Chapter 4: Homecoming
80 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yutan's immense energy shook the ground beneath his feet. He hurled the large dead beast at the guards who were standing over his people. The muffled screams of the men as they were crushed by the corpse were silenced shortly after it hit the ground. The men died under the weight of its body perhaps.
"Yutan, you dare harm the Garnet Guard" The Captain declared raising his sword in Yutan's direction.
"Rhitan you are still the same arrogant young one I remember. However, I do not bow to some armor-clad servant dogs" Yutan's voice hit a soft spot in the proud Captain. "I will cut you down today old one. You won't live to disrespect me again!" The red armor moved away in a flash. Yutan closed in on the swift captain, his intentions clear. 'I can't let this continue anymore' Aynilia quickly jumped up and closed the space. She stood between the two men ready to be hit by one or both of them. Her eyes were closed shut, her arms held out stiff. After what felt like an eternity, she opened her eyes to find both men staring at her in disbelief. Yutan lowered his energy again, casting his eyes to the ground. She glanced at the Captain who seemed astonished that a filthy Creegin would stop them. Creegin had no alliance to the council, they were just angry war pets. So why had she spared both lives.
She thought for a moment before speaking up. "Captain, I will come with you as you have commanded. However, you cannot harm another one of my Creegin brothers" Aynilia declared low, but determined. The shock that rang through the settlement was expected. She had never wanted to return to her 'homeland' since the Lake Lands was all that she had ever known as home. What would this new land hold for her?
"Collect whatever belongings you have. You have my word that I will not touch them" The Captain spoke with the most sincerity he could muster. She lowered her head and walked to her parents. Her father was sitting up now, her mother had tears streaming like waterfalls down her delicate cheeks. She helped her mother take her father inside, his shoulder had a stab wound, but he didn't seem critically injured at least. She went to gather her things, her expression solidifying into emptiness. Her mother helped her gather her things, stopping to hug her daughter several times while she sobbed into the girl's hair.
There was no way to comfort her mother now. She had to do what she could to save them, her family. The Creegin people were the best family she could have hoped for as she ascended through moon cycles. She couldn't stand it if people got hurt because these 'council' people wanted her. "We will pray to her holiness for your safety our moon doll" her mother sobbed again. The High Priestess was a holy symbol for all people and when someone prayed to her, they meant the highest regard for the subject. Her parents love showed through. Her father, who sat silent all the while finally spoke. "Aynilia, keep your composure. No matter what they say about you, the Creegin people, or even us never exact punishment. You are not like them, you are stronger. Both in physical power and spiritual power" he spoke low and sad. His voice broke as he finally shed the tears he was holding back.
She joined her parents for a final embrace before leaving her home. Yutan, Magow, and Urit met her outside. "Be careful our blessing" Magow hugged her tightly, her strength trying to keep the girl rooted. Yutan pulled Magow away and faced the girl. "You are the pride of the Creegin people. You will always be welcome here young one" Yutan's praise broke Aynilia down some. more tears escape her eyes. She faced Urit, he was a little older than her and she always looked up to him. "I will miss you, young slayer" his words were chosen carefully. His sorrow filled eyes lingered on her own metallic ones for a long time. She gave him a hug and placed a hand on his angled face. The gesture surprised him and brought his pale features a new shade of red. She turned and approached the Captain.
"We leave now. No more goodbyes" he commanded grabbing her arm roughly dragging her away from her home. She shed tears that never hit the ground, they just glistened in the moonlight around her before vanishing. After a few moon phases they reach the border wall of a very large city. The towering gate before them was adorned in Garnet and Azure decoration.
"Rhitan, Captain of the Garnet Guard returning with the Creegin girl" the captain spoke loudly. The doors opened into a busy city street. People clad in varying shades of red and blue clothing chatting loudly and moving from place to place. The scene was too much for her senses. Aynilia held her forehead in pain. The Captain paid no mind and grabbed her moving her through the streets. As her eyes refocused on the overwhelming cityscape, she noticed many eyes on her.
She must have looked so weird dawning thick colorful pelts and white hair. She took notice that the people around her all had dark colored hair and either red or pale blue eyes. They all stood tall, much like her Creegin family, but they were more elegant looking. She started to feel like she was being studied and judged by these people. She hung her head and let her hair cover her face so she didn't have to look at them.

The long walk to a central building had felt like torture for her. The whispers reached her ears, the giggles and laughs at her fierce and ugly appearance made her sad. No-one ever judged her looks before. Her fellows had always complimented how she seemed fairer and less burly compared to other females. Her uniqueness in her homeland was beautiful and mysterious to them. Now she was scrutinized for most of her features.
"Raise your head girl. I will not lead you everywhere" the Captain barked at her. He seemed to really value his position within this city. His head never moved from its forward position. They reached a large building covered in blood red flags and garnet armored warriors. The gates opened up into a wide greeting hall. Aynilia was shocked and didn't bother to hide it. The Captain beside her seemed slightly amused with her reaction. 'Of course, she would know nothing of her real homeland. Cast out since birth only to be yanked back' Rhitan's thoughts were broken by a commanding female voice.
"Captain is this the last of the tournament mates?" Aynilia looked up at the woman. Her long pitch-black hair pulled high atop her head and garnished with golden ornaments. Her skin was fair and had a pink hint to it, her brilliant Crimson dress trailed to the floor and spilled like firewater. Her hands clasped together as her golden eyes studied the girl in front of her. She was disgusted by the choice the council made for her son. A filthy outland Creegin, what a joke. She shot a fierce smile at the girl, "my ladies will show you to your room. Tomorrow the tournament starts" she spat out feigning grace. She turned on her heel, "we will see how long you make it" she spat disgustedly before marching out.
'Welcome home Aynilia' she thought angrily.

1