Part II – Chapter 40: Ancient/Corvus
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Ancient of Days

We walk into the city gates of Orion on foot. Having had abandoned our first horse drawn carriage at the port city of Quincy in the city run state of Pearl on the western coast of Pangaea.

A trip we have been making the old fashioned mundane way for two reason. If it can be considered being pulled by two magical horses of the mastiff breed mundane, horses on the cusp of Awakening to sapience themselves.

The first reason is to familiarize Israel with travel, the world at large and interaction with people. His wild ways have their place but I needed to broaden the boy's horizons.

None of the occupied territories closest to the Conclave training camps practice slavery to the extent that the rest of Pangaea does. And none are very big or powerful due mainly to how inhospitable the terrain usually is and how deadly to humanoids the beasts are.

Beasts that covet humanoid prey as it increases their chances of Awakening, as does eating magical and Awakened beasts increases our own chances of Awakening.

The second reason besides letting the boy acclimatise and get acquainted with travel is to work on the hate the boy has. The easiest way to do that for someone who wants to have personal power so no one can ever enslave him again is to show him how his own hate is stifling the growth of his power.

Then it becomes a battle between his fear of being dominated and enslaved, or his attachment yo his hate. This I did by teaching him about chakra and how it can edify his life as a whole and his power.

Doing things he considered magic only capable of being done by Awakened, and attributing all of it to chakra. Skills hard earned and practiced through manipulation of chakra and mundras that leave lasting impressions on him.

I taught him to meditate and guided him through it all daily for more than 20 hours of our day. The luxury of traveling in a carriage.

With my help from my own chakra energy blasting into his clogged ones I managed to momentarily open his channels for him, giving him a sample of what living a life of balance could be like. He practically glowed for those few moments as he knew peace and tears flow down his face.

"Thank you grandfather." He said in wonder before they closed up again and he became as sick as a dog.

Vomiting and shitting, and sweating for nearly an hour as his body tries to get rib of everything that was clogging his chakra points. Something it cannot do smoothly with his chakra clogged again. After being miserable for the rest of the day he decided he feared slavery more than he loved to hate humanity and elven kind.

We worked diligently on his chakra after that, even his heart chakra where he actively tried to forgive those that had wronged him only because of his heritage as a half human half elven child.

As we reach his throat chakra he spoke of the vile things they did to him. How some of the oversees loved to bugger little boys or how his twin sister would get violated sometimes by a new master that had brought them from the slavers.

Tears flowed down both our faces as he spoke of his treatment, of the many injustices and misery they lived through. Only grateful to be sold together, mother daughter and son.

Of how as he got older he got stronger and becoming more rebellious, of how they were eventually sold to a more powerful master who could soul mark his slaves to obedience.

How he was separated from his mother and sister and there on a ship found himself swimming in the middle of the ocean during a storm. Pieces of the ship scattered all over the water and every man trying to survive in the bubbling waters, things pulling them below the crashing waves mercilessly. How he somehow was pulled down but opened his eyes to find himself on the isle he now knows is refereed to as one of the Lost Islands.

His life was tragedy after tragedy to that point, but even then his spirit could never fully rest for he had family that was still enslaved by the humans.

After opening his throat chakra working on his third eye and crown were simpler, if not exactly simple. But by the time we stepped off the ship we had boarded at Quincy he had reached balance for the first time in his life. Having achieved emotional, spiritual and physical balance.

 

We arrived at Stellar, a beautiful and huge port city made of vanished white stone, tiles and marble. Said to be the busiest port city in the entire continent of Spatium. A continent rivalled only by Pangaea, Gondwana, Laurasia and Atrium in size.

We spent three days at the city resting and exploring the terrain. The city was a treat for Israel but he tried his hardest not to show it. From there we hired a carriage to the kingdom of Isilgar, also part of the Celestial empire but ruled by a king that was defeated and conquered by the imperial army hundreds of years ago.

The only kingdom in all the world that has an Ancient Beast as king. Almost everything in Isilgar is built around Gaia instead of built over her. One of the cities, Fernhold, is mostly built of wood along the huge sky trees that stand tall enough to break cloud cover in places.

The tree trunks themselves carefully made into luxury homes, curved into the majestic trees for the wealthy and those the trees choose to allow to stay. Some of the curved houses home to huge Awakened birds that are prominent in the forest of Skigaurd. But most of the majestic beasts making their home on perches at the top of the tree in the stratosphere.

The houses and buildings at the base of the trees having their foundations built into the roots of the trees, and the trees engulf them. Ensuring nothing could move them so long at the trees themselves remain standing.

The population of the city is mostly demi-human beast man of all kinds, but a few elves and humans are not a rare sight amongst the floating glow lights that permeate the city after dark.

We stayed another two days there, being tourist but I knew Israel's patience was wearing thin.

From there we headed straight to Orion, the ruling city of this vast empire and where I'm sure this uncanny fellow that calls himself emperor will sense my presence the moment I enter his city, and he does.

 

The city of Orion is very unique in this world for every single building is made from the same stone. A mixture of volcanic rock and meteoric rock that gives every building and wall a dark hue that is scintillating faintly.

From a distance at night or during twilight the city looks like looking into the stars in the night sky. The dark rich stone gives the city an atmosphere of gloom and secrets, yet also sparkling like glitter a mischievous child scattered onto every building. The people seem cheerful and happy in the gay gloom of a city whose laws are designed to promote strength first and foremost. A city that stretches out for more than 2000 square kms when including the private estates and the few buildings outside the city walls.

There is hardly a distinction between night and day in Orion the city that never sleeps. And even in the darkest time of the year with clouds blocking the stars the buildings themselves sparkle faintly resulting in it never being truly dark in Orion.

The formula for the mixture of the stones is said to be invented by the emperor himself and many of the attributes of the stone are still unknown but the few that are making living in Orion the safest place from mages.

The stones can easily be warded and many are, with wards that damper any mana based element that affects them. Be it frost, fire, darkness or light. Any mana based element that touches the stones isn't as affective against them as I should be.

The mining of any meteorite on Celestia strictly carried out by representative from the Hezbollah.

Israel and I walk through the very big city, with a population anything between 2 or 3 million people. Almost all of them warriors or fighters of some kind. A nation nurtured and nourished for war, and sadly their purpose is at hand. I will admit though, the boy doesn't think small.

We finally reach the open gates to the inner city and I'm still not sure whether or not I should bring Israel with me to meet the boy. I probably shouldn't let him out of my sight though...

"Israel."

"Yes grandfather?" He says looking at me.

"Try to be at your best behaviour alright? I don't want to have to have a disagreement with this strange boy. He has been outside my sight for over a thousand years of his life. I have no idea what surprises he may have."

He considered my words a moment then nods his assent. "Yes grandfather." He says, and we walk into the inner city of Orion.

*

Corvus

I stand before the emperor for the first time since the birth of the world. Hoping he does whatever it is he did with his aura again, but praying not to embarrass myself this time.

The Speaker of the emperor on the left of the dais is quietly giving instructions to two men dressed in the traditional dress of the Jihad. The one on the right is facing me after telling me I could rise.

The most interesting thing though is the old man speaking to the emperor directly. I'm trying to keep my attention on the Speaker, I really am. But to be fair even some of the Queens seem curious.

"I'm glad you find the conversation I'm having over there so captivating." The Speaker says with a grin.

Shit! I immediately bring all my attention to bare on the speaker before me.

"Yes Majesty." I say with a deep bow and await the purpose of my summons.

"I would like you to gift something to me." The Speaker of the emperor says in his smooth deep charismatic voice.

"Anything I have is yours Majesty." I say with feeling and wait my instructions.

This could be a great boon for me, to be given a chance to give something to a man that has everything. My eye quickly looks at the actual emperor and back.

I have no doubt that the emperor is having three conversations simultaneously, two as the two Hezbollah bow and leave. Dividing a mind twice is something anyone could eventually learn to do. Dividing a mind three times is something reserved only for psions like myself.

Yet the emperor does this effortlessly, but I've also seen him use magic, and I have recently seen his second body around the palace grounds. The man is just too much to be just an Awakened. Maybe the Persians are onto something by referring to him as the godking.

"You have two slaves in your possession, you prize them greatly for their beauty and the power they have Awakened." The Speaker/emperor says.

Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit! I'm cursing within because there are only two slaves that have ever Awakened in my household and hr is right in saying they are greatly prized.

"Of course Majesty I will bring them to you immediately." I say with a deep bow.

"There is no need for that Corvus, I have taken the liberty." He says smoothly with a grin.

I start getting warmer, if they become the emperors possessions they may reveal all my secrets to him. Not that I harbour any rebellious thoughts, but many has been a time I had them bugger me while wearing the illusion of the emperor.

Sona and Saea step into the throne room through a side door, walk quickly towards the dais to a room that has suddenly gone silent.

They are beauties that rival some of the Queens I dare to think in my own mind. Is this them becoming concubines? Will they one day be above my station with me bowing to them as they punish me for all the deprived acts and minor assassinations I've had them carry out?

They bow respectfully to the Queens before being lead forward to the emperor's dais by Acamar. Who bows and steps backwards, far enough that even if violence ensures he won't get dirty I notice. Like everyone in the empire, I have been trained to kill.

"Do you Corvus Glaive relinquish ownership of these to women to me Andromeda Draconis Orion?" The Speaker/emperor asks loudly.

The voice of the Speaker suddenly thick with mana as everyone looks towards me. Yes those two are worth a fortune but this is the emperor we're talking about here.

"I do." I say, infusing my own voice with mana and feeling the drain on my meager channels flowing towards the two women and the emperor.

"Excellent." The emperor says himself walking down the stairs passed his guest to look at the two women trying very hard not to piss themselves.

His arm reaches forward to touch Sona's hair but it never gets there, stopped midair by an old tired voice.

"That's far enough boy."

The words are spoken softy, but they silence every tongue and mind in the room. My mouth is gaping open and I'm not the only one.

Did I just hear that right? Did that old man just call the Emperor of Celestia 'boy'?

Did the old man just tell the emperor what to do? Has that even been done outside a private audience in the last 200 years?

Blood starts ringing in my ears as I expect blood and guts to be splattered everywhere. Both Sona and Saea, my former slaves are swaying on their feet. Holding each other up somehow.

The audacity the old man has to speak out in such a way being a guest in the inner city of Orion. Doesn't he realise there are worse things than a quick death that he could-

Arthur snickers, breaking everyone in the room from the spell of the moment. I actually begin breathing again, only now realizing I was holding my breath.

"Alright old man, I won't mess with what's yours." The emperor says with a grin and suddenly everyone is looking at the unassuming tall old man with new eyes.

I barely hold in my psionic sense , as my curiosity nearly gets the better of me. Who is this old man that could make the emperor back down from such a clear challenge?

"Sona, Saea, I release you from slavery and any bonds that bind you." The emperor says in a powerful mana infused voice that rumbles throughout the room.

The two women collapse of the floor quivering, before their power blooms. Especially Sona's, filling the room for all with senses to feel as they are released from binding that have been stifling them for decades.

It all ends almost as soon as it started. This is just a day full of surprises, I think to myself looking at the two women panting on the floor.

The old man walks down the steps he was standing on, further up the dais than I have ever seen anyone allowed.

"Sona, I am your grandfather, I'm here to take both of you home." He says gently placing his hands on them.

Sona begins to weep into his chest, joined quickly by Saea. This not what I expect to happened today at all.

0