Chapter 2
69 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Besides doing homework, I take walks in a nearby forest most of the time. One of the few things I like is a peaceful walk between some trees. I don’t do many other things besides that. Most of the boys in my class are gaming in their spare time or go to one party after another, but not me. I’m planning to stay on the safe side of life, instead on living on the edge.

 

“I’m home!”

Nothing.

Guess my mother is buying groceries or something.

At least I have a placid house now. I throw my bag in the corner of the hall and walk towards the backroom. “my favourite place!” I yawned.

the backroom is, besides my bedroom, my own private ‘living room.’ it’s not really mine, but I’m the only one coming here so nobody minds it if I call it my room. I love spending some of my spare time here in this room. It’s comfy and messy and perfect for an average student like me. In the back of the room on the right side stands my computer and on the left a piano that I inherited from my grandpa when he passed away.

I’ve played it quite a while lately.

I guess it’s due to a lack of homework as well…

I stood there for about five minutes thinking about what I should do when I heard the hinges of the front door.

Mother is home. I walk back to the front room.

 

“and how was school today?” mother asked while she pulled some vegetables out of a bag. “It was nice.” I replied.

“what do we eat for dinner tonight?”

“I guess we’re eating chicken soup, if I can find… oh damn it! I forgot to buy bouillon for the soup. Can you get some at the store for me?”

I sighed but I agree because I like chicken soup and was actually pretty hungry.

At the same moment I put my coat on, my dad and my little sister came home. my sister is 2 years younger than me and is still in mid school. My dad works as the head cook of a famous restaurant. They both seem to be pretty hungry as well.

I guess I can’t waste time and I headed directly towards the store. Off we go.

 

 

The sun’s beginning to set as I walk down the street. It’s remarkably quiet outside. Now and then I hear a swish from a twig or the wings of a bird or bat. Shadows of trees and houses are dancing in the flickering light of a broken lantern. The uprising sounds of faraway thunderstorms making me walk a bit faster. Suddenly, seen from the corner of my left eye, a dark shadow shoots away between some trees. I freeze and turn around, but I see nothing suspicious. I think nothing of it so I move on.

“That’ll be 350 Yen, please. Thanks, and here is your change. Have a good evening, sir.”

Well, so far for social interaction…

I was on my way home when I saw the last sun rays touching the ground. Shadows became longer by the minute. Without a warning, a big shadow flows by from my right. I stop walking immediately and shiver.

“... What on earth…?” I’ll walk faster.

I don’t like this feeling at all. I finally arrive at my house, but what I see is a bit disturbing.

The door is open.

The light from the lamp in the hall shines outside and leaves a weird shadow in front of the front door.

2