Part II – Chapter 25: Andromeda
22 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Andromeda Draconis Orion

The emperor sits on his thinking chair, his throne, distracted. The enchanted thrones Glory effect subtly affects everyone within the throne room, even those with powerful mental barriers.

The entire throne is a talisman and was very difficult to acquire and even more difficult to finish making and charge with sufficient ether. The raw element of creation being so difficult to grasp or manipulate the emperor had to seek a dragon to help complete it.

The large serpent was stubborn but eventually helped with the project in exchange for Andromeda crafting something for it at a later date. He grins reminiscing of the first exchange he had with Eragon, the Sleeping Dragon of the West.

A title he earned from his laziness, the low number of people that challenge him into wakefulness and the location of his den.

Found near the West Ascension Gate and acting as it's guardian, Eragon is who the expression, 'let sleeping dragons lie.' is based on. The West Ascension Gate is the only one of the Gates on Gaia that can allow people through that haven't reached the necessary level of power.

All they have to do is get passed Eragon. Many a dumb animal has gone through without being molested by the lazy dragon but any sapient creature that isn't acknowledged by him dies.

The emperor sighs internally thinking about his son again. Jericho is the 813th Prince of Celestia and is troubled by his father's rule. The lover of justice, loyalty, order and law.

The dreamer of a fair world, care and love for all, a foolish romatic by all accounts but still probably the most deadly of any of his siblings born within the same four years as himself. The best in combat in his training group consistently and for a Celestial Royal that's saying something.

The emperor's familiar informs him of the eminent arrival of Corvus the minister of the interior led by Arthur, Queen Andreà's twin brother. Now a loyal member of the court with his mind scrapped clean of any other rebellious secrets against me or his sister, his soul claimed and replaced by a creature I am yet to understand. Something old though, older than the darkness.

The huge doors open audibly with a sound of wood clanging on wood but otherwise open smoothly and effortlessly. The sound an effect more to put visitors at ease than a failing in the door mechanism.

My royal guards step forward casualy. Two of my grand daughters keeping back and continuing their chatting while their two cousins walk over and casually pat Corvus down.

Awakened sight, examine, soul sense, void detect, aware examination, mana sight are actively used by all present as Epsilon continues the mundane search. I grin at how oblivious Corvus remains to the thorough violation of his privacy in the search, not that its necessary but one can never be too careful and the training in vigilence is necesaary for the kids.

The royal children trained since before birth to be the deadliest minds and fighters in all the world. They are the elite of Gaia and the rest of the world isn't even aware of them.

Corvus walks forward greeting some of the royal guards he knows and a few of the Queens busy conducting court at their lower thrones as he moves through the chamber towards me.

The thrones are lesser talismans I made to copy mine so they can boost brain power and allow the manifestation of avatars thousands of kilometers away amongst other benefits. The Queens use these to continue ruling from a distance when loathed to leave Orion or their lord unattended.

The minister steps forward at the signal from the emperor's Speaker standing on the right of the first dais. A man said to be connected mind to mind with the emperor to use when his Majesty doesn't feel like designing the court with his voice.

Corvus steps forward and just when he is about to speak a side door opens with a little squeak heard only in the subsonic sound range. The Speaker forestalls further talk with a raised hand, the man having the aura of an irrefutable king himself causes Corvus' words to get stuck in his throat. He swallows them back down and begins sweating profusely his eye going up the dais to the emperor fearfully now and again.

"Grandfather I have a report." The royal granddaughter says mind to mind as she returns home after nearly 200 years.

Andromeda's heart swells and his powerful aura of affection fills the court as he expresses his joy. Corvus falls on the floor twitches,having soiled his pants in orgasm from the unexpected aura of affection that broke through his mental barriers.

"Enough of that grandfather you will embarrass me," Carinae projects in protest to the smothering.

The other cousins quickly flock to her some using words, some projecting their meaning drowning her in a sea of voices and enthusiasm having nto seen or heard from her in so long.

"Enough!" Queen Cercia projects silencing all. She steps off her dais and walks to Carinae with great dignity, studying her wayward granddaughter critically with an unreadable visage.

"Daughter. Welcome home." The Queen says enfolding Carinae into her arms and everyone is gives a sigh of relief.

"Thank you Queen Mother," Carinae says against Cercias's bosom.

"What brings you home after so long girl?" The emperor projects, causing her to separate from her grandmother and step forward.

"Grandfather I bring news." She says loudly in words. "A celestial meteorite has fallen on the lands. Separating into two, one going into the ocean, the other on a small continent across the Panthalana in the shadow of Pangaea. The time of the prophecy has come. The time for the world to be broken is upon us." She says with finality silencing all.

 

2