A Spy?
101 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yo,

I'm back with the Next Chapter of Shadow Light. Hope you like it.

You can read next 4 chapters of Shadow Light now and join the private Discord Server I made through my Patron page. Go to Patron website and search for 'Black Infinity 1289' to find me. You'll see same profile picture on my Patron Page as well.

And

You can help me buy coffee for all the work I put in publishing the stories and get access to the server at the same time by tipping me on my Ko-fi page.

Search for 'Blackinfinity1289' on Ko-fi website and buy me a coffee there.

I'm not asking or demanding you to tip me. For those who want to and can, they can do it. My stories will continue to be published here if you tip me or not. Hope you understand.

"Normal speech" people talking.

'Normal thought' people thinking.

"Kurama/Dragons" Kurama or Dragons speaking.

'Kurama/Dragon thought' Kurama or Dragons thinking.

"Jutsu/ Magic" is being used.

Enjoy.

Shadow Light

Chapter 31

A Spy?

Naruto and Shikamaru talked for some time about their homeworld and this world and Shikamaru started discussing the plan he had to entertain the fox.

"So you are thinking of seeing if this 'Travel' is possible or not, right?" Naruto asked after listening to Shikamaru explain his plan.

"It's a drag, but that's the gist. I mean, if we can come here from anywhere, then going outside from here should also be possible," explained Shika and Naruto nodded.

"Are you making Kurama the guinea pig?" Naruto asked with a knowing smirk while Shika sighed.

"Troublesome."

"I'm ok with it. A place to show my powers and have some fun is always welcomed," said Kurama and Naruto nodded.

"He agreed?" Shikamaru asked and Naruto nodded.

"I thought he would. That's why I suggested it in the first place. What are you planning with all those women you are taking in?" He asked, his lazy eyes gaining a tint of amusement.

"Well, I want to make them strong and as I'm not aligning with anyone, they will help me in my goal to bring world peace," said Naruto with a shrug.

Shikamaru observed how the same amount of passion he heard from his Hokage was present in the troublesome blonde and smiled at his old friend.

"I'm helping, but not like in the old days," he said and Naruto nodded.

"That's accepted. What did you tell your friends? They are being awfully quiet for some reason," asked Naruto.

He observed a subtle change in Ajuka's and Serafall attitude after the grand party Sirzechs threw and had a suspicion that his friend was behind it.

"What a drag. They are a troublesome bunch to be with, but good people. They treated me well even though I acted lazily and encouraged me to win the Civil War.

I did my best and they gave me this grand position which I first denied. Sirzechs and Ajuka were adamant about me getting this and when Serafall joined, I couldn't say no.

Now we are here." He said recollecting and Naruto heard patiently as this is a way for the Nara to say he is loyal to them even though he and Naruto go way back.

"Anyway, I suggested leaving you be and pointed out Azazel's full responsibility for anything you do. And they agreed," he said with a shrug.

Judging from Naruto's lack of reaction at the mention of Azazel's responsibility, he understood the blonde knew about it.

"That's good I guess."

"What are you planning with Grayfia?" He asked out of the blue and Naruto turned to him sharply.

"What do you mean?" He acted as if he didn't understand. Shikamaru gave him a knowing look.

"Well, you know how she looks. That's why-"

"You plan on taking her in?" He completed and Naruto nodded.

"Well, I'm not one for advice on women, so do what you want. But don't break her heart," he said, his tone gaining a sharp edge at the end.

Naruto nodded. He can understand how this world changed his second in command and it warmed his heart to see him happy in this world, even though old habits die hard.

"Care for a spar? I want to see what you are doing after you came here," asked Naruto and Shikamaru nodded in negative.

"No. Not interested. Not that I'm going to win. Your second part is enough to vaporise me," he said with a long drag of his cigar.

"I'm not going to use it, I swear,"

"No. Tell me, did you create a seal for light resistance?" Asked an interested Shikamaru as his brain processed what Naruto's Sacred Gear can do.

Naruto gave him a conspiratory smile. "Maybe, maybe not. Why bother?"

"Troublesome blonde. Whatever. Is it true about the rating game you requested?" He asked and Naruto raised an eyebrow at that.

"Did they decide?"

"No, I just got a report to suggest a suitable candidate and I was sleeping when it happened," he said with a smirk and Naruto nodded in amusement.

"So they decided to amuse me?"

"Ya. You have a lot of influence in the hierarchy,"

"Good to know. Ever thought of publishing them yourself?"

"Icha Icha? No. It's a big hassle and I have enough work thank you. Naruto, did anyone else find you other than the people you told me?" He asked curiously.

"No, not really. None came close and I think most would have forgotten about it by now," Naruto said with a confident smile as they saw a small bird fly past them.

"Well, come to my home, we can eat Ramen and I'll introduce you to all the girls,"

"Hmm, okay. But I want something other than ramen as well," said Shikamaru and Naruto nodded.

"Maybe some shogi?" He suggested and Shikamaru's eyes lit up.

"Did you have a set?" He asked eagerly and Naruto nodded.

"Oh, it is with that mastery you defeated Sona with!" He exclaimed and Naruto's eyes widened.

"What? How did you know that?" Naruto asked, expecting Serafall to drop in at any moment. But then he remembered she is busy apologising to Sona and Sona is busy mashing 'Jiraiya' and sighed in relief.

"Dude, what do you think of me? I'm your second in command. Don't you think I can at least conclude that much knowing Sona's predicament and Serafall's nagging?" He asked rhetorically.

"Well, ya. Poor girl thought that I cheated and played three matches without knowing. She didn't inform her parents, but it will come out someday.

I didn't know about the marriage contract till she came out with it as Serafall didn't go into detail about how her 'So-tan' defeated this unworthy brute in her terms." Naruto said and Shika nodded in understanding.

They started walking to Naruto's house and as they entered, Shika's eyes fell on a familiar set of photos.

"You didn't leave them even after all this time?" He asked seeing the paintings in the entrance lounge as they entered Naruto's house.

"How can I? I didn't spend time with them. At least let me remember them like this," Naruto said, with a small hint of sadness and Shikamaru nodded in understanding.

"Naruto-kyun, welcome home!" They heard so many girlish screams as many bodies slammed into Naruto. Shikamaru watched in amusement.

"Oof, wha-, wai-, hey-" Naruto tried protesting as the air was practically taken from him by kiss after kiss from one after another.

"Oh my, Naruto's cousin is here," said Reni, noticing Shikamaru to the side watching in amusement.

They all stood straight in a second and vanished from sight in an instant. "Are they shy?" Shikamaru asked with raised eyebrows.

"Shy, my ass. They are just hiding since you are new here. You should have seen their feats when Sensei comes," said Naruto.

"Let me introduce to all of them," said Naruto and introduced all the girls to his long time friend and after introductions, they sat to eat dinner.

After dinner, Shikamaru and Naruto talked about their plans and normal things and after promising to stay in touch and played a Shogi match to close off the day.

After a close win to Shikamaru, he returned to the Underworld to perform his duties as the Satan of Devils.

Few Days later

Everything was going smoothly in Kuoh as Rias and Sona started talking with Naruto again as if nothing happened and the blonde didn't mind.

Roygun and others were happy, though they got curious about the whole Shika thing, they didn't care much about it as Naruto didn't explain further about their relationship.

He found something nagging at the back of his mind and spread his senses to see what the feeling was and got a surprise. A small bird was watching him.

It's not like any bird as its teal eyes looked at him in particular with interest as he was teaching his girls some Taijutsu katas and Saeko a few stances through the window.

He started training Saeko seriously as she is already willing to join his Peerage and she pushed herself to impress him and is progressing well.

"Interesting, I didn't think someone had the gall to spy on you, Naruto. Who could it be?" Kurama asked curiously.

'Why don't we investigate?' Naruto asked with a smile and signalled Reni to take over for some time and vanished from his office.

Instead of flying away knowing it was caught, the bird took off towards north into the forest that surrounded Kuoh and Naruto followed curiously.

After a few minutes of following, they reached a small barrier which Naruto never sensed and a small tear opened to allow him in and he went in.

He came face to face with a small 2 storey house and an elegant woman, seemingly waiting for him at the entrance.

She is a tall woman with a slim build with light green hair, which is pulled up under her hat, and teal eyes. Beneath both of her eyes are three dark blue teardrops with her lips in the same shade of blue.

She wore a light green, layered dress with each layer of the skirt having a large red eyespot. The bodice has a high neck and long sleeves. The skirt flared out into a large hoop.

She also wore a white conical hat with a wide brim. It has the same layered look as her dress but lacks eyespots. Additionally, the black feather hatband has a dark red flower in front and a collection of multicoloured jewels on her left side.

From her left ear hangs a purple stone, from which Naruto can sense magic, and from her necklace hanged three black feathers.

Naruto was perplexed by her attire and her appearance. He doesn't recall seeing her or meeting her at any time and her expression confused him more.

Her teal eyes are looking at him with admiration, surprising him even more. He didn't see such admiration in anyone but his girls after they fell in love with him.

"Naruto, her magic. It is different from others. It has this red colour to it and it smells like-"

"Blood. Yes. I can smell that, Kurama," he replied and as he opened his mouth to speak, she spoke.

"Naruto-sama, welcome to my humble abode. What can I do for you?" She asked politely with a bow. He knew he was famous, but he didn't think that his name was well known so far that this woman knew it and by the way she put it, sounded familiar to the blonde.

"Remember, Naruto. Did you leave her after one of your sessions?" Asked a curious Kurama. As he was cut off from Jiraiya when he is with some women, he had this nagging feeling.

"I didn't, you dumb fox. I would have remembered if I did that. It's not like she can erase my memories and go away!" He exclaimed, but Kurama didn't seem convinced by this.

Yes, anyone can't erase his memories and leave, as he has the strongest Dōjutsu and 'that' ability to do it and if anyone attempts, they will be taken to Kurama instead of Naruto's mind as it was always like that.

So Kurama assuming Naruto forgot this woman after a fling is a plausible one and he still doubts Naruto, but not the woman.

"Who are you and why are you trying to spy on me?" Naruto asked with a blank face and a neutral tone.

"I apologise that I tried to spy on you, Naruto-sama. But I want to get your attention and took a book from your page, spying," she said with a wide smile.

'Ok, so she knew more than she is showing and if she knew I am a master spy, what else would she know? Hmm, this became even more interesting.'

"Come on, make her talk and if she doesn't respond, teach her a lesson!" Kurama said in joy. He is excited now.

'Shit, he is excited now and he knew what the fox meant by 'teach her a lesson'. 'Perverted fox,' he grumbled under his breath and looked at the woman.

"See, woman. It's nice knowing that you are following in my footsteps. Tell me, how do you know me and what do you plan on doing with what you know?" Naruto asked cautiously.

"Very much like you, Naruto-sama. Can we talk over a cup of tea please?" She asked and Naruto nodded and she led the way in. Naruto walked in to see a modern house expanded to fit all the accessories the woman has and is pretty well kept decorated.

"Please take a seat while I prepare some tea for us," she said and walked elegantly even in her long dress into what appears to be the kitchen.

Naruto scanned the room he was sitting in for any clues about the woman and where she is from and her interest in him. But all he found were his pictures.

Pictures of him with Jiraiya and with his girls separately and there are so many photos of only him. He was amazed by the amount of detail they held.

"Damn, that's a great stalking ability, Naruto. I think she even spied in the underworld. So she knows about Supernatural," said Kurama and Naruto nodded absentmindedly.

"This reminds me so much of my early years when I played pranks and her. Even though she spied, she did a great job. I'm impressed," Naruto said in nostalgia.

"Oh, oh. Is it that time already? It's not time for you to act like an idiot, moron. Ask her why she did everything and what she wants. You sensed her magic, Naruto. Don't take her lightly, though she can't take on us, just be cautious," warned Kurama.

"What makes you think she will harm us, Kurama. Didn't you notice the level of admiration she held and the attention to detail she put in those?" Asked Naruto, gesturing to all the photos.

"She might have, but being careful is nothing bad and you are a Shinobi and what did that cyclops always say? Look underneath the underneath?" Kurama asked and Naruto nodded.

"Ya. I'll be careful. Now shush. She is coming," Naruto silenced Kurama as he heard the woman walk in with 2 cups of steaming hot tea.

"Here, a cup of hot tea, please have it," she said with a respectful nod and put the cup on the table. She also took one sat in the opposite seat and Naruto sipped his tea.

It was amazing with a perfect blend of ingredients and the right temperature to drink. "Nice tea, shall we start?" He asked and she nodded in satisfaction.

"Who are you and what are all these?"

"My name is Alice Damim, Naruto-sama and I'm a witch. Not a typical witch, but was born and trained as one from a distant past." Alice introduced and bowed to him.

Naruto couldn't make heads or tails about it. She seems to like him and her magic is definitely blood-based as he can smell it due to their proximity. But she also held the same level of trust and interest in him as his girls and he can't decide what to do with this woman now.

"What are you doing here and what are all these?" He jumped to his next question. After all, however she may interest him, he is still the Overseer of Kuoh and should be careful with unknown people.

"I'm the biggest fan of you, Naruto-sama and was following you from the moment you came here,"

"What did you mean when I came here?" Asked Naruto on edge. It was supposed to be a secret.

"When you came out of that portal, Naruto-sama. You came from the Dimensional Gap. I know that and were found by Azazel, leader of the Fallen.

I was using my magic to look around in the peaceful night when one of my birds caught your arrival and your appearance and magic intrigued me.

As I already said, I'm not like normal witches or magicians you come across. I was born with this unique Sacred Gear which belongs to a long lost Witch Queen. I slowly gained her traits and enjoying tea and magic is her greatest interest.

So I started following you around from then. I followed anywhere you went except the Dimensional Gap as my birds can't follow you there and came across some unknown secrets about you." She said with a knowing smile.

"Silly me took more interest after that and everything you did intrigued more and more to the point it became an obsession. I couldn't end my day without watching you or Jiraiya-sama's activity and you went on impressing me more and more and we are here.

I always used my magic through birds and other small animals which can't be noticed easily to watch over you. I sincerely apologise for that, Naruto-sama." She said with a deep bow now.

Naruto was in a mess. He has been followed by this woman for years now and he wishfully remained ignorant about this, great master of stealth he is.

Though the method she used was hard to find and she admitted to expertly using them to not raise any suspicion, he should have known better to drop his guard like that.

He isn't angry or disturbed by this. He knew she is saying all this as she wanted something from him and he had an idea what it would be.

"I was frankly disturbed when you accepted to become a Devil and thought your attitude and way of life changes, but I'm surprised again.

You didn't change and though the boost the Evil Pieces gave you were minimal, they gave you an opportunity. An opportunity to bring your admirers and lovers under one banner and your execution was nothing less than enticing.

Skilful adoption and assessment of every woman you take in with expert ease made me feel the adrenalin. I was always curious which piece you would assign to a certain person.

I was correct in most and was mistaken in Kazehana's case in which I thought you would make her your Pawn, but you made her your Rook.

But after careful observation, I understood why. And I was amazed by your impressive acting skills as well, my lord. I'm thoroughly impressed and enchanted by you." She said, finally stopping her long-winded explanation.

After that, she went into more detail about what else she knew and Naruto sat there, hearing everything and the more she explained, the more he saw her love for him.

The experience was definitely eye-opening which was shared by Kurama as the grumpy and impatient fox listened carefully to the witch.

Meanwhile, Elder Council Office

As ordered by their Great King, the Rating board members are going through all the possible candidates that can be pitted against their beloved Jiraiya-sama.

"Lord-Belial and other Master class players are out of the question because of Zekram-sama's order." Said one of the officials.

The Rating game board totally had 7 members. But only 5 members were assigned the duty to make a suitable arrangement as the rest were busy with other matters.

Generally, 5 are also not assigned as normal Rating game matches are decided by 3 member panel. But since this match includes their beloved Jiraiya-sama, 5 members were assigned for a careful assessment and finalisation of the match.

Zekram Bael is called Zekram-sama or Great King but not as Bael-sama since that title falls to the current lord of Bael House, who is Zekram's decedent.

"Who else are there in the Expert class to put against Jiraiya-sama who is at least of medium level?" They thought among themselves as they went through all possible names.

"We should also take into account the number of High Class and mid-class devils in the Peerage as well," said another.

"Yes, that's all good. Do you think Jiraiya-sama can win this match?"

"Winning aside, what does he expect in return from this?"

"I don't think that it all depends on us. We should select a good candidate for him to win,"

"Yes, yes. He might release some new novels in appreciation," they said in unison.

They all forgot they were going through all the possible candidates and accidentally pressed select on one name and it was selected as the final candidate as their dirty minds chose that moment to drop into the gutter.

The name was finalised as they mimicked some moments they are dreaming and the names were magically started printing on the candidates' sheet.

After all printing was done, they got a message from the paper to seal the paper and reality chose that moment to crash in on their dreams.

"What?"

"What happened?"

"I'm doing well, My Lord,"

"What the hell,"

"What in the name of Maou,"

Were their reactions as they looked at the printed rating game finalists and shocked and scared to the bone.

"Shit. What have we done?"

"Search for something. We should change this,"

"It's not possible. You know how the roaster works. Once names are finalised, only Zekram-sama, with the approval of the majority of the council, can change it."

"B-but, this is not good. He is far more experienced to fight against Jiraiya-sama,"

"Yes. He had a full set as well. What are Jiraiya-sama's known pieces?"

"A Rook, a Knight and a Bishop not including himself."

"This is troubling, but we can't change anything now. Let's send this to both of them," said one of the daring members.

"Guys, we are forgetting something, he is a big pervert as well. So he might think better than winning against Jiraiya-sama," argued one of the members.

"Hahaha. Yes, we can do this happily now," said others and stamped the sheet with Rating Game Board's official sigil and sent it to both parties as ordered. It read.

Rating Game Announcement

'It is to inform both parties of this Rating game that a Rating game has been organised and approved by the Elder Council.

So you are requested to present at the designated arena in time to play the game.

You will be given a briefing of how the game is played before the game and are welcome to ask any questions to the Board.

As this is not in the Roaster, it is considered as an Unofficial Rating game but the Rating game Board reserves all rights to the game.

Best Wishes participants,

Rating Board.'

'Rating Game

Jiraiya, the Toad Sage Vs Riser Phenex, Third son of the Phenex Clan.'

Read the members. Seeing that it was up to their satisfaction, they happily sent it to Jiraiya and Riser.

The game was supposed to take place in a few weeks in the mutual location which is to be agreed upon by both participants.

Seeing that their work is done, they retired for the day, expecting a great Rating game and new books from the famous perverted white-haired man.

With Naruto

"What do you think, Naruto-sama? Is my cause just and what I did is ok with you?" Alice asked with curious eyes. Naruto looked at her for a minute before responding.

"I don't know what to say, Naruto. Not that she did any wrong. I'm going to appreciate her cleverness to spy with animals which can easily play around your house.

She also has interesting magic which revolves around blood. All in all, she will be very useful for you, not that your girls are not. But she is the 4th person or rather, the 1st person to see you when you came to this world.

The decision is up to you, Naruto. But she is fun to have around. I can only imagine what else her Sacred Gear can do if it changed her personality like this. Maybe she just merged with it like how I did with Skiadrum." It is Naruto's first time in a long time to hear that much from Kurama in one breadth.

They talked for long, but it's been quite some time since the lazy fox had taken interest in something other than battles and his fun to talk this much.

Not that he can't understand what she wanted from her explanation. It's clear as the sky in her eyes. A chance to be with him and observe his life from a closer perspective.

"You know, you will do great if you become a journalist," he said and Alice's smile thinned at his comment.

"You think so? Maybe I should-"

"Nah. I have a better option for you than that. Since you know everything, why don't you do what you want? But a bit closer to me?" He asked cryptically.

Though from the face splitting smile Alice had, he knew she understood what he was asking of her.

"Dear Alice, will you become a member of my family and help me when I need your assistance?" Asked Naruto, his attire changing into regal black battle armour.

His eyes changed from cerulean blue to Purple with concentric circles in them and his body was surrounded by golden-orange light. Giving him the appearance of a God.

Their location changed from Alice's house to Uzumaki residence in Kuoh with a small Magic circle which teleported them into Naruto's house.

It's become a tradition to reincarnate anyone Naruto takes into his Peerage in his house and he decided to not break it.

Several magic circles lit up and all other members of all 2 peerages appeared in the room in haste as soon as they received the summons.

"Yes, Naruto-sama," Alice replied in joy.

"Will you swear your loyalty to me and keep my secrets with you to the grave?"

"Yes, Naruto-sama," she replied again in the same joyful tone, tears falling from her eyes.

"Then I swear that I'll protect you from anything and everything. This, I promise. Will you accept my request to be my Counter?" Naruto asked, showing 2 mutated Pawns in his hand.

As Pawns can also be called Counters since they can counter the most powerful pieces with their ability to Promote to any piece when in enemy territory, Naruto phrased it like that so that it would be memorable to her as she is going to stay with him for a very, very long time.

Though they didn't know each other before their meeting a few hours back, Naruto knew Alive loved him from her spying as much as any of his girls and welcomed her with open arms.

"Yes, I accept," she said and was pulled forward.

"Then, from this moment forth, you shall be my precious Pawn and I swear, I'll protect you with my very being," said Naruto as the 2 Pawns floated from his hand and merged in her.

She accepted the piece happily and the effect was immediate. Her appearance changed and she grew 2 inches in height and her body expanded a little making her clothes tight.

Though she knew he had a very powerful Sacred Gear from what she saw when Azazel put the ball in him, she didn't expect it to be this strong.

The power she was feeling was unreal. She can't come to terms that she was accepted before she can ask it herself. She is now a member of the peerage she kept a close eye on. Everyone here was strong and great woman in their own right. She becoming one of them was never expected.

Though she thought of the possibility, she never thought it would become true and couldn't say anything to describe the feeling.

"Welcome to the family, Alice-chan. Let me introduce you to other girls." Naruto said as she caught his lips and gave in to the soothing passion they held.

She bit his lip and licked the first drop of blood that came out. As soon as she licked, the wound was healed and the power she felt from that drop was indescribable.

And Cut.

That's it for this chapter folks.

See y'all in the next chapter.

Suggestions are welcome.

R&R.

Black Infinity1289,

Ja Ne.

4