CH 17: The Boss Room
410 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<POV Ren Itsuki>

It has been 10 days since we were thrown in this place by that Goddess.

And for the entire past week, we have been grinding levels to fight our way through the boss room. There is no way to avoid this boss room, and going to the above floors isn't possible too because opening the door for the above floor from this side is not possible. This dungeon falls in the No-Return type, that is, once entered a door, it is impossible to open it back from the other side. The boss monster inside this gate caused even Bruce to sacrifice all his summons and escape with Selina and Fena, so it isn't to be underestimated. That's why, to become even a bit stronger than before, we have been using this time to grind levels by killing all the Arachnes that we could find on this floor. 

'Hmm.....'

"<STATUS>" 

[                               ]

           NAME: Ren Itsuki                       

           AGE: 17

           SEX: Male

           RACE: HIGH HUMAN

          ORIGIN: EARTH-818

          TITLE: 

          The Not Summoned One    

                                                                

           LEVEL: 947

         PHYSICAL STATS :

           HP: 5682/5682

           MP: 9470/9470

         STR: 0

           DEX: 1894

           DEF: 0

           AGI: 1894

           INT: 4735

           LUCK: not defined

           ABNORMAL STATE: none

                                                                    

          SKILLS:

  1. Disintegration lvl 4 [ ⇓ ]

         < Number of shots: 81/81 >

       2. Summoning lvl 1 [ ⇓ ]

       <Summonned beast contract limit: 3>   

         <Summon contracts left: 0>

                                                                     

        BLESSINGS:

        Linguistics   [ ⇓ ]

 [                                             ]

I am now a level 947. It has improved my speed and agility, but not my stamina or strength. Though I feel like the need for sleep and food has decreased, maybe the effect of level-ups.  

The last Arachne that I killed didn't increase our levels by much, only an increment of 1 level for both of us. They aren't causing nearly as much difficulty as they caused in the starting, well, we have a pretty nice strategy to deal with them now, so... yeah. And their speeds too, I mean, I can see and aim at them without much problem. But, I am still unaware if I can survive their outrageous strength or not, ugh... seeing my DEF state, I'll surely not.

Also, I think this dungeon doesn't spawn the monsters magically out of thin air, because if that were true... there should've been much more Arachnes than we encounter now. Besides, if they really did spawn out magically, their only motive would be to eliminate us, but I saw a few sleeping and a few wrestling each other too, so, I don't think they're born magically for a singular purpose of killing us. It is as if they are the rightful inhabitants, and we are the intruders.

About my skill, summoning, it is still at level 1. I've also found that I can only summon those beasts which I've seen in real life. As I can't summon some beasts like dragons and other rare beasts, nor can I summon any animals of my past world that I didn't see in real life, like Polar bears.

In some cases, this-   [ Insufficient "Int" stat ]  alert wasn't allowing me to summon successfully.

Anyway, I am thankful to Mom, both of my past and this life, who took me to the zoo, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to summon a deer for Fena, nor I would've been able to gain these pair of helper summons. 

I've contracted two more summons, both of them are Cheetahs. I noticed that the beasts with which I form a contract, have increased intelligence than those which are simply summoned and not contracted. 

I think it is so that they could follow the orders more effectively. Maybe. Anyway, these already incredibly swift Cheetahs have grown even stronger and faster. As I level up, they become more powerful. Their mobility is particularly irritating to enemies, giving me more time to aim precisely. I have named the bright yellow one Yelo the other one with darker colour is Bron, both are females. These two, unlike Fena, are more devoted to me than Rina. Yelo has a calmer demeanour than Bron. Bron, on the other hand, enjoys playing with Fena by stealing her bites and nibbling her tail. 

They are obedient to both of us, but they favour me more.'I was so smug about it, heh.' 

'Fena clearly prefers her to me just because she awoke in 'her arms' rather than mine. I'm sure if I had held her when she awoke, she would have preferred me over her, right?'

'Hmm? Is this how fathers feel when the kid likes the mother more?'

'Sigh, what the hell am I thinking...' 

Rina's current level is 879. Her skill level improves every hundred levels. The maximum force exerted by her psychokinesis is the square of the hundredth level divided by ten. Which is now 64KN (Kilo Newton), enough to completely paralyse an Arachne.

The last Arachne could only tremble in resistance under Rina's Psychokinesis. This made me aware that these monsters are enough powerful to be able to resist such force. In a direct fight, there is no chance that I'll win.

I also tested a few of Fena's abilities in battle, as well as her "trump card". 

I did a lot of experimenting with these Arachnes. Their skin seemed impenetrable, so tough that even Fena's fangs could hardly penetrate their skin. But when she used her 'Trump Card', she was able to rip apart their bodies rather easily. 

Of course, the Arachnes we used to experiment upon were already dead from my skill. So, there was no hazard. I also observed that once my skill is successfully invoked, then even if a body part is separated from the torso, it would still get disintegrated no matter how far you take that part away from the torso, nothing will remain once my skill is connected. When they're dead from my skill, it takes around 25 mins for them to vanish completely. Enough time to run a slew of such experiments.

Since now these Arachnes don't give us many level-ups and have become too scarce to find as well, I think it's finally time to check out that boss room. 

'Sigh...'

To be honest, I really wanted to avoid entering that gate that even Bruce, the strongest adventurer of his time, had barely escaped. But..... we don't have another way.

Right now, we're waiting for all gauges to fill up, that is, MP, HP and number of shots for me and just HP and MP for Rina. My MP barely gets depleted, but Rina was practising flying that's why her MP is depleted completely. It takes a half-day to recover her whole MP.

.

.

.

I set down Bruce's book, which I was reading to find any useful information and partly to pass the time. I stared at the door for a bit and then back at the book. I looked at Rina. She was playing with Fena. The bandage that I tied on her head is still there, covering her right eye. Hmm?

"Rina, have you noticed your eye colour has changed from brown to red?"

"Woah Really?....... Yeah, I have noticed that I can see much better now than in the first couple of days......so this must be why, huh. Your's haven't changed though, why?"

"I don't know... Maybe these mutations vary from individual to individual? I myself feel like my height has increased. Also, I too can see much better now, maybe due to level-ups?"

"Nah, that's in your head you are still the same height as me, maybe a bit short, hehe"

"Is that so, sigh, I wanted to be as tall as I was in my past life..........."

"Uwu, I want to see how my eyes look, but there are no mirrors in this dungeon.............. Oh!"

Something came to her mind, and she went to search her bag for something.

"Found it! Smartphone! Teehee!" She jumped jovially.

"Are you sure you want to turn it on just to see your face? Oh well, do whatever you want."

"YUP!.... Ohhhhhh! My eye is totally red! I wonder if my right eye changed colour too... Hey, I already turned it on, let's take a selfie!"

"Sure" I smiled.

Rina, eh... 

In only a week, we have come so close to each other, huh. 

Yes, we call each other by our first names now. Honestly, it was a bother to care about honorifics and all.

Sigh,

.

.

.

All our gauges are full. Now, we are all set to fight the 'thing' inside that giant-eerie gate.

"Rina, Fena, Yelo and Bron, are you ready?"

"Yes!"

"woof"

" "rrawr" "  

"let's go."

We walk to the front of the Gate. 

Finally, after staring at it for so many days in unease, we're going to enter it, huh.

I touch the glowing stone at the bottom centre of the gate, to pour mana into it. The stone accepted my mana as it glowed even more than before. The walls trembled as the gate slowly opened with a creak. 

There was darkness inside... yet it wasn't blinding.

I instructed Yelo to go inside ahead of us to look for traps. If something happens, Rina can use her psychokinesis to drag herself towards us. As she marched on, Yelo searched the surroundings for the enemy.

Seems like there are no instant door traps, "Let's go in too."

I stepped inside and surveyed the room.

This room is particularly large, maybe around 50m wide and 100m in length. Numerous rocks, stones, and boulders are lying around the entrance. There is also the debris of a gate, destroyed by Bruce's group. Most Probably. 

The number of Mana stones in this place is far too low making the chamber so murky. Another gate is located in the opposite direction from where we entered. That's the door to the next floor. I could see thick white webbings spread in each corner of this room.... and at the top right corner of this room, a Giant Spider is resting. 

It's black in appearance, barely noticeable in all this darkness if not for those red stripes.

The area boss is a giant spider, no surprise there, we have been seeing these vicious Arachnes all this time.

The good thing is that it hasn't noticed us, it's sleeping. With Rina's help, I'll just reach it and disintegrate it right now and... huh??....... There is one thing... I... I cannot see the soul stone! Does it not have one!? But Bruce wrot--...........!!

*sshichichssichikhakkhikhiaikahikachichcic* 

!!

It woke up. It sensed our presence!

I decided to post the rest of Summoned Heroes POV later. Next chapter will continue the boss fight, I'll post it next week.
I need Beta readers, feel free to join my discord: https://discord.gg/RXgdGhecjr
Thanks for reading!

 

20