Chapter 3: Breeding Age
94 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

As they neared their home the sound of a familiar voice pleading broke Aynilias’ concentration. 'Mom' her scared thought seemed to show on her face. Yutan tapped her shoulder and looked at her in confusion. That is when the piercing scream came and the scent of familiar blood reached their noses. Her eyes grew dark and her hair stood on end. The long pale silver tresses seemed to flow up with some unforeseen force. Magow dropped her bindings and grabbed their girl's shoulders trying to bring her back from her anger.
Aynilia lost her vision, her hearing going distant. Magows’ desperate pleadings seeming further and further away. The only sound she could hear was the scream, her mother's scream. It echoed, deafening Aynilia as she shrunk back into her own head. As if being pulled under the water of the Abyssal lands, she couldn't escape. Her fear of what was happening grabbed at her from all directions, pulling her down.
Magow was horrified to see the girl's once beautiful metallic cyan eyes darken, from the edges inward, to a deep ruby color. A sudden electric shock threw Magow to the ground. Yutan turned to the girl and wrapped her in a bear hug trying to stop her from losing herself. Urit helped Magow to her feet and turned his head towards home. Another blood curdling scream echoed across the landscape surrounding them. the three hunters shot their eyes to the girls lean figure which suddenly seemed much taller.
The scream cut through her darkened mind again. In her head she let out a shrill and unnatural sound that shook the darkness around her. Her eyes returned to their clear metallic blue, but her power rising from her. She threw Yutan to the side and took off with great speed to her home. As she reached the edge of the camp-like city she saw a number of armor clad warriors forcing the Creegin people she grew up with to their knees. Their garnet colored armor burned her eyes. Her eyes scanned for her mother. To her horror she found her, kneeling next to a bloodied body. The realization hit her hard in the chest, and sliced through the meat of her bosom like a blade.
"Father!!!" She screeched enraged.

Magow chased the girl as fast as she could, but she was unnaturally fast. The distance between them was growing with every second.
"Aynilia!" The woman called for her trying desperately to stop her before she reached the settlement. The Creegin people had been left, abandoned in the wilderness until their 'Masters' needed them. They were brutes, savages, and the strongest among the people. They had powers that terrified the Council, so to limit their numbers they were sent to be weeded out by the natural elements of the planet. Creegin beings of all power levels cast aside to kill or be killed. Their numbers were few compared to the army of Warrior class that were bred to kill.
The girl that came to them moon cycles ago was the highest prestige they had ever seen, the only Creegin to have higher than a 4-prestige marking. As she grew older, she never knew of her high prestige, her parents begged the people to never speak a word of it. She was only to wear garments that would cover her unique status and she was never allowed to bathe with the other Creegin women and children. Her parents fear seemed to dissipate over time. Magow now feared that the sadistic Council wanted the power the girl was thought to possess.

1