Chapter 6
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Okay, okay.
First of all, who are you? Why are you here, why am I in a hospital and why doesn't the nurse respond to me?
-Hello??" I said to the nurse while waving my hand fiercely from left to right.

"There's no need to be afraid," explained the man in the suit.
"I'm not afraid, I just want to know who you are. Answer my questions or I will call someone. It's way past visiting time!"
I began to feel a bit tense about my situation.
A person I don't know is sitting on my bed, and on the other side, a nurse, in a heavy conversation with a doctor, not able to see me waving, nor the man in the suit sitting next to her.
"calm down, I'll tell you everything. Starting with the first question."

"I am Death itself. There's nothing more to say about me, you know the rest. And as I sad earlier, you are dead. Well, not quite dead yet, but you will be in 30 seconds."

Now that he mentioned it, It didn't felt like I was alive, but not dead either. Somewhere in between, but I couldn't fully understand this feeling.
And his explanation about being 'Death' is insane. What a stupid joke! This situation gets weirder by the second.

"That's the most frantic thing I've ever heard! Can you at least tell me why I'm here in this hospital?"
The man didn't seem to have any dangerous intentions, so I rejected the idea of asking who he was and asked for more information.

"You are here because you are critically injured."

"W- what? How? From what? Is it possible to call my parents? Is there-"
But the man in the suit interrupted my questions and sighed. "Guess those 30 seconds have been wasted. You are dying."
As those words reached my eardrums, I could see my body shaking and trembling, but I couldn't feel anything. Instead, I could see my own body from above, taking its last breath before it stopped moving. A high pitched sound from the equipment on the wall indicated that I died.

And there I was. Floating in the air, watching nurses and doctors using a defibrillator to restore a normal hearth rhythm. I could hear complete silence, which is not possible, but also the mumbling voices in the distance from the people that were trying to save my body.

"What, the actual fuck."
"hey, no swearing allowed here! What are you even doing up there? Come down here." the man in the suit said, with a sadistic, half sarcastic smile on his face.

I didn't know what the fuck was happening, but this man could see me. I'm mostly quick at understanding things, (unlike most protagonists in stories like this (cough Cough!)), so I noticed that I was indeed dead and this man didn't joke. I nodded, floated to the ground and surprisingly sat on the bed with ease.

"Okay, awkward silence there… hehe," the man said. "Sorry, I may not have warned you good enough. You ok?" he asked with this time a warm smile on his face.
"yeah, I think so. So… I'm really dead?"
"Yep."
"And… I presume you are death? I didn't expect you to look like this," I said, still not sure how I felt in this extremely weird situation.

"Ah! So you believe me now? Yes, I'm Death. The one and only."
He grinned and let out a deep sigh. He looked at me with a serious look and asked,
"I know this is very hard to understand and what you are going through right now must be confusing as hell, but I gotta ask you something. Do you wish to be alive? If so, I can arrange that. Of course, under a few conditions."

0