2.The Misfortune of the World
110 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As my groggy mind slowly comes alive I think about the last thing I can remember.

(??)"Urg, my head hurts."

I remember now I'm Dale a 6 year old orphan who is ignored due to having unnatural abilities, it seems I just got back my former life's knowledge which seems to be the reason why my head hurts.

As for the situation I'm in it seems I was born around the time Quirks first started appearing and villains started causing problems, while the civilians fear those with unnatural abilities.

My parents past away when I was 4 and I was sent to an orphanage due to no relative wanting me to live with them.

While I was remembering everything I got off the ground and looked around. I see a room with a couple of beds most of them being made and empty while one other is not made but no-one in it. Behind me is my bed that I seemed to have rolled off of, the room looks to have been poorly maintained as the wood floor seems to be rotten and the walls have cracks due to age and the roof is leaking.

(Dale)"Urg, my head is really killing me."

I remember the last thing I was doing was helping clean the orphanage when I suddenly got a headache that kept getting worse and worse until I finally passed out. While I remembered things I was holding my head with my hands and massaging my temples to make myself feel better someone enters the room.

(???)"Oh, your finally awake Dale that's good to see, the old lady wont get any doctors for us to see if were sick."

As I look at who just enter I seem to remember who he was, he's Ryan the other person who sleeps in this room he is another orphan and just like me he has a Quirk and due to this he is also picked on like me.

(Dale)"Yea I'm awake and feeling better now thanks for bringing me to my bed earlier."

(Ryan)"Its fine, but if your up and feeling better I think its time you finished your chores before the old lady yells at you."

(Dale)"Haha, yea that wouldn't be good those can take a long time to get out of and she doesn't seem to care for what we say anyway."

(Ryan)"*Sigh*, what do you expect when people are so terrified of us that they make sure that we don't do anything else."

I sigh as well when I think about what's to come in the future due to having some idea of what happened in the past when quirks first appeared. I know it will be chaos with villains doing whatever they want and vigilantism running rampant all over the world. Its not until a few decades that the hero system is put in place and another years for the world to accept the concept of Quirks.

Anyway I have to figure out my plans for the future and what I want before I make any moves so that I don't make a mistake. Luckily I still got a few years as a child to figure that out and know what steps I should take in the future.

(Dale)"Let's go Ryan we should finish are chores now and go eat."  

(Ryan)"Yep, right behind you."

We leave the room and into the hallway I think about my life the past 4 years and who I am. As some one with memories but of none about himself my own identity is still a mystery to myself so hopefully the time to come will help me set some standards.

While I'm thinking this we travel down a rundown hallway and reach the front yard. The chores are mostly cleaning and cooking sadly Ryan and I are really bad at cooking so we always get sent to clean. Todays chores are to wipe the windows and to pull weeds outside.

(Ryan)"I'll wipe the windows while you pull the weeds just don't collapse again we don't want you to get kicked out."

(Dale)"Yea, Yea."

As we do are chores time passes by and we soon finish a little after lunchtime but its alright since we can still get something to eat.

 

2