The Real Queen
136 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

Here is the next chapter of Shadow Light. Hope you share your feedback with me.

You can read next 5 chapters up to Chapter 27 now on my Patron page.

Search 'Blackinfinity 1289' on the Patron website to get started.

"Normal speech” people talking.

‘Normal thought' people thinking.

"Kurama/Dragons” Kurama or Dragons speaking.

Kurama/Dragon thought’ Kurama or Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/ Magic” is being used.

Enjoy.

Shadow Light

Chapter 22

The Real Queen

"Naruto, close your eyes," yelled Ajuka from the magic circle, but before he could say anything, the connection was cut because of a large magic spike and Ajuka didn't know what happened to Naruto and Miya.

Naruto sensed the danger before Ajuka could even say as he was close to the statue and covered both Miya and himself in a Shadow barrier.

He activated his Rinnegan to get a good picture of what was going and was shocked to see what was in front of him.

"Naruto, are you alright?" Asked Kurama as he activated his Rinne-Sharingan to get a good view of what was going on. His connection with Naruto was suddenly disconnected. Kurama feared the worst and acted immediately.

"What the hell is that?" Yelled Kurama in shock. In front of them, on the altar was a person. Definitely a female. She appears to be in her early 20s and has long purple hair. Her pink eyes were glowing as if made of crystals. She is a tall woman standing at 5 and half feet and wears a black polo neck top, long black sleeves, cut off black legging with magenta armour to the legs, and black shoes.

She had a confused expression on her face as Naruto stared into her glowing eyes, mesmerised. Mesmerized by the holy magic she was giving off and her cute, confused expression.

"Who-who are you?" She asked in Greek. This confused Naruto. As he learned all languages, he can distinguish any language he heard.

That would not be possible in the case of all the supernatural beings as they have some type of universal translator. They only understand and speak them, but can't differentiate the language like Naruto.

"Where am I?" Asked the woman in a confused tone.

"Hello, miss. My name is Naruto." introduced Naruto in Greek. The glow in her eyes increased as if trying to intimidate Naruto.

"Where am I?" She asked cautiously. The holy magic creating a radiant shield around her.

"To be frank, you are in the Underworld," said Naruto. The woman in front of him was shocked.

"Wh-" she was cut off as she gripped her chest tightly as if running out of breath and started taking large gulps of air. Her skin turning pale and her body started to emit steam.

"Hey, what happened?" Asked Naruto. He bent to check her vitals. Her vitals were fluctuating.

'What is going on.?' Thought Naruto in a panic. Though he doesn't know her, his helping nature and something else is telling him to help her.

"Naruto, her soul. Her soul is being ejected from this world," said Kurama as he can see it because of his Rinne-Sharingan.

"What do you mean by that?" Asked Naruto in alarm.

"I can't give you a correct answer, but her body and soul doesn't belong to this world, Naruto," said Kurama in conclusion in a sombre tone.

"Do you mean she is like us?" Asked Naruto in realisation.

"Maybe. Maybe not. But she needs something to keep her anchored here." said Kurama. Naruto's brain started to work in overdrive. An anchor. An anchor to keep her hooked to this world so that she can live. Were his thoughts.

His mind gave him the only possibility. The Evil Pieces. His Evil Pieces. They being bonded to him, can create a bond between them and make her suitable to live in this world.

"By my name, take life in this world and be reborn as you like as my Rook," said Naruto. His Rook piece flew into her and a bright golden light flashed in the empty space in the Underworld.

Generally, acceptance of another party is needed to reincarnate them using an evil piece. But since Naruto is in a hurry to rescue her, he disregarded and his Rook piece was accepted into her.

Earth shook and golden light radiated in the surrounding empty area. All the holy magic that was erratically dispersed in the area came to her and took form.

Miya had managed to cut through all the light and saw the spectacle in awe. She saw Naruto do so many amazing things, but this…this is different entirely.

"I, Medusa, accept to be the Rook of my saviour and master, Lord-Naruto." Replied now named Medusa, in a medical voice. The flash dimmed to show a heavenly beauty.

She is still the same woman, but her beauty and the holy aura around her magnified to show a heavenly form. With skin-tight black clothes and golden eyes, she graced her blessing to everything in the vicinity.

Naruto can see a pair of daggers with a grey finish to them behind Medusa. It is a new addition to her appearance which mostly remained the same.

The daggers have a black handle and a short blade attached to a long chain that has a ring at the end as if to catch and grip it. There are small spikes here and there on it, but nothing much can be understood just from its look. It only added to her beauty.

"So your name is Medusa. Can you tell me where are you from?" Asked Naruto. As she is now reincarnated, she can understand any language in the world.

"My lord, from what I remember, I was a servant named Medusa of the raider class," she said in a doubtful tone.

"Raider class servant? Do they have other classes like an assassin, knight etc?" Asked a confused Naruto.

"Naruto, I'm sure she is from another dimension just like us," said Kurama in finality.

"Ask her what her last memory was. We may get an answer for it," suggested Kurama.

"What is your last memory, Medusa?"

"My last memory?" She asked, at Naruto's nod, she started to think.

"Um, I felt being sucked into something, like a hole? That's it, I don't know anything else," she said in a disturbed tone, not able to reply to her master completely.

"Ok. That's enough for me. Let me introduce you to my Knight." said Naruto and retracted the Shadow wall that was hiding Miya from Medusa's magic until Naruto reincarnated her.

"Miya-chan, this is Medusa. Medusa, this is Miya-chan, my Knight" introduced Naruto and while Miya nodded, Medusa bowed her head in respect.

"It is a pleasure meeting you, Ms Miya," said Medusa in respect. Miya felt awkward for a moment but nodded in appreciation.

"Let's go. I think our work here is done. Medusa, follow me." said Naruto and all of them vanished in a magic circle. They appeared in Naruto's residence in Lilith.

After they settled, Naruto started to ask Medusa more about where she is from and what else she could remember and that went on for a while.

With Ajuka

Ajuka was on edge as he doesn't know what happened to Naruto and how the hell she got there of all places. This suspense is killing his inner scientist as he always had the urge to find answers to everything.

He knew Naruto will be safe as he is confident in the blonde's abilities to save his skin and capacity to do so. His worry was about the woman he saw in the magic circle.

After all, she was once a prominent Goddess in Greek mythology, though she is no longer had that prominence, she is an important figure nonetheless. He knew he couldn't trust his eyes in this case and tested that image again and again.

The resemblance was uncanny. He thought of reporting this to the Elder Council or Sirzechs but was waiting to get the full scope of what was going on from the troublesome blonde who didn't reply.

Meanwhile, In Elder Council Chambers

The Elders of Devil Hierarchy have assembled to decide upon one more aspect relating to Jiraiya.

For Zekram, this has become a pain in the ass. As it seems his brethren are not satisfied with giving Jiraiya High-Class status.

"Silence. Zekram-sama coming." said the assistant. Zekram walked into his seat on the podium and everyone sat after he settled in.

"Start the proceedings," ordered Zekram and a member stood up.

"My Lord, we are here to discuss Jiraiya-sama's request regarding his territory,"

"Yes. As a High-Class Devil, he should be given the minimum amount of territory. Why are you bringing up here? Isn't it an administrative thing?" Asked Zekram, confused. Every High-class will have their own territory. This applies even more for reincarnated devils as they don't have any clan to get support from.

"Yes, sir. But Jiraiya-sama has requested otherwise and his student Naruto Uzumaki has also requested a special one. We couldn't find an answer but to convene here." he explained elaborately.

At the mention of Naruto's name, Zekram's interest peaked as the old man has some personal interest and need for the blonde.

"What is their request?"

"Jiraiya-sama requests to have small territory in all pillar houses territory while Mr Naruto is of the opinion to have it in the unoccupied part of the Underworld," said the member of Sitri house.

"Huh? Does Jiraiya want to have small territory in all pillar houses? What do the pillar houses say?" Questioned Zekram. That was a peculiar request he had ever heard of.

Pillar Houses always had their territory even when the Underworld is ruled by Original Satans, however, the area of the territory depends upon how close you are to the Satans.

But after their victory in the Devil Civil War, all Pillar houses got more territory and then some more as a part of the agreement they made for their support in the War.

"The Pillar houses have agreed for the most part. Bael, Gremory, Sitri, Phenex and Agares are first to agree and then some followed. We have 70% assent in all Pillars, my Lord" explained the assistant.

"If they don't have any objection, I don't think it is good to reject it. Approved." Said Zekram and there was a big round of applause.

It seems Jiraiya has promised some new book releases as a bonus on getting his territory. 'Freaking perverts.' Thought Zekram and moved on with other topics.

Naruto knew that they wouldn't give him what he wanted if he asked on his name. That's why he used his trump card of Jiraiya's name to get what he wanted.

Though he had created Jiraiya's character for fun when he came here, he has become such a popular figure that Naruto had to maintain him and is willing to.

After some time

Ajuka's lab, Underworld

Ajuka was biting his nails off because of all the suspense when he sensed a magic circle opening and gave a sigh of relief. That was Naruto coming with 2 Women?

He knew the first one as Naruto just introduced her to him before his mission, but the second one had a resemblance to the image he saw. 'Is she?' Thought Ajuka his eyes widening in realisation.

No doubt, she is her. The deity he was about to warn Naruto about. But one thing plagued his mind, why are her eyes open and nothing is happening to him?

"Yo, Ajuka. It seems you are enjoying yourself." Said Naruto with a smile.

"Enjoying? In what angle did you find that?" Ajuka asked rhetorically.

"Chill, man. Come, I have some things to discuss." Said Naruto and they both walked into the meeting area of his lab.

Ajuka gave a warning look to the blonde which screamed 'be serious' and with a smile, Naruto started speaking.

"Firstly, you are correct about her identity. This is Medusa. The same Medusa you think of." Explained Naruto.

"And, I have already reincarnated her into my Rook." Said Naruto with a smirk and the sentence hit Ajuka like holy water. His body jerked back because of the shock.

"WHAT!?" yelled Ajuka.

"Didn't I tell you I'll take the source away?" Asked Naruto.

"Ya. But I didn't expect you to reincarnate her."

"What can I do? She is the source and the artefact you told might be her weapon."

"Okay. But I want to know how she got there."

"I already tried it, but she couldn't remember anything. She just remembers her name as Medusa and nothing about the world except about hole." Finished Naruto.

"A hole? As in a wormhole? Like the dimensional gap?" Asked Ajuka.

"Maybe. She couldn't recall it and I don't want to pressure her." Said Naruto with finality.

"I can understand. What do you plan on doing with her?"

"Not decided. We'll see what happens."

"That may be for the best. I forgot to inform you, we are going to announce something big to the Underworld next week and I want you to be present there," said Ajuka. Naruto raised an eyebrow at that.

'Something big? What could it be?'

"Maybe they had decided to declare Jiraiya as their new Ruler." joked Kurama.

"That was a fun idea, but I think that's not going to happen...any time soon. If it is, Jiraiya will be informed of it, right?"

"Or they have found Jiraiya's meeting with Katerea." Said Kurama with a hungry smirk.

"Always battle for you, Kurama. Think of something good for once." Chastised Naruto. His companions battle crazy is second to none, always wanting to fight.

"Maybe that Red Devil will confess something?" Suggested Kurama in doubt.

"Hmm, that's an interesting idea. But let's wait. We should go to Sona after that. I'll spend some time with Serafall."

"Ooh. That is going to be fun." Said Kurama.

"Be at Gremory Estate by 10." Said Ajuka. From what Naruto understood, Devils take their title as beings of darkness literally as they plan all things during the night.

They will enjoy nighttime more than any other race as even newly reincarnated devils can enjoy at night. The same applies to this as well. The announcement is going to be made at 10 pm local time.

"Kay, Ajuka. Ja Ne." Said Naruto and vanished into his magic circle to his house in Lilith.

Meanwhile, In Gremory Estate

The atmosphere in the Gremory estate is that of festive nature. Every member of the family is excited about the announcement and are enjoying the semblance of peace they had as they knew after the announcement, many guests are going to visit them.

"Ria-chan, how are you doing?" Asked Sirzechs with a large smile seeing his sister in the Gremory Estate.

"Nii-sama. I'm good. How is Mili-kun?" Asked Rias, hugging her brother?

"He is great, Rias-chan." Replied a female voice that belongs to Rias's sister-in-law, Sara Gremory née Nebiros, Real Queen of Sirzechs Lucifer's peerage.

"Sara-Nee-sama. How are you doing?" Asked Rias to her sister-in-law whom she calls a sister as she used to call it from her childhood.

"I'm good, Rias. How are your studies going?" Asked Sara with a smile? Sara loves Rias as her eldest child as Rias often acts like a child, even now. They share a unique relationship though.

"My studies are good, nee-sama. But other areas need improvement." Said Rias, remembering the spar she had with Naruto.

"Oh? What could they be? Does my Ria-chan have someone in mind? Does-" Sirzechs went on a tangent talking about anything and everything he could think of.

"He is quite a handful sometimes. Anyway, what areas are you talking about?" Asked Sara curiously.

"I want to ask Nii-sama for some tips about my PoD. In my recent spar with Naruto, I lost badly."

"Is this Naruto that new Hybrid reincarnated with Jiraiya-sama?"

"Yes. He has a strong Sacred gear with an intellect to match its capabilities."

"Did you try to reincarnate him into your side or something?" Asked Sara, reading Rias's thoughts.

"I would have, but Sona didn't agree as they both have quite a unique situation." Said Rias, cheering up after remembering Sona's and Naruto's predicament.

"Do share, Ria-chan." Said Sirzechs, coming to the real world sometime during Sara's and Rias' conversation.

"I don't think that would be good, Nii-sama. If you tell Serafall-sama about this, she'll kill the blonde." Said Rias. Sirzechs and Sara raised an eyebrow at that.

'Serafall killing Naruto for this? What could it be?' Thought Sirzechs.

'Is it that serious? I don't remember many things that can tik Serafall except it is related Sona and-" they both got the same realisation.

"Don't tell it is related to Sona's life!" They exclaimed in Unison.

"Aha. Yup. Exactly." Said Rias with a victorious smirk.

"I pity him." Said Sara. Thinking about how Serafall will absolutely destroy this Naruto person.

Sirzechs didn't comment. As he knows the full scope of Naruto's Sacred gear and his cunning mind, he is thinking of a scenario where a big fight like that can be resolved.

'If Naruto and Serafall were to fight at full strength, Satan forbid, that is going to be the biggest disaster after our Civil war.' Thought Sirzechs. The collateral damage is enough to destroy the Underworld.

"Nii-sama, can you tell me some tips on how to use PoD?" Asked Rias with a cute face. Sirzechs was elated at that and replied in a joyous tone.

"Of course, Ria-chan. What do you want to know?"

"I want to know how to channel it across my body and how to improve my control."

"Why sudden interest though?"

"I, Sona and Naruto spared some time ago. He absolutely destroyed me and Sona. First, we tried one on one. Next combined hand to hand and-" Rias explained everything that happened during their spar. Sirzechs and Sara listened to it carefully to give her any suggestions but one thing piqued Sirzechs interest.

"When I blasted a few PoD blasts at him, he used Wood magic to nullify it. It seems he knows the weaknesses of our PoD." Said Rias. Sirzechs mind stopped abruptly at that.

'Did Naruto find the weakness of our Power of Destruction, the fabled ability of the Bael Clan?' Thought Sirzechs.

Though he knows if the PoD is more potent, any wood magic can't stop it as it instantly vaporises the magic in the defence as well.

The PoD is viewed as the strongest magic for the same reason. If the user is strong enough, PoD can create a gap in space as well. That is why no one dared to stand up against the Bael clan and challenge their power.

Sirzechs wrote it off as a coincidence as he knew Jiraiya would never betray their faction and that also applied for the blonde.

Moreover, Naruto has Azazel's guarantee that made Sirzechs relax and listen to his sister happily. They reached the dining area. Their parents are already present, with maids arranging everything on the table.

"Ah, Sirzechs, Rias, Sara. We are waiting for you." Said Zeoticus Gremory, the current Lord of House Gremory.

Zeoticus has the appearance of a middle-aged, handsome looking man with long crimson red hair that is tied in a loose ponytail with a black hairband. He has bright blue eyes just like his two children, Sirzechs and Rias Gremory. He also has a short and red beard or stubble. He wore a royal white suit with gold edges and a black shirt inside.

"Don't make them feel bad, dear," said Venelana Gremory, jerking her husband. She is the Lady of House Gremory but was born in the Bael family and is the sister of current Lord Bael.

Venelana looks very much like her Rias with shorter flaxen hair and violet eyes much like the natural-born members of the Bael Clan. She appears around the same age as her son, Sirzechs, as in her early to mid-twenties.

Similar to her husband, she also wore a white dress but has 2 necklaces, one has 3 rubies in it while the is a star-shaped necklace with a long string.

"Mother, Father. It's been so long." Said Rias and hugged them. They returned it as any parent does.

"It's good to see you home, dear." Said Venelana and they sat for dinner.

"How are the arrangements for the announcement going?" Asked Zeoticus.

"They are going well, father. I informed Lord-Zekram about this and he agreed that this was the right time." Said Sirzechs.

"Are you sure, Zechs? This is a big thing after all." Asked Venelana.

"I think it's been kept a secret for more than necessary time, mother. I know Grayfia doesn't feel much about it, but I don't want to keep her freedom away from her anymore." Replied Sara in place of Sirzechs.

She also calls Venelana and Zeoticus mother and father because she is with them for more time than she had spent with her parents.

"I suppose that is true. What do you feel, Grayfia?" Asked Venelana? Grayfia always has this strict and disciplinary demeanour, it is difficult to understand her sometimes.

"I'm happy to serve House Gremory, my Lady. You took me in when I didn't have anybody." Replied Grayfia in a neutral tone.

As she is on duty, she talks neutrally. If she is off duty, she will be more relaxed to talk to.

"Oh, dear. Even after all these years, you still speak as if you don't belong here, fia-chan." Said Venelana with a teasing smile. Grayfia didn't reply but continued serving.

"We'll see how she feels after the announcement, mother." Said Sara. Sara knew all of Grayfia's problems because of the label as the strongest Queen. She should always meet the expectations of others, which Sara wanted her best friend to be released from.

"Naruto is coming to the announcement as well." Said Sirzechs looking for any reaction from Rias and Grayfia.

"Damn. I should prepare myself. Nii-sama, we are going start training from tomorrow." Said Rias with determination. Venelana raised an eyebrow at the sudden determination in Rias. But stayed quiet.

Grayfia didn't reply, but Sirzechs saw a small jerk in her posture which she instantly corrected. Sirzechs smiled happily. 'At last, someone made her react.' Thought Sirzechs.

He also knows the burden his position puts on her. He wanted to announce this sooner, but they didn't get any chance to do it. But they got the perfect chance now and he is not going to leave it.

"Naruto? Is he that Hybrid?" Asked Zeoticus curiously.

"Yes, father. I told Ajuka to invite him as well, as Jiraiya-sama will be here." Said Sirzechs.

"He is an interesting choice to be chosen for the experiment, Zechs." Said Venelana.

"Yes, mother. He is strong as well. Ajuka found a diamond in the rough." Said Sirzechs. This piques his parent's interest.

Sirzechs doesn't call anyone strong unless they are at least Ultimate Class. So him calling Naruto strong made their minds run fast.

"Care to share his secret?" Asked Zeoticus with a friendly smile. When he saw a request for a transfer student, he considered Naruto to be a normal human.

But his transfer into Kuoh gave him a once in a millennia opportunity and the blonde showed his sharp mind there. He asked to be Kuoh's overseer in return to participate in the experiment and Ajuka didn't have any choice but to agree.

When this was informed to him, he was furious. How can someone become an overseer of his territory without his prior approval? But Ajuka explained everything and he had to agree at the end.

As everything is for Jiraiya-sama. He loves the man and his literature. He is tied for second place with Lord Sitri in the unofficial collection contest held among the current Lords of every pillar house.

"That's not my secret to share, father." Said Sirzechs in a polite tone. After a fine dinner, everyone dispersed into their rooms, preparing for the upcoming announcement in their way.

Grayfia was the most excited of all. Though she didn't see her work and role as a burden, it certainly has its toll on her and after centuries of acting as the Strongest Queen, she can't wait for the day all her responsibilities be taken off from her by her best friend.

'I can't wait to smack Serafall around like in the old days' thought Grayfia with a fond smile. They used to fight a lot as both of them use Ice Magic. A contest of superiority was raging among them since they first met.

After they got their respective positions, they had to stop their contest. She is excited to reignite that spirit and enjoy herself fully.

She thought about the blonde teen Sirzechs talked about. Though she controlled herself when she went with Ajuka, she felt a strong pull towards him. She doesn't know why, but she felt it.

With all the freedom she is going to get and thoughts about the blonde who disturbed her mind, Grayfia went to sleep.

A Week Later, Gremory Estate

Everyone gathered around the vast gardens of the Gremory estate for the big announcement. Sirzechs invited some and almost all of them were high ranking officials of Devil Hierarchy and some close friends.

Zekram, the rest of 4 Maou and most Lords and Ladies of the devil houses were present in the backyard patiently waiting for big announcements, while most of the Underworld were watching it live through the Devil Tube.

Jiraiya can be seen talking with some of the males present. While Naruto, Sona with Reni and Tsubaki can be seen chatting to the side.

As he didn't want to introduce Miya as his peerage member to everyone yet, he brought Reni as his companion cum escort. Miya was saddened but brightened to be the escort for Jiraiya. Medusa didn't know anything and so she kept quiet.

All the attention was on 2 people. One is Jiraiya and the other is Serafall. Serafall is bouncing around the gardens like a ball and can be seen talking with excitement to everyone.

"I didn't think they invited you." Said Sona, dressed in high-class robes like an Heiress.

"I didn't get an invitation till last week. What is all this about?" Asked Naruto?

"You'll find out soon enough. You're looking good." Complemented Sona.

"Oh, Sona dear, thank you." Replied Naruto their chatting was interrupted by a pink bullet, who rushed at them and would have run into Naruto if he didn't sidestep.

"Who is this new guy my So-tan is talking to?" Asked Serafall pointing an accusing finger at Naruto.

"Onee-sama, this is-" Sona was cut off by Naruto.

"Hey, Serafall, nice to meet you. I'm Naruto. That guy told you about." Said Naruto pointing to a pervertedly giggling Jiraiya. Serafall didn't seem phased by this and Naruto took out the big guns.

"You still can't remember? How cute. I'm that helper who fixed that lens in the office." Said Naruto with a smirk. He knew Serafall will back down now as she can't afford to reveal about the emergency switch in Sona's office.

"Aha, yes, yes. You are the one. I remember." Said Serafall with a bright smile while she internally cursed the blonde.

"Oka, I think someone is calling me. See ya, So-tan, Naru-tan." Said Serafall and vanished in a rush.

"You have balls of steel to talk to my Onee-sama like that. What was that lens thing?" Sona asked, fixing a stern look at the blonde.

"We have our secrets. I think the announcement is starting." Said Naruto and turned to the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, and all the respected members of the council, I welcome you all to the big announcement." Said Sirzechs with a magic amplified voice.

"First of all, I must apologize for keeping this a secret for this long. But I know you can understand the circumstances we're in." Continued Sirzechs.

"Let me introduce you, My Real Queen." Said Sirzechs and a figure came out of the Gremory Magic Circle beside Sirzechs.

Everyone expected it to be Grayfia. But the figure they saw surprised most of them.

Naruto sensed someone walking beside him. It is not Reni as he can sense her behind him, waiting for his call as he is face to face with Sona.

"The Real Queen of my Peerage and my Wife, SARA GREMORY née NEBIROS." Said Sirzechs. The announcement hit like a big bucket of holy water.

Naruto's eyes widened at this. He didn't expect Sirzechs to do something like this.

What will happen? How does the Devil society react and take this?

We'll find more in the next chapter.

And Cut.

That’s it for this chapter folks.

Check out the new story covers I made and tell me your opinion.

See ya in the next chapter.

Suggestions are welcome.

RR.

Black Infinity1289,

Ja Ne.

5