Chapter 4 – Food for thoughts?
675 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

By the time I wake up, the sky has already turned dark. I stare at the stars through the canopy of the forest. How long has it been since I’ve been able to see the stars. The sound of insects buzzing, wood cackling in fire and stomach grumbling in hunger fills the otherwise eerie silence. Sighing, I close my eyes as my past endeavours run through my mind. Why did I do what I did back then? Why didn’t I stop her? And.. Why did it feel so damn good!! It isn’t long before perplexing thoughts and emotions come crashing down on my still mind.

I am dressed now, it’s dry and a bit warm even. I guess she must have dressed me while I was asleep. I feel comfortable, if not for my complex train of thoughts. Sighing, I sit up and my eyes catch the sight of her skewering a meat on a stick and let it roast on the heat. The caution and concerns which were thrown out of the window earlier, returns back.She flashes a grin as her amber eyes meet mine. I am, once again, reminded of what happened earlier. It just happened naturally, just like that fateful night. ‘We were meant to be, my love.'' I could still hear her voice in my mind. Is that truly what this is?

“Slept well, my love? I found us some food.” She points to the skewered meat. The aroma of meat being roasted slowly drifts around the air. ‘Did she do all that by herself?’ I ponder to myself before eyeing her up and down. She smiles and takes the meat, her hand going straight into the fire. She doesn’t even flinch, not a single bit, but lifts the spit with ease. She gets up and walks over to me. I always had my suspicions that she wasn’t normal and her actions only cemented them more.

She offers it to me, “Eat, my love.” lowering it to me. I frown at her, but ultimately the smell and my hunger makes me take the offer. She beams as I accept it. I blow into the sizzling meat, before taking a bite. I take another bite, sneaking a glance through the corner of my eyes, wondering why she isn’t eating yet. She watches me eat for a while before going back to the fire and bringing over the remaining meat. She offers me some more and starts eating the remaining meat herself. She eats swiftly, practically gobbling down the whole meat in one go before moving to the other. Quite unnatural yet graceful at the same time.

I realise that this isn’t the time to ask about these things. So I remain quiet. If I had learnt anything about her, it was that she could’ve hurt me if she wished for it, but she didn’t so far or at least it seemed like it. Although she was a bit forceful at the start earlier, and I gave my consent shortly after, because it felt damn good. A statement which I won't be voicing out any sooner. With another sigh, I simply eat the rest of my meat.

Our gazes cross often and she smiles, then blushes. Although she appears mature, at least in her thirties, her behaviour is more reminiscent of a maiden who’s barely an adult. What’s more, a maiden in love. There’s a regal air about her, a lustful playfulness and also a crazed look behind her amber eyes. It’s like she’s three different people at the same time. By the time I finish one stick, she is already on her sixth. Quite impressive and abnormal. She is taller than me but that doesn’t do justice to her eating… habits. Shaking my head, I simply finish the meat before throwing the stick.

After a good sleep and belly full of food, my thoughts have cleared up mostly, so I begin wondering about my crazy circumstances. 'I was kidnapped by the same person responsible for my slave imprisonment, and Now I am eating with her side by side, after she...earlier...' I gulp down hard remembering what happened. My ears take on the faintest shade of red. "So What will happen to me?" I weakly mumble to myself, drowning  in my thoughts.

“It’s simple. You come with me, and we go home together darling.” She says it very matter of factly, as if it was supposed to be obvious from the start. She giggles and winks at me before finishing up her portion of the meat. “I will treat you better than any kings you’ve known.” She adds. I scoff at her response. “Just like that? When I don’t even know who.. Or what you do? Don’t forget that you are the one who put me in this position, in the first place. This was your fault.” I get up. Although I think that she won’t hurt me, I don’t want to put that thought to test by running away again. Besides, running in a completely unknown territory in darkness seems pointless.

“Yes?” she replies, cocking her head to a side, puzzled. “My name is Liana. Lady Liana if you will.” I mentally take a note when she addresses herself as a Lady. She adds, “and I love you.” she gets up and her hands reach to stroke my face. “I did what I did years back because she deserved it. Think what your life would’ve been if I didn’t do that. How long would you remain a servant? Could you save any money when you had to provide for another, not just yourself? You’d be stuck like that, cleaning up after someone for the rest of your life. I freed you from that. You became a slave, yes, but you were already a slave before that anyway. I can show you freedom. True Freedom.”

I keenly listen to her words. Her words were quite enticing and contained a bit of truth in them, but I am not convinced. “And, you think you deserve me?” I ask mockingly. Her eyes turn fierce and she replies flatly,”We deserve each other.” I scoff and add “Yes I may have been a lowly servant, but I was content striving for more. Don’t just assume that just because you offer me a greater life, I would simply forget what I had to go through because of you. And to top it all off, I saw what you did in the morning. You don’t give two shits about taking a life. What if I end up in the same place as them? I’d rather die than come with you and spend my time scared and terrified.” I was fuming with rage and anger at my own powerlessness and also at her.

“Trust me, my love, in a few days, you'll forget how everything was previously. You'll be in your own personal heaven, with me by your side to guide it. You're right in that I don't care for any other lives, barring my own and now yours. Those people had it coming. They kept you in, did they not? They kept us apart. Don't tell me that you didn't think it was a suitable revenge for what they did to you?"

I shake my head in denial "Yeah. I highly doubt that I'll ever forget what happened, even when I might be in your so-called heaven. How do you expect me to trust the words that you wouldn't kill me? Do you think I'm that naive and gullible?" I scoff and continue "Look at you talking about revenge." I chuckle, shaking my head once again.

She smiles, "If you want even more, I can help you with that too. I'll serve up your old master's head on a plate if that's what you wish? Besides... You didn't seem too scared when you coated my mouth with your seed... When you moaned as I licked you...When you groaned and grunted as I sucked you... Perhaps you want me to do it again? And then some more?" She lifts the hem of her robe, showing the offer is serious if I take it.

I quickly get caught off guard when she mentions our last encounter. Clearing my mind and throat, I reply sternly “ There won’t be a second time” ,ignoring her invitation to go at it again for which she pouts in a playful way, feigning disappointment. I let out a heavy sigh, before staring at her eyes. “I honestly see no point in coming with you, I'm scared and I feel powerless somehow in front of you. All these riches and power would still mean nothing if I'm unsure whether I'll be alive the next day or the next moment even." I say in a stern voice, skipping some thoughts which I deemed would put my life at danger. Heck, I have no idea if I would live after saying this.

She comes closer to me, reaching out and gently squeezing my arm. "Trust me, you'll forget about any bad in this world if you give yourself over and become mine... I'll be yours too." She says, still trying to seduce me with gifts. "I talk about revenge because it's right. He tortured you for years, my love. You can't simply forgive that. I know that means you can't forgive me either, but I'm sure you'll take out your wrath on my body soon enough..."

She leans over, pecking at my cheek, before pressing my lips to mine. "Tell me, darling. How can I prove to you that you're the most important thing in the world to me? I could never endanger you..."

I grab her hands by the wrists, before taking them off my arms. “Yeah Right!” I sigh in disbelief. “You are goddamn right about that. I can’t simply see myself forgiving you. Ever.” Gritting my teeth, I add “Seducing isn’t going to get you anything anymore. So I suggest you stop.”, in a serious tone. I quickly back away when her lips touch mine. “I don’t think there is anything you could do to prove that…” I wipe my lips off before adding “darling…” mockingly. “If at all, Let me go right now..” I hated myself for this, but I was too powerless right now to do anything to her.

She sighs, her disappointment and frustration apparent on her face but it gives way to sadness and worry when I ask her to let me go. “But.. I love you.” She’s on the verge of tears now. She sighs as she wipes her tears away.

“Okay. Fine! You can go!.”

17