A New School Year
87 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm so sorry for the unexpected delay. I'm so caught up in other things, I forgot to update. Here is the chapter of Shadow Light.

You can go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' and find my profile and page there. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page to read up to Ch 32.

And

You can help me buy coffee for all the work I put in publishing the stories by tipping me on my Ko-fi page.

Search for 'Blackinfinity1289' on Ko-fi website and buy me a coffee there.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not. Hope you understand.

"Normal speech" people talking.

'Normal thought' people thinking.

"Kurama/Dragons" Kurama or Dragons speaking.

'Kurama/Dragon thought' Kurama or Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/ Magic" is being used.

Once again, Merry Christmas.

Enjoy.

Shadow Light

Chapter 27

A New School Year

The rest of the summer went without any event while Naruto enjoyed along with his girls and trained them for the year to come.

It's the first day of his second year as he made his way to Kuoh academy with Reni in tow as usual and as the two passed the entrance gate, Naruto saw Sona there, talking with what appears to be first years.

"Good Morning, Shitori, how's it going?" Asked Naruto as he made his way to the Student Council President. All students in the vicinity noticed them. Naruto can hear some squeals and jealous comments from the students present.

"Naruto. How is it going?" She asked in a stern tone. They decided to stick to their routine behaviour in school and be normal when in their respective office rooms.

"Well. Disciplining first years?" He asked looking at the students she was talking to and Souna nodded.

"Yes. They must behave if they want to stay in a prestigious school like ours," she said in the same stern tone. Naruto noticed a familiar brunette waking with known 2 other faces and smiled widely.

"Ok. Continue, continue." He said and left her to do her work.

A Few Minutes Ago

Hyoudou Residence

"Dude, we have done it. We made it to Kuoh!" Said a Matsuda. He is an average teenager with a bald head wearing Kuoh boys uniform with his blazer open.

"Yes, yes. Can you imagine all the girls and their panties?" Replied Motohama. Both giggled perversely. He is also an average teenager with glasses that have a shine to them and in Kuoh boys uniform.

"What's taking him this long?" They both asked each other, waiting for their third friend.

"Issei, we are going to be late on our first day if you take more time," Matsuda yelled. They both were waiting outside a normal two-story house for their friend, Issei Hyoudou.

Inside Hyoudou Residence

A middle-aged man with brown hair and brown eyes with glasses can be seen reading the newspaper in the lounge area. This is Gorou Hyoudou, father of Issei.

He is a salaryman who likes his family and is known to be a little perverted. He is waiting patiently for his son to come down as he wanted to give a pep talk to him as this is his first day of High School.

Issei came down in his Kuoh boys uniform but wore a red t-shirt underneath his open dress shirt and blazer, and wore blue and white sneakers in place of dress shoes.

"Issei, wait," said Gorou and Issei stopped.

"Today is your first day of High School, right?" Group asked seriously.

"Yes, Tou-san," replied Issei.

"What did you plan on doing?" He asked in the same serious tone.

"Study well and bring you a good name?" Said Issei in a doubtful tone. Gorou raised an eyebrow but his wife agreed with her son.

"That's my son," said Miki Hyoudou, hugging her son. Gorou didn't relent but stared at his son questioningly.

"Ok, ok. I want to become a Harem King!" Issei proclaimed, his fists up in the air. Miki sagged at that.

"That's my son. Isn't your school female-dominated?" He asked with a perverted smile.

"Ya. I plan on impressing as many girls as possible and adding them to my Harem and become the Harem King!" Said Issei with vigour.

"Yes, yes. You have my approval," said Gorou with a thumbs up. Miki sighed at that. She is a middle-aged woman with dark brown hair that is tied into a ponytail and hazel eyes.

"Don't be like that, Issei, enjoy your first day. Don't keep what your tou-san said in mind. Enjoy yourself," she said and gave him his bento.

Though reluctantly, he nodded to his mother's words and with a final goodbye, he left his house to meet his friends.

"Dude, what took you this long?" Asked his friends. Issei apologised and they all moved to their dream school, Kuoh High.

"Can you imagine, Issei, all the girls waiting for us in school?" Asked Motohama.

"Yes. I'm going to find all girls to fill my Harem and become the Harem King." Exclaimed Issei and they moved to Kuoh talking in a similar fashion.

At the Entrance to Kuoh Academy

As Naruto saw a familiar brunette walk towards him, he smiled widely and separated from Sona to greet the newcomer personally.

As Issei and his group walked into the campus area, talking animatedly, Naruto greeted them.

"Yo," he said, his voice cutting their chatter like a hot knife through butter. All three of them looked to see a blonde guy standing in front of them.

But 2 of them tried to look past him, but they couldn't, as the blonde's commanding presence demanded all their attention.

"How are you doing?" Asked Naruto cheerfully.

"Hey it is that dude," said Matsuda gesturing to Naruto.

"We lost our book because of him," added Issei.

"Looks like he studies here," observed Motohama, the most level headed of the three.

"Exactly. Your senior to be more specific," said Naruto with a smile. As this was going on, Reni, who was behind her King, noticed how he is interested in the brunette of the three, whom he pranked last year.

"So, what are your plans?" Asked Naruto, making some small talk. They started speaking about their dreams and Naruto listened to them with rapt attention.

The most interesting one would be Issei's as the brunette wants to become a Harem King. Naruto was amused by that, to say the least.

"Good, good. But let me make one point clear." Said Naruto and moved closer to them.

"If I find any of you three anywhere near Ninja Club, I promise you hell here," he said with a sweet smile. The trio shivered by his tone and smile, which promised them hell on if they even try.

"Yes, sir. I promise we won't," said Issei, mustering all his courage.

"Good. Now, gentlemen, I think you are running late for your class. I wish you the best year," said Naruto and the trio ran from the grounds into the school buildings.

Naruto can hear them mutter scary seniors and retaliations, but were scared to think of anything.

With a smile, he and Reni went to their respective classes and the day went by.

Kazehana joined as an assistant school nurse under Roygun and took to her job as an assistant nurse seriously.

Same Evening, Ninja Club Building

As the school year started, so were the clubs and Naruto came to his club after a long gap and decided to test his girls. As expected, every one of them came without missing and in time, which earned them some points.

"Hope you have enjoyed your holidays well, girls?" Asked Naruto and everyone nodded in agreement.

"Well, it's been some time, so I wanted to test you all individually. You are going to fight me one on one. We will decide where to start your training this year," said Naruto and everyone nodded.

Naruto started their test and every one of them performed exceptionally, proving to him that they practised during the summer.

"And, you can join any other club if you are interested. I'll talk to Souna." Said Naruto, looking at a purple-haired female. She nodded in acknowledgement, by rejected joining another club with another nod.

"That's your wish, dear." He said and dispersed them. A familiar blonde looked at him in hope which he nodded in negative. She left the room with a dejected expression.

Uzumaki Estate

The day went by and Naruto found a few more interesting additions to the school. He knew the year will be interesting as the people gathering here will attract attention one way or another.

"Interesting catch, don't you say?" Asked Kurama.

"About what?"

"Ddraig, Vritra and the teacher. They are interesting to see," said Kurama.

"Speaking of teachers, I must ask her why she is here. After all, she isn't from here," said Naruto.

"She has an interesting character, to say the least," said Kurama with a laugh. Naruto agreed.

Flashback During School

Naruto came to his class and smelled an unfamiliar presence. He went in and sat in his seat. Soon, the bell rang and their first-year Homeroom teacher, Mr Sosoke came.

"Good morning, students. How were your summer?" He asked cheerfully and everyone started answering.

He was given class 2-B instead of 2-A as he was in 1-A last year. He didn't give it much thought and sat calmly, listening to his classmates recall their summer.

"You enjoyed it, I see. Well students, from today, you will be getting a new homeroom teacher. Please welcome her," said Sosoke and a young woman walked in.

She is a beautiful young woman with long, straight silver hair and aqua-coloured eyes who appears to be young. Maybe 18 or 19 if Naruto had to guess. She wore a simple purple business suit and skirt.

All of the class including Naruto kept quiet as their new homeroom teacher came in, shocked by her appearance.

"Please introduce yourself, Miss," said Sosoke and she took a chalk and wrote her name on the board in Japanese.

"My name is Rossweisse. I will be teaching your Homeroom teacher and teaching Civics. I'll be under your care during my stay in Japan. Nice to meet you all." She said and bowed at the end. Everyone was astonished at her perfect Japanese.

Naruto knew from the moment she entered that something was wrong with her as he could smell her magic in waves. It was different from his friends as it has a holy tint to it.

'A holy magic-user? Why does her magic have a unique flavour?' He thought in confusion. He idly thought how she and Grayfia had similar hair colours.

All his thoughts were squashed when her aqua eyes turned to him. "Uzumaki-san, can you tell me what is Japan's government structure?" She asked in annoyance as at some point, she started teaching.

As Sosoke left the class in her hands, she started with introductions and Naruto's was done on autopilot. It seems she noticed his lack of attention.

"Ours is a Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy," said Naruto and he saw her eyes widen, but she changed it and asked him to sit but had a displeased expression. She continued her class and the day passed.

Flashback End

As he sat relaxed, Roygun and Kazehana walked in their nurse attire. Naruto must admit, they are very tempting in those outfits.

Naruto can't understand whether the outfit is like that or they are doing this to tempt him. But he had other plans for them and so he focused on it.

"I am waiting for you two. Change into your battle gear, we are going to spar," said Naruto, sipping tea that Reni bought for him. They nodded in joy and went to change.

After 10 minutes in the basement. Naruto was waiting when he saw Kana and Roygun walk in their battle attire.

"Damn, are they doing this on purpose?" He asked his lovely Bishop.

"Maybe? They are ready," she suggested and Naruto nodded in understanding.

"You look badass." He complimented when they walked in. Kana and Roygun smiled widely after hearing that.

"We are going to spar and all out. No holding back you two. I think I will get one more piece soon," he added.

"It may be 2 as well," he said looking at Roygun. She understood and nodded in determination.

"Reni-chan will be our proctor for this," said Naruto and Reni stepped forward.

With a snap of his finger, their location changed into a large wasteland that spread as far as the eye could see.

"Oh my, I didn't think we will spar here of all places," said Roygun. She instantly knew where they were the moment she noticed the shift in the sky. It was her home after all. The Underworld.

"Of course, I don't want to damage our basement," said Naruto and they all changed into their respective battle stances and Reni took the ground in the middle.

"Begin," she said, chopping invisible air. Roygun and Kazehana attacked Naruto without thought and they fell into a smooth hand to hand combat.

They punched, slashed, kicked and they did everything in perfect sync as if dancing. Naruto noticed it and smiled at them widely, encouraging them to go further.

Taking this as their cue, they started using their magics, Wind in case of Kana and Crack in case of Roygun.

Roygun had managed to master her Clan Trait to its previous mastery and went a step ahead by mastering its control and applying it across her body.

"Crack Armour," she said and a purplish liquid filled her body, covering her completely. Naruto can see the black emptiness in the liquid.

'Wow, is it the Dimensional Gap? Does her ability directly send someone into the large emptiness?' He thought in awe.

Kana on the other hand pumped wind through her body and spread it across her body much like Roygun, however, her wind formed a loose armour, going a few inches above her body, increasing her damage area.

"I must admit, your strength improvement was astounding. Let me add my variety for you," said Naruto.

"Amaterasu," as his eyes changed into his Mangekyou. Black flames started to spread across his body, vaporising anything and everything they were coming into contact with.

"What! How was my Crack affected by this?"

"Is this the fabled ability of the Sun Goddess?" Asked an incredulous Kana. Naruto smiled at them.

"Maybe, maybe not. I don't know about the Sun Goddess variety. I just named it like that as it felt apt for me," explained Naruto.

"Thundra," called another voice and an ice wall cut Naruto from touching Roygun and Kana. Reni can be seen smiling at her King with a large doll behind her.

Roygun and Kana turned to see Reni and were surprised by the large doll behind her as this is their first time seeing her Sacred Gear in action.

It is a three-meter tall doll made of ice in the form of a woman in a dress with four slender arms. Its face doesn't have a nose or a mouth, it has six eyes on the left side of its face, while the right side of its face is studded with something resembling the thorns of a rose.

"My, my. What a naughty girl you are, Reni-chan. You didn't tell me you wanted to join," said Naruto.

"What are you going to do to this naughty girl?" She asked in a challenging tone as she jumped to Roygun's and Kana's side.

"You want me to punish you? Gladly," said Naruto and took his attack a step further.

"Let's do this. 3 on1. Show me your progress. I promise a wonderful reward if you win or impress me," said Naruto with a grin that clearly showed his 'reward' and chaos ensued.

All of them started to attack Naruto with different Ice attacks and wind attacks from Kana and occasional space distortions by Roygun.

"Ice Spears,"

"Wind Rage,"

"Portal,"

"Mirror Portal," said Roygun, manifesting multiple portals in front of all three of them and connecting to portals that have manifested around Naruto.

"Kana, Reni, focus your attacks through those portals. I will take care of the rest, " said Roygun and Reni and Kana started shooting their attacks to the nearby portal.

Naruto observed what was happening. Roygun created a bunch of portals and all the attacks were fired into it? He didn't understand where they were going as they didn't come towards him.

His Sharingan showed the portals forming around him but nothing more. So he changed his Dōjutsu to get a better understanding.

"Byakugan," said Naruto, his eyes changing into white, featureless eyes. His eyes showed him everything.

Small cracks started to appear around him and he can see magic build up behind them and concluded it to be some kind of connection.

As he predicted, the attacks that were thrown into the portals there started to come towards him, but because of his Byakugan, he could see them coming and dodged them and sometimes deflected them.

"Wood Style: Deep Forest Emergence," said Naruto, forming a mini forest around him. The trees formed started to stop the attacks from reaching him from all the portals. This continued for a few minutes.

Reni had enough of this as while they were wasting her magic, her King was happily taking cover in the trees and probably eating Ramen. She got an excellent idea put it into action.

"Balance Breaker: Assoluto Argento Mondo, (Eternal Snow World)," said Reni. Naruto was surprised by the amount of seriousness she was taking the spar as she used her Balance Breaker, which is rare.

His trees were turned into ice and instantly broken, pushing him out of cover. He looked at her eyes. The determination they held spoke it all.

He knew how her Balance Breaker works as he is the one who pushed her to the limits to attain it. But he is interested to see what improvements she made to it.

At the place she lived in Rome has a chamber in which she can unleash her full power, built by Naruto for her practice.

A furious blizzard started to form in the entire battlefield and innumerable giant sharp ice pillars formed.

Naruto knew they have the capacity to freeze an entire country with her mere thought as that shows the attacks ultra-wide range capabilities comparable to Zenith Tempest and Dimension Lost, both High-Tier Longinus like his.

"Crack: Engulfing Silence," said Roygun and similar to the purple magic formed on her body, the whole area started to get drenched in approaching cracks as if it was being torn apart.

"Blessing of the wind, blow away the dark clouds that approach me!" Prayed Kazehana as she sat in a praying motion. A purple wind started to form around her, tearing everything in its wake, including Reni's Ice and Roygun's Engulfing Silence.

"Hey, you are supposed to help us. Not him." Said Roygun

"Oopsy. Sorry," said Kana with an embarrassed smile.

"Ok, Wind God's Blessing, Purification Stream," said Kana as she sent the same purple wind towards Naruto.

Naruto was observing all their attacks coming forward, he was impressed by their coordination, though Kana disrupted their attention, they managed to fall back and work in sync.

He saw the 3 attacks approaching. Instead of using his Shadows, which he felt boring as they made everything easy for him, he decided to use his other jutsu.

"Are you ready, Kurama?" Asked Naruto. Kurama smiled widely. It's been so long since they worked together and he is excited for the spar as Reni's inclusion only made it much juicier for him.

"Always," said the Juubi. Without much concentration, they took the Nature energy around them and Naruto's eyes changed to orange with cross slits in them. Not that the three girls noticed as they were busy concentrating their attacks.

"Sage Art: White Rage Technique," said Naruto. He learnt it from the Great White Sage in the Ryūchi Cave during his travels.

He took a large gulp of air and expelled a dragon-like entity from his mouth with an orb in its left front claw. The dragon tightly coiled itself around the orb.

It travelled towards the concentrating girls and exploded, creating a bright blinding light and vibrations, which travelled through the empty area.

Naruto expected them to be on the ground, catching their ears in pain, but what he saw surprised him as a large Ice Shield formed in front of 3 women and purple wind can be seen nullifying the vibrations while the purple magic took care of the blinding light.

"Wow. They nullified it without much effort," said Naruto and he saw the clever use of teamwork.

"Great, girls. We can do it. We can injure him and get our rewards," cheered Roygun and they started pushing their attacks towards Naruto with more vigour.

He saw the approaching ice spikes and with Wind pushing the ice and the purple portal closing around him.

He wanted to push them further, and a familiar attack came to his mind and with a wide smile, he took in as much as possible. Though he doesn't want to use his Shadow magic, it seemed the best way to test them.

"Ok, girls. If you stand this, consider yourself won," said Naruto and Reni knew what he is going to do.

"Roygun put your Crack ahead my Ice. Kana shield the Ice wall with your wind," ordered Reni and they did without questioning him.

"Shadow Dragon's: RRRROOOOOAAAAAARRRRRRR," said Naruto as he released the largest amount of Shadows he ever did on them.

Roygun's crack was the first to face the Roar and it stopped it a bit but crumbled at the power of the Roar.

Kana's Wind was next and it almost succeeded, but the force behind the attack was too much for the sacred wind to handle and the Shadows nullified the Heavenly Wind.

Reni's Ice wall, which was reinforced with magic, fought an unending battle against the Dragon Roar. But with much effort, won as the Shadow's dispersed, unable to penetrate the Ice Wall.

"YES!" Cheered all three of them in joy. More in the case of Roygun and Kana as they got what they are waiting for. All their hard work in the summer had paid off.

"Well done, girls. Let's move to our home and get your rewards ready," said Naruto and they all vanished in a magic circle to Uzumaki Estate.

Before going, Naruto repaired all the damage that occurred to the vast lands as all this went unnoticed because of the barrier he made when they first came here.

Scene Break

That Weekend

Naruto spent the rest of the week with all 3 girls. They had celebrated their victory in a pleasurable way and what was supposed to be one day reward, lasted for the whole week.

Aside from that, classes went by normally except for Naruto's homeroom teacher who doesn't want to leave him alone for some reason.

She would make him answer a question one way or other and her reactions to his answers would always amuse the blonde.

As the weekend approached, the 3 Kings decided to meet in the Student Council for a general meeting.

Naruto and Reni can be seen walking towards the Student Council room. "So, did you find anyone interesting other than that brunette?" Asked Reni.

"Brunette?" Said Naruto as if he doesn't know. She gave him a knowing smile and he smiled back.

"Yup. Another blonde first year,"

"That arrogant one who was full of himself?" She asked and Naruto nodded.

"Yup, that one. He has a Sacred Gear similar to a Dragon-type, but a piece,"

"Do you mean it was separated into pieces?" Asked a confused Reni.

"Yes, something like that. He is weak now with that only one piece. But I know he would be strong if all pieces were gathered together," said Naruto.

"Anyone else?"

"Not really. Except for my Homeroom teacher,"

"What a dirty mind, Naruto-kun. Now going after a teacher?" she asked teasingly.

"Interesting character, that one has. She is so into me, I thought she is a long-forgotten girlfriend of mine," he said offhandedly.

"Oh? Is she?" Reni asked curiously.

"I don't remember. But she always asks me a question one way or another,"

"Does she have a boyfriend?"

"I don't think so. She acts touchy when that topic came in class as my classmates accuse her of being jealous,"

"Oh my. I must meet her. Maybe I can give her a good suggestion?"

"Nah. Akeno will be perfect for that," said Naruto and they both laughed.

"Oh my, plotting something behind my back?" Asked Akeno as they joined Naruto and Reni on their way towards the Student Council.

"Nothing, Akeno-chan, it's just, I'm telling Reni about your otherworldly skills," said Naruto. He didn't miss to stress about otherworldly skills and everyone understood what he was talking about.

"You can always ask me if you want to learn them," offered Akeno and Reni politely nodded. Kiba also joined the group as they walked towards the Student Council room.

Student Council Room

Naruto, Sona and Rias sat in the same triangular pattern in the Student Council room, their respective Vice Presidents standing behind them.

"Let's get started." Said Rias and others nodded.

"Let me introduce you to my new member, Reya Kusaka, my Bishop. She joined her first year and is in 1-A. She is from Tokyo," said Sona, introducing a brunette.

Reya is a slim girl with long brown hair that ends in two short braids and matching eyes. She also wears a blue headband. She is in a Kuoh girls uniform.

Reya stepped forward and bowed to all of them. Naruto can sense her above-average magic levels and nodded and Rias also nodded.

Though she is jealous as she doesn't have as many members as Sona nor her members are as strong as Naruto's. She bit her bottom lip to control herself from shouting.

Though Naruto agreed to train her, from what she knew, no amount of training can prepare her for a Rating game against Riser and the douche has experience and a full set to boot.

She sighed but turned to Naruto as a magic circle formed behind and a woman stepped out.

"Meet my Rook, Kazehana," said Naruto with a dramatic pause. All their eyes widened. They knew her to be a member of his Club.

But they didn't think that he reincarnated her into his peerage and her magic, it was different from their own. It felt light, but they couldn't put a finger on it.

"When did you reincarnate her?" Asked Sona.

"Just before coming to the Underworld," said Naruto as he knew they wouldn't leave him alone if he say them for a few months earlier than that. Kazehana had a satisfied smile on her face for some reason which anyone can't understand.

"Why didn't you tell us then?" Asked Rias.

"I didn't think it was important. I'm busy in the Underworld, remember?" He said sarcastically.

"Sorry," apologised Rias.

"That's fine."

"Did you find anyone with potential?" Asked Rias curiously. She knew out of all of them, Naruto had the best senses as the blonde managed to pick his club members, who are strong and trained them.

Both Rias and Sona trust his senses so much. That's why they are asking him as Rias, in particular, requires strong members.

"Yes. 2 actually," he said with a smile, not telling about his homeroom teacher as he chose to deal with the woman.

"Really. Can you show me?" Asked Rias with hope.

"Nope." He said flatly. Sona knew he wouldn't. As a person who is studying the blonde, all things he ever did were secret, even picking members to his peerage to hide his pieces.

It is even more clear when he said he wouldn't take any contracts and help only if an SS-class threat arises in the town.

They all suggest one thing. He doesn't want her and Rias to be dependent on him for some reason, that's why she didn't even bother asking.

"Leave it, Rias. He won't budge," said Sona as she saw Rias bargaining with the blonde. Naruto gave Sona a curious look.

"Will you at least tell us what sacred gear anyone we reincarnate has, that is if they have it?" Asked Sona.

"Yes. I'll," said Naruto with a smile. It's not like it is a big help as they would have reincarnated them anyway. Helping that much won't affect their judgement.

"Right. Let's move forward," said Sona, changing topics to get Rias attention and with one last pleading look, Rias reluctantly continued with the meeting.

And Cut.

That's it for this chapter folks.

Check out the new story covers I made and tell me your opinion.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Suggestions are welcome.

RR.

Black Infinity1289,

Ja Ne.

1