A Black Cat and Devil
120 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

Here is the next chapter of Shadow Light. Hope you share your feedback with me.

You can read next 10 chapters up to Chapter 27 now on my Patron page.

Search 'Blackinfinity 1289' on the Patron website to get started.

If any of you are interested in Harry Potter fanfics, check out my new story, Broken Shackles.

"Normal speech” people talking.

‘Normal thought' people thinking.

"Kurama/Dragons” Kurama or Dragons speaking.

Kurama/Dragon thought’ Kurama or Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/ Magic” is being used.

Enjoy.

Shadow Light

Chapter 20

A Black Cat and Devil

Days passed and everything went smoothly for our blonde hero. He appointed Roygun as Ninja Club's medical advisor which raised a few eyebrows in the Student Council and ORC which he didn't care about.

Roygun herself was very happy among the Ninjas Naruto was preparing and found a mate in Kazehana. The cherry blossom Devil got a good friend in his Rook and from what he heard from Kana, she told her about her Rook position and Roygun started drilling hard her after that.

'As soon as she joined, her experience became useful to me' thought a bored Naruto. He was going to check around the town to get a good feel of it when he felt something.

'Light magic? Here?' Thought Naruto.

"Oh, how interesting. Looks like the priests came to save the day and cleanse the town" chimed in Kurama.

"This is not funny, Kurama. If those 2 got wind of this, that may well lead to war" said Naruto in annoyance.

"Maybe. But they didn't. This is your chance, silence them" said Kurama in excitement.

"This is not a game, furball," said Naruto.

"For me, it is" rebuked the 10 tailed fox. Naruto sighed and teleported to the 2 signatures he sensed.

From their clothes, Naruto can't find anything. As they wore completely unrelated clothes. But on closer inspection, he saw the white edges of the priest's clothes and confirmed them to be the 2 troublemakers.

He changed his appearance to keep his identity secret as well. He wore a grinning fox-styled porcelain mask. With the rest of his Anbu uniform which consists of a black full bodysuit, a grey flak jacket, metal arm guards and gloves, three ninja pouches on his back-waist and a signature spiral tattoo on his left shoulder. His sword, Kagutsuchi, was strapped to his back.

Overall, Naruto just turned into an Anbu of Konoha but without his Headband. He wanted to wear it, but couldn't, as he was no longer in his world and didn't want to spread new ideas for idiots who may take things seriously.

The bigger change is his face and eyes. Instead of his sun-kissed blonde hair, Naruto changed it to blood red and his cerulean blue eyes which can't be seen through his mask turned into his mother's violet eyes.

"Halt, who are you and what are you doing here?" said Naruto in a monotone like how the Anbu does.

"Yikes. Cheat, we got discovered" yelled Trigger in excitement.

"So what? We can use our powers to escape. Make a barrier" said Cheado and Trigger hastily made a barrier. But Naruto already made a barrier to suppress their magic from Devil's detection.

"This is your last chance. Leave us. We'll let you live" said Cheado in a serious tone.

"Heh, he is nothing. What is with the costume? Are you trying to play Ninja?" Said Trigger with a mock laugh.

"Don't underestimate him, Trig. He is strong if he was behind us without alerting us"

"Is that some kind of Dog?"

"No dummy. It's definitely a cat"

Cheado and Trigger started to argue among themselves about the animal that was on Naruto's mask.

"Scum. How dare they not recognise my handsome face. Kill 'em" roared Kurama in anger.

"I guess this is what happens when you do lunatic things with your mask," said Naruto with a smile.

"Ok, you tell. Which is it?" Said Trigger.

"Um, it's a grinning fox"

"Damn it. I should have known"

"Ok, we'll be on our way as we are quite lost," said Cheado in a sombre tone.

"What? Don't you want to know about that blonde girl?" Said Trigger, scratching his head in confusion.

"Why do you have to spill the beans?" Shouted Cheado.

"Calm down. He doesn't know who the blonde is, right?" Asked Trigger with a proud smirk.

"Ya. But don't you think he is smart and can find out?" Asked Cheado and so, another discussion started between the 2. Meanwhile, Naruto chewed on the given information.

'Blonde, girl. Who is the blonde girl in this town other than me?' Thought Naruto?

As both of them are from church, they certainly knew of the Devils in the town. Then the blonde girl would be-? Naruto and Kurama came to the same conclusion simultaneously.

'Reni-chan?'

"You idiot. They are talking about Reni" said Kurama.

"Huh. Why will they be after Reni-chan?"

"Ask them," suggested Kurama.

"Right"

"Hey, are you after the blonde girl Lavinia Reni?" Asked the masked guy to the priests. Cheado and Trigger straightened at that.

"He figured it out. How?" Said Trigger in shock.

"No matter. We should silence him" said Cheado with determination.

"Right," said Trigger. The mood changed from jovial to serious in an instant and Naruto prepared himself and drew his sword. The sword was different from all the swords Cheado and Trigger ever saw.

It is a pitch-black katana with an extremely sharp edge. It has a yin-yang symbol in the crossguard which is in the shape of a circle with the kanji of 5 elements etched into it. It also had a black chain hanging from the handle.

Its handle has a red diamond pattern to them with the sword shining in the light. Cheado and Trigger thought they saw white teeth across the curved edge of the blade, laughing at them maniacally. The Katana is definitely intimidating.

Trigger summoned his Sacred Gear and a small gun came into his hand.

It is similar to an exorcist gun but in gold with no bullet rounds in it. Naruto noticed a symbol on the gun. It made it different from all other guns, but not much different for Naruto.

"Don't move. I'll kill you" said Trigger like a typical thief during a robbery.

"Idiot, are we here for a robbery? We should kill him" chastised Cheado.

"Well tried," said Naruto in a monotone. He wanted to deal with them and find out who hired them to go after Reni. He can leave and let the one who survived do that job for him. He will do that if his plan to kill them both fails.

With one smooth slash, Trigger's gun was cut in half. Both parts disintegrating into holy particles and dispersing.

"Holy shit. What the fuck did you do?" Shouted Trigger in anger.

"I released it from a scum's hands,'' said Naruto. He didn't need to do anything special to kill them and soon, Trigger was cut into pieces as well.

"Fuck that Devil. I value my life" said Cheado and vanished in a green portal. Naruto saw the Symbol, but couldn't recognise it. Not that he is in a hurry.

He'll deal with the scum that tried to go after his Reni-chan soon, but it depends on his mood and circumstances really.

"Doesn't this count as Devils stepping out of line?" Asked Kurama in a hungry tone.

"Yes. Well, as I promised Zekram, punishment awaits that Devil" said Naruto and vanished to Ninja Club House.

"Don't you want to give her a mission?" Asked Kurama and Naruto rose an eyebrow at that.

"Do you want to see her that badly?"

"Something like that. She is fun to have around"

"Oh, it seems your wish was granted, Kurama," said Naruto as he saw a black cat sitting on a couch in his office.

"You have balls of steel to come here, Kuroka," said Naruto to the black cat which changed its form.

Kuroka is a beautiful young woman with a voluptuous figure, long black hair with split bangs, and hazel-gold eyes with cat-like pupils.

She wore a black kimono, a yellow obi, a set of golden beads, and an ornately detailed headband. The kimono features a red interior and it is open at her shoulders, giving a good view to her large breasts.

"Ooh, it seems I got found," she said in a sing-song voice.

"I should get punished for this, Nya"

"Hold your horses, dear. Tell me why are you here?" Asked Naruto.

Out of all his girls, Kuroka is the only one who knew about his Senjutsu capabilities and mastery as Naruto found and healed her with Senjutsu. He can still remember the day.

Flashback Begin

When Naruto started cleaning the Nature chakra of this world, he understood its taint and bloodthirsty nature and started purifying it.

He would take in the Nature energy, purify it and release it into nature. Due to his large capacity, he can clean cities in days and the process continues. He started with Hiroshima and Nagasaki first following Yasaka's advice on history.

He would go to a city, clean it, and block the outside energy from entering in with a barrier and move on to another city to repeat the process.

Due to his high control on Senjutsu, none of the supernatural races was able to sense him or find him during the process. He often felt a spike in Senjutsu and would go to investigate them at random.

In one such circumstance, he went to a destroyed city to investigate the spike when he felt the use of Senjutsu.

Naruto got curious and watched from the shadows. He saw a beautiful young girl being chased by a few Devils with maniac glee and hunger.

She fought well and fend most of them away. But one managed to injure her from behind and she got a large gash on her arms as she tried to defend the attack from doing a fatal injury.

"I know you will heal if you are injured normally by that useless shit you used to kill my friend. That's why I used a special weapon imbued in Holy magic to injure you. I know unless someone who can use Holy magic comes, you can't escape because of your injury and we'll be down with you by then, filthy youkai, Kuroka" said the Devil in glee.

Naruto raised an eyebrow at that. 'How can a devil use Holy weapons and not get injured themselves?' He thought. Naruto observed him closely.

He looks like a normal Devil with Tan skin and black hair. He wears a striped doublet with alternating dark and light purple sections separated by white lines. The long sleeves have lace at the wrists. He also wears a pair of trunk hose that has a similar pattern as his doublet, as well as a pair of white tights and dark purple shoes. Overall, he wears a fur-lined, green coat that covers his body, leaving only his face and blue eyes to be seen.

He doesn't look particularly aristocratic, but Naruto felt something strong in him. 'A sacred gear?' Thought Naruto. He got this familiar feeling around the devil.

'Dragon-type as well. Let's observe him closely' thought Naruto and moved closer to the man in the shadows. On closer inspection, his hands had a glove-like thing that held a Holy sword in them.

'Twice Critical? Interesting' thought Naruto. This piqued his interest and he continued observing.

"I went to great lengths to have this glove. I can't have anyone interrupt now, can I? After I'm done with you, I'll report you to Devil higher-ups and that gives enough credit to push me, Ivon Seere to Ultimate Class" said the man with a maniacal laugh.

Kuroka saw the glove in the man's hand with such hatred, which made the man laugh in joy.

"Are you thinking of how I got this, bitch? Let me tell you. I found out about this Sacred Gear from few of my associates. They told me about how the holder was killed and this was being sold for the highest bidder and got interested.

I went there, paid for them. It cost me a small fortune. But I thought it was nothing compared to getting my sweet revenge on you, bitch.

They are very useful and I should thank the fool who lost them. But that is another matter completely. Twice Critical, what a useful thing it became to me" said Ivon and started to move closer to Kuroka.

'Twice Critical. It looks like a gauntlet that manifests on the user's arm, leaving the wielder's fingers uncovered. The colour of the Twice Critical appears to differ between users.

Twice Critical is a common Sacred Gear that doubles the power of the user for a certain time' is what Naruto knew about the Sacred Gear. It is considered an inferior version of Ddraig's Boosted Gear.

Naruto saw the upcoming events with interest. He knew Kuroka was not out for the count yet as he could sense a small build-up of Senjutsu in the surroundings. As Ivon moved closer, a purple mist started forming around the area.

"What? You can still move. I'll kill you" yelled Ivon and moved closer to Kuroka as the Sacred Gear doubled his speed and strength, he managed to slash her across her waist.

"Kekekekeke. Now I'll see how you'll move" said Ivon and watched in glee as Kuroka started to limp.

"Yes, yes. Just like that. Come, I'll show you heaven" he yelled and soon he approached her and tried to catch her hair only for her to vanish into mist?

"You think I'm down? Foolish Devil. Now face my wrath" came the voice of Kuroka and a blue fire light Ivon.

"No, no. Stop. I can't breathe. I feel like I'm being burnt. Mercy, mercy" he pleaded only for all his pleas to fall on deaf ears as Kuroka intensified fire and burned him alive.

"Nya. That was difficult" she said aloud and sighed in relief. She heard a clapping sound and turned in the direction to see a blonde man walking towards her.

She felt his power and even in her weakened state, she felt the unlimited power from the man. 'Is he God?' Was the thought of Kuroka when she saw him. She felt a burning sensation and looked at her hands which were burning with green fire.

"Senjutsu?" She asked, confused. Contrary to what people may think in this world, Senjutsu can be used to heal as well and as a master, Naruto knows how to heal with Senjutsu.

"Yes. That was a well-thought strategy" appreciated Naruto. She got a brilliant idea and asked him without hesitation.

"Hmm, ok. You feel strong. I want babies. Make babies with me" she asked him bluntly. Naruto didn't expect that but replied nonetheless.

"Babies? Now. Nah. I'm currently enjoying myself and when I get interested in them, you'll be the first woman I'll call" he said nonchalantly. Kuroka didn't expect that. But agreed with it either way as she doesn't have any other option or strength in her to argue.

"I'll be leaving then. I can't rest as you saw I have a lot of enemies" she said and was about to go when Naruto stopped her.

"Kuroka Toujou, SS-class stray Devil. 2 bishop pieces. Am I correct?" asked Naruto. This sent a chill through her body.

She can estimate Naruto's strength from the level of mastery he had in Senjutsu and that spelt one thing for her, trouble. She responded quickly by jumping back, creating some distance between them.

"What if it is?" She asked in a serious tone.

"Nothing. Just got curious" said Naruto nonchalantly. This caught her off guard. 'He is changing colours faster than a chameleon. I can't get a good grasp on him' thought Kuroka.

"Hungry?" Asked Naruto. She denied. But her stomach grumbled making clear that she was hungry.

"Do you like Ramen?" Asked Naruto with a smile and offered a cup of freshly cooked Ramen he got from somewhere. She took it and observed it doubtfully.

"If I wanted to kill you, I would have done it while I was healing you. Now eat. It won't be good if it went cold" he said and started eating from another cup. She also dug in and asked for another serving. She ate 10 full servings and gave a satisfied smile after that.

"Nothing is better than a hot Ramen in the belly," said Naruto, patting his belly. Kuroka agreed with that.

"Care to share your story now?" He asked and she shared everything without lying or hiding the truth.

"So from what you said, you were accused of killing your master. But you killed him because he tried to experiment on your sister. You escaped and now they found you and we are here" concluded Naruto.

"Nya. If you put it so bluntly, I guess that's there to it" grumbled Kuroka.

"Can we make babies now?" She asked in a hopeful tone.

"No. Didn't I tell you I'll call you when I want to? Why are you obsessed with babies anyway?" He asked curiously?

"I am a Nekoshou, a special variant of Nekomata. We are said to be high-level Youkai species capable of mastering both Youjutsu and Senjutsu. You can say we have a special talent for them.

Our race is on the brink of extinction right now as I and my sister are the only 2 known to me. I'm trying to make babies so that we can grow back our previous numbers" said Kuroka sadly.

"Well, that's a sad story. But don't worry. I'll help you to bring back your species" said Naruto and she got a hopeful look in her eyes.

"But as I said, not now. I'll tell you when I'm ready. If you can't wait, you can search for someone else" offered Naruto.

"Nya. That's a cruel method. You gave me a good taste of your Senjutsu and now you want me to search for someone else? Nyah~. I'm not searching. You're going to be the father of my babies" spoke Kuroka with determination.

"I guess you have to wait then," said Naruto.

"I'll," she said but got a doubtful look.

"Why doubtful?"

"I don't know I'll be alive till then"

"Hmm. Yea. The bounty. Well, I'll protect you till then" said Naruto, dropping the bomb.

"What?"

"I told you I'll protect you. You can do whatever you want. I'll protect you from anyone. If you trust me, come with me" said Naruto. He offered her a hand as he stood up. Kuroka stared at him in shock.

'Did he just offer me his protection? Who is this guy?' Was her thought before she absentmindedly took his hand. She felt a familiar feeling of teleportation and was in a luxurious room in a house.

"Where are we?" Asked Kuroka in confusion.

"Lilith"

"What! You brought me to the Devil's capital?" She exclaimed in horror. The doubt of the guy being one of her hunters increased.

"Calm down. I brought you here just to show you this place. You can come here anytime as no one lives here and can call me with this magic circle if you're in a pinch" said Naruto and gave her his magic circle which is in the form of the Uzumaki Swirl.

Rest is history. She started doing some odd jobs and shady things to keep herself busy and got an offer to join the Khaos Brigade and took it after consulting Naruto.

You can say she is his spy in the organisation. That's why he knew about the structure and details of the rogue organisation.

Flashback End

"I'm here to check up on the father of my babies," said Kuroka with a teasing smile.

"I'm fine. How is Khaos Brigade going? Everything good I guess" asked Naruto.

"I'm here on duty you see," she said with a smile as she walked towards him and jumped on him, throwing both of them on the couch.

"Oh? Who sent you?" Asked Naruto. He knew of her role as a member of Team Vali. Vali is this generation's White Dragon Emperor who awakened and was trained by Azazel just like him.

However, Azazel adopted Vali as his foster son. From what Naruto knew, Azazel doesn't know Vali's membership in the Khaos Brigade.

"Ophis. I think you know her?" Asked Kuroka, making circles on his chest.

"Heard of her. Didn't meet personally. Why, is she interested in me or something?" Asked Naruto with a teasing smile?

"Maybe, maybe not. She is searching for a Dragon"

"Dragon? Which one might it be?"

"The Shadow Dragon, Skiadrum," said Kuroka. The temperature in the room dropped. Kuroka stared directly into Naruto's eyes and asked in a serious tone.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Didn't tell what?" Asked Naruto innocently.

"About the Shadow Dragon part"

"What makes you suspect me?"

"Don't act. I know how masterful you are in using Senjutsu. It wouldn't be impossible for you to hide your Draconic Aura from my senses" she accused him.

"Interesting. You are accusing me now, Kuroka-chan" said Naruto with a faux hurt tone.

"Don't try to change the topic and act innocent. Tell me, isn't it true? Aren't you the Shadow Dragon Emperor?"

"Well, I guess it's been a long time since I got found hiding something. Yes. I'm the Shadow Dragon Emperor, the holder of Abyss Shadow" said Naruto as the surroundings in the room changed and Kuroka sensed someone staring at her from all sides.

"Why did you hide it?" She asked in a mock hurt tone. She knew Naruto wouldn't tell her all his secrets on their first meeting.

Even now, she is not hurt but disappointed that she was not told about this. That's why she confronted him now. If not for Ophis talking about it, she wouldn't have confronted Naruto on this matter.

"Where is the fun in telling you everything?" Asked Naruto with a teasing smile.

"That's it?" She asked in shock.

"Yup. What did you expect? A long-secret?"

"Nyah. That's cheating" whined Kuroka.

"I think we both have different meanings of cheating, dear," said Naruto.

"I have a small task for you," said Naruto, and Kuroka nodded in acknowledgement.

"I want you to find the master of this fool," said Naruto and showed her the image of Cheado with a magic circle.

"What for?" She asked curiously.

"Well, that foolish idiot is trying to get Reni-chan"

"Reni? That ice girl?" Asked Kuroka.

"Yup"

"Kuroka, do you know anything about the King Piece?" Asked Naruto curiously.

"The King Piece? What is it? Never heard of it" she replied in a plain tone.

"That's another thing I should investigate when I go to the Underworld"

"When are you going then?"

"This summer. You see, Jiraiya-sensei will be allocated Territory there. So I'll be with him" he said simply with a smile.

"What! Why live with him? Don't you have a mansion already?" She asked, confused.

"Come on, don't be dumb. If I say I have a mansion, then questions of when I bought them and how I bought it will come. Do you think that is good?" He asked rhetorically.

"Oops, my bad," she said in an unconvincing way.

"By the way, when do you plan to reincarnate me as one of your Evil pieces?"

"Oh, the news spread that far? Did anyone put any bounties on my head?"

"Well, a few tried, but as no one knew much about you, they didn't anyone interested. But Jiraiya got some" said Kuroka. That is one of the secrets he kept from her.

"On the day I reincarnate you, I'll tell you one more secret," said Naruto.

"Another one? How many did you hide?" She asked in an exasperated tone.

"Quite a few I guess"

"As a punishment, you are going to satisfy me," she asked with a lustful smile.

"Ok. But no babies" said Naruto and like that, Naruto teleported them to his house and they were at it the whole day. Meanwhile, Naruto's clone replaced him in his club and did other activities on his behalf.

Astaroth Territory, Underworld

Cheado barely managed to escape with his life in hand. He can understand what happened to his friend and partner, Trigger.

'The Church has lost a good exorcist' thought Cheado as he made his way to his master.

"Cheado? You have been quick. Tell me, what did you find about the girl?" asked Diodara in a pleased tone.

"My Lord, I have managed to salvage what I could and I hope it pleases you," said Cheado and started explaining the details he got on Reni.

"Her name is Lavinia Reni, a first-year student in Kuoh High. Due to the presence of Gremory and Sitri, I was not able to enter the school building.

But from what I observed, she is with this guy named Naruto and goes around with him like a Queen in Peerage terms. But I don't know the exact details.

She goes to the Ninja Club with him, where several other girls train. I don't know much about this Naruto person as I only managed to hear his name once. That's all" said Cheado and concluded his report.

"Naruto. I heard that name. When?" Thought Diodara aloud.

"I think it was the name of the New Hybrid" came a female voice. Cheado turned to see a beautiful young woman with silvery pink hair and gold eyes walking towards them.

She is wearing a white dress that covers most of her body and a blue reverse flower-like cover on top of it with yellow endings. She has green gems stitched at her neck, elbows and wrists.

"Mari. What made you come here?" Asked Diodora.

"Lord and Lady Astaroth have asked for your presence, my Lord" replied Mari. Mari or Mariana Trent is a former member of the Church who was 'enlightened' by the kind-hearted Diodara and 'chose' to follow him.

Most, if not all of Diodara's peerage were former members of the church. He trained them to be his pleasurable servants and nothing more. They are strong, but were corrupted to the core by Diodara.

They remain neutral in anything that is to do with their King and his business. Talks only when it is necessary. Like in the present situation.

"New hybrid, you say? Inquired Diodora.

"Yes. My lord" she replied neutrally.

"Cheado, is he the one you saw around her?" Asked Diodara and an image of Naruto is projected through a magic circle.

"Yes, My lord. He is the one she is following"

"What are the chances that she is his Queen?" Pondered Diodara.

"Rather High, my lord" answered Cheado.

"Well, I guess I should pay a visit to my 'friends' and know about him then," said Diodara with an evil smirk. Cheado was dismissed and he promptly vanished from the place.

'What an evil Devil. I pray for the girl's fate' thought Cheado. Poor fellow, he didn't realise how much danger he put his master in.

And Cut.

That’s it for this chapter folks.

Check out the new story covers I made and tell me your opinion.

See ya in the next chapter.

Suggestions are welcome.

RR.

Black Infinity1289,

Ja Ne.

4