Chapter 70
3.4k 21 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"That's true. We can do that, but do we have a mutual interest, though? Like, what do you want from me?" I said, tilting my head at him.

"Mutual interest? That's a good question. Personally, I would like you to be loyal to the kingdom for the next 1000 years." He said, looking at me seriously.

"A 1000 years. I guess I will be living that long, won't I? Not happening. Loyalty is too restricted for my taste." I said, chuckling.

"How is it too restricted?"

"Being loyal to the kingdom means I can't go against anything the kingdom does, so if some dumb descendant of yours decides to do me in. I can't do anything about it. I think it's better to say I will protect the kingdom for 1000 years, but I am not loyal to the kingdom."

"That might work, but..."

"Good, and in return, I want full immunity to all my accidents that will be happening in the future and a safe haven for my race," I said, interrupting him.

"The paperwork. My poor hands." He mumbled, looking at his hands.

"Oh, and about the 1000 years. You guys can give me missions that I should do for you. For the money, of course. But the missions are not allowed to go against my principles that are quite fucked up." I said, finishing with a shrug.

"Hmm, that's not too bad. But it feels like you can do what you want, and I need to clean up your mess every time." He said, confused.

"That's the point, idiot," I said, shaking my head added.  "It's like this. You guys get a primordial as protection, and I get a safe haven where I can do what I want." 

"Sigh, Fine, that does sound good enough. But what do you mean by accidents that will happen in the future and a safe haven for your race? Might you give me an example?" The King said warry.

"Hmm, let's say a furry hit someone precious to me. I might go and castrate him, or worse, make him lose his point for living. And for my race, just give us a city or something where we can get together." I said with an emotionless voice.

"Furry? You mean... No, did Hugo really do something so dumb? But last I heard, he was still alive and fine. You and Stacy are planning something, aren't you?" He mumbled to himself before looking at me with wide eyes.

"Yeah, tonight's banquet is going to be so much fun," I said, smirking evilly.

"You know what, I don't care. Our deal is set. We can sign the contract later, though. I need to get a drink." He said, turning towards the ballroom walking away.

"Hahaha, I hope your hands are ready for the paperwork," I said while laughing.

"Don't remind me. At least try not to kill him." He said, sighing to himself.

"Ha-ha, Of course, I won't kill him. Do you think I am a monster?" I said sarcastically.

"Yes, Yes, you are one. Giving your poor young king arthritis," He said, walking back into the ballroom, and I could swear he cursed me just before it was completely gone.

"That was easier than I thought.' I said, turning back looking at the garden.

"Oh, my son is gone already." A voice said, opening the door to the balcony.

"Yes, he went and got a drink for himself," I said, turning to look at the Queen.

"Hmm, did you guys already talk about the deal?"

"Yes, we did," I said, nodding at her.

"Oh, might I know what you guys decided on?"

"I protect the kingdom for 1000 years. In return, I can do what I want in the kingdom. I will also accept missions the royal family gives me if they don't go against my principles." I explain, leaning my back against the railing.

"Not loyalty?" She said, tilting her head.

"A lot can happen to a family in 1000 years," I said, making her nod.

"That's true. You never know what your descendants will do. Let's forget about politics and things. Have you met my twins yet?" She said with a thought full look before she smiled bring the twins up.

"No, I haven't even seen my mother since I came here," I said, shrugging at her.

"Oh, here I will show you some pictures of my genius twins," She said, skipping towards me while taking out her scroll.

"Don't you need to be in the ballroom? I mean, you're the Queen, and it's your birthday banquet, right." I said, looking at her confused.

"That's too much work." She said, waving me off. Going through her scroll, she gave it to me and spoke. "Now, look how cute they were when they just hatched."

"Hatched!? Aren't you human? How did you lay eggs?" I said, baffled, seeing two eggs with cracks on them.

"Yes, I am human. They used a spell on me so I could lay eggs." She explains, smiling.

"Woah, that had to hurt," I said, looking at the queen in a new light.

"Yeah, it hurt like a bitch, but it was all worth it. Those two are wonderful children." She said, wiping through the pictures.

"Now that I think of it, how did you take pictures when scrolls weren't created back then."

"Oh, they used picture magic. Most royals have someone with that type of magic in their court."

"Never heard of it." I said, confused."

"You won't. It isn't essential to other people, so they forget to mention things like that." She explains, taking the scroll out of my hands again. "Here, look at them when they were 5 just when they woke up their memories of their past life."

"They remember everything back then?"

"No, they didn't."

"I see," I said a bit awkwardly.

"Don't give me that. I already accepted them as mine way back then."

"How I mean, they actually aren't your children anymore, are they." 

"No, they are still. We did a lot of tests. It is just they forgot 5 years of their life in exchange they remembered their past." She said, smiling kindly.

"I see that makes sense," I said, not wanting to go on with this topic.

'That makes 0 sense how they can accept an explanation like that, but everything ended up fine for everyone.' I thought, looking back at the picture of the twins.

"See, they are so smart in 8 years we move up in technology so fast that we can travel in the air." The queen said happily.

"They are smart, not gone lie. I never knew we had someone like them in our class." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Yeah, what was your name before Kitsuna." 

"I think we should go back to the banquet. They will realize you are missing, your majesty." I said politely, walking towards the ballroom again.

"No! I don't want to do go and greet some boring nobles. All they want is to suck up to me for a bit more political power." The queen said in a childlike matter.

"Huh, you can't leave everything to your son," I said, stopping and looking back at her.

"He is doing all the work anyway. this is what the nobles don't understand. I don't give a shit about being queen. All I see is a position that just comes with a responsibility that I don't want. My husband knew that and never asked anything of me, so why can't my so do the same." She said, complaining while she pouted.

"Wow, never thought we had a Queen who hates her job," I said with a chuckle.

"What do you want to become queen then?"

"No, thank you! Why too tedious for my taste." I said, shaking my head.

"My point exactly." She said, pointing at me.

"But I am still going back. I want to get myself some food." I said, continuing walking to the ballroom.

"That's fine. I am still going to hide out here." She said while waving.

'I guess Kayda was right. They are quite blunt with things.' I thought while passing people towards the food.

While I was walking, I caught a glimpse of someone's black tail that looked very familiar. Deciding to get a plate of food, then look for the owner of that tail.

"Oh wow, now that is high-class food," I said, seeing the dozens of tables with mountains of food on top of it.

  Looking around, I found a big plate and started piling food on top.

"I see you found the food, Kitsuna." I heard mom said, walking closer to me.

"Yeah, and I might have spotted the Foxy," I said with food in my mouth.

"Kitsuna, I thought we talked about this not talking with food in your mouth and don't eat that bones you going to weird people out." Mom said, facepalming at my antics.

"Not happening. these bones are done to my taste." I said, crunching down on the bone while looking at her.

"Whatever, where did you see the fox?" Mom said, getting serious.

"Just let me get my food, then we can go look for her," I said, not giving her glace.

"Fine." Mom said, sighing.

Not long after, Mom and I started walking around looking for Hugo or the demon fox.

Although the ballroom is big, it didn't take us long to find them, the reason being that Hugo and his father decided to bring their entire harem to the banquet.

"To think they brought their entire harem to the banquet," I whispered next to mom, looking at at least 12 girls standing behind Hugo.

"Who do they think they are. This was only a plus one party, and they do something like this." Mom whispered with disdain.

"Who cares. Do you see the demon fox or not," I said, looking through the girls behind Hugo?

While I was looking, I suddenly felt a tug on my arm. Looking down, I saw a small girl that was more than a head shorter than me with black hair and ears that resembles mine on her head.

"My Queen." She said, looking at me with tears running down her silver eyes.

52