant to psychological attacks.

5) Target is more resistant to drugs for better or worth. Poisons, addictive or mind-altering substances and medicines have a lesser chance of working on the target. Applies only to ingested drugs.

6) Target is less likely to succumb to pain.

7) Safety in solitude – target doesn’t seek connections with others and is very territorial about his space. He will become violent when his things or home are threatened.

[Martial arts: Club wielder Lv. 23]

[Arcane arts: none]

[Unique skills: Unlucky bastard**, Walking disaster***]

**Target is extremely unlucky. Misfortune befalls him wherever he goes, whatever he does.

***Target can divert his misfortune towards his surroundings once a day. Cool down: 10 days.

That’s better. F7 sighed. After a brief consideration, they decided to add the Chatroom function later during the transfer process, figuring that this target will need a more hands on approach to successfully cultivate into a rich, powerful, harvestable soul.

F7 read the summary of Takahashi Ren’s life. It was obvious that he needed therapy to address his many issues. If left untended they would surely get in the way of his progress. The most basic thing the target has always lacked and yearned for was a mother’s love, so F7 looked for suitable, expecting mothers on Fortima 7 to place Takahashi Ren’s soul into their unborn infant. After all the target just as well could be reincarnated into the spawn of asexually reproducing beings, like plants or spirits.

As F7 looked through the list, they noticed that one of the women of the beastkin races, who was over a thousand years old, was a day or two away from giving birth. She was a Mystical trickster demigod evolved from a tanuki, and was famous on Fortima 7 for never choosing a mating partner. F7 took a closer look at her with the observatory’s inter-dimensional telescope. She was in her beast form – she had white fluffy fur, long bushy tail with light red ring patterns on it. She had a pointy pink nose and a pair of beautiful light blue eyes. Her cute, fluffy ears were twitching as she scanned the forest to check for any threats. She had a light red ‘mask’ over her face, much like a raccoon. She was gigantic and her tail wrapped around herself as she was resting. As her baby would be very tiny when it was born, it didn’t show on her belly that she was pregnant. She was curled up at the entrance of her burrow which was situated between the roots of an enormous tree.

F7 pondered for a moment. It was often said that fluffiness can heal the heart, and mama tanuki was veeery fluffy.

Perhaps beyond her motherness she could be used to rehabilitate Takahashi Ren with her cuteness overload.

F7 checked the infant’s status, and was relieved to find that she was healthy. That’s right, she. Takahashi Ren would be reborn as a fluffy little girl.

Is this his bad luck at work? F7 wondered amused. I mean… I could find a mother bearing a male child… but this is funnier.

They decided not to tally any longer and injected the system’s source code into Takahashi Ren’s soul. Then started up the Inter-dimensional Soul-transfer Apparatus to beam the target’s soul into his new body. The quantum computer threw a couple of queries at F7.

[Would you like to bind target ‘Takahashi Ren’s’ soul to target ‘Nameless unborn female tanuki’s’ body?]

“Yes.” The quantum computer naturally also had voice command.

[Would you like to merge target ‘Takahashi Ren’s’ soul with target ‘Nameless unborn female tanuki’s’ soul? Note: This will result in the more powerful soul gaining consciousness and a merging and recalculating of stats.]

“Yes.”

[Would you like target ‘Takahashi Ren’ to keep his past-life memories? Note: muscle memory will not transfer.]

“Yes.”

[Would you like to activate first person view through target ‘Takahashi Ren’s’ senses? Note: First person view can only be experienced via the Full Dive Immersion Capsule. WARNING! Full immersion isn’t advised as the target’s pain could shock and cause harm to user ID ‘Administrator F7’s’ body. Reduction of pain sensing is advised.]

“Yes. Reduce pain to 0.”

[Please assent to transferring target ‘Takahashi Ren’s’ soul into it’s new vessel. Would you like to transfer target ‘Takahashi Ren’s’ soul now?]

“Yes.”

[Launching in 3… 2… 1…]

[Target ‘Takahashi Ren’s’ soul has been launched.]

[Transferring soul 2%… 14%… 27%… 42%… 65%… 79%… 99%… 100%.]

[Transfer completed.]

[Loading soul 1%… 9%… 18%… 32%… 54%… 71%… 83%… 99%… 100%.]

[Loading completed.]

[Binding soul 1%… 11%… 19%… 31%… 59%… 70%… 82%… 98%… 100%.]

[Binding completed.]

[Merging souls 3%… 12%… 20%… 39%… 62%… 80%… 99%… 100%.]

[Merging completed.]

[Calculating new stats 2%… 10%… 19%… 38%… 57%… 73%… 91%… 100%.]

[Calculating completed. Would you like to see the results?]

“Yes. And start a new diary-file and record all data about the target. Set file name to 'Takahashi Ren observation diary’.”

F7 leaned back on his chair satisfied. The new stats turned out well, appropriate for a newborn’s body. They stretched, then got in the Full Dive Immersion Capsule, and got prepared to occupy Takahashi Ren’s mind for the foreseeable future.

 

This chapter has been updated - I missed a few words, and also needed to fix some grammar mistakes. Thanks for reading!

17